June Just Chat Thread

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2011, 03:30 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
We are in the midst of a princess party.
Kill me now.

June 3rd, 2011, 03:40 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedCoffee View Post

I am totally following it. I want t o know the moment they fry that little ***** for what she did to that precious child.

glad I'm not the only one. I can't believe all the lies she told and kept to it all...

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

June 3rd, 2011, 03:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Hiya!

Not much to say, but wanted to say that much.

June 3rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I think we all know that toddlers can be a challenge, but if she didn't want to be a mom anymore, why didn't she just drop the kid off at her parents' and leave town? An innocent child doesn't deserve what that woman did to her own child. Awful.

Lily's dance rehearsal was supposed to take only an hour from 5-6. We didn't get into the car until 7:15. Feeding kids dinner when it is supposed to be bedtime is pretty annoying. Only 45 minutes before I have to go and clean up after a cocktail party. Oh did i mention that Abri screamed all night and i got no sleep? FML
June 3rd, 2011, 05:45 PM
Courtney it sounds like you need some downtime

June 3rd, 2011, 06:33 PM
So i show up for my clean up shift after the party and no one is there. Our office is in a big building that also has apartments so you have to have a key to get in after hours. No one was in the office parking lot, the doors were locked, and no one answered the office phone. I double checked my shift online from my phone to be sure I had the time and date right and I did. I stayed for about ten minutes to see if anyone would come in or out of the building but no one did. So annoying. I really hope they just got done early and didn't need me.
June 3rd, 2011, 07:36 PM
*Mommie2Timmy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Mommie2Timmy*
Why can't buying a house be drama free? At least it's nothing to do with our stuff, just seems like the market is a flippin mess!!

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

June 3rd, 2011, 08:00 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You sound insanely busy right now Courtney. Yikes.

We accidentally left the spa heater on for3 days. Spa water gets pumped from the pool and spills over in a waterfall. Pool was 90 degrees tonight so we got in. Felt really flipping good but I'm scared of our heating bill. Opps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyShine View Post
We are in the midst of a princess party.
Kill me now.
How did that go? Sounds like it might be fun.

June 4th, 2011, 04:00 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I didn't go to bed until almost 1.
Kolbie woke up at 1:30 and 3:30.
Finally, she got up for the day at 5:30.
I'm not okay with this, not even a little tiny bit.
June 4th, 2011, 05:28 AM
As you all know on Friday nights during the summer I try to have a 'themed' party for Maddie to enjoy. It's usually not really a 'party' but for one or two special things we do. Things like science party, playdoh party, painting party, fishy party, robot party, etc...

Last night was Princess Party. I rented "Enchanted Tales" from Netflix - 2 princess stories from Disney. We dressed up like "princesses" I put maddie in one of her costume dresses she chose, put curlers in her hair, I put on a dress and we watched the movie. I don't know how the hell I raised such a girly girl. I was so anti-princess everything but she's such a little ham it's hard to avoid this phase. Every day at daycare she shows off "Look at my outfit!" to everyone LOL Her way of making friends with strange girl kids "I like your dress!" or something nice about the other person. It's sweet. But wow. For someone who didn't want to know gender to a princess party, yikes. This kid loves to dress up! I know it's age appropriate and these stories in this movie are about the princesses Aurora and Jasmine taking on leadership roles and responsibilities. I've seen it again 2x's this morning.

Whatever makes her happy.

Next week we are going to have a punk rock party LOL

June 4th, 2011, 06:26 AM
It's the same with Lilly. I always thought princess stuff was so lame but low and behold Lilly loves to dress up like a princess and she is so gosh darn cute.

All you that stay up so late, I don't know how you do it. Oliver likes to get up at 5:30. I was passed out by 9 last night. Swimming in our hot pool did me in I think.

June 4th, 2011, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Mommie2Timmy* View Post
Why can't buying a house be drama free? At least it's nothing to do with our stuff, just seems like the market is a flippin mess!!
Getting preapproved for a mortgage was 3 months of hell, I can't imagine how bad the house hunting/buying process is going to be

June 4th, 2011, 12:16 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
A princess party sounds like pure torture to me. Good for you for not letting your own bias influence Maddie though. I think most little girls go through the princess thing at some point. Maybe you'll get lucky and it'll be short lived!

We were having really bad thunderstorms and rain here this morning, so we did a last minute family outing to go see Kung Fu Panda 2. Movie was okay and Aidan was pretty well behaved and sat through the whole thing and really only got a bit fidgety in the last 20 minutes or so. But I actually got to watch the whole movie, so that's something. Good dry run for Car 2 later this month. I can't wait for that one!

June 4th, 2011, 05:40 PM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hit the flea/farmer's market this morning, got some good stuff. Derby practice was awesome last night, I'm getting pretty comfortable skating backwards and switching front to back to front again.

June 4th, 2011, 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyShine View Post
Getting preapproved for a mortgage was 3 months of hell, I can't imagine how bad the house hunting/buying process is going to be

It's not too awful, we just hit a bit of a speed bump and almost lost the house. Turns out the house that the people we are buying from was being sold because the woman who owns it was getting married and moving in with her new hubby... Well apparently they split up and called things off, including her selling her house. This put the people who we were buying from on the skids because all of a sudden they had a buyer for their house, but no house to move to themselves. Not to mention our deal with closing costs was reliant on their deal with their closing costs. This all happened the day we were to go and sign the agreement for price etc. so we had nothing set in stone. Then we don't hear anything definitive for 3 days. So our agent advised us to go ahead and make an offer on the other place in the same neighborhood for $165,000 even tho we didn't love it, it was too good a deal to let go. So we did, only to get the response back that the husband was okay with the deal, but they'd have to check with the wife's attorney - they are selling b/c they are getting divorced. Our agent was warned that things could get messy between them, but not to be discouraged.

Thankfully yesterday we got word from the original place we wanted that they were willing to go ahead with things, but wanted to push closing back to the end of August to allow them time to find a new place and go through everything needed to purchase it... So we agreed to a new date of August 25th for closing, but not a day later, since September is quite busy for us. We also demanded that this all paperwork be signed today, so that if anything else went wrong then we could threaten with legal action. And thanks to our kick A S S agent everything is singed and in good shape even on a saturday!

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

June 5th, 2011, 06:48 AM
Ashley, one of my coworkers just joined a derby team. She broke her leg though pretty bad and is out for the rest of the year. It sounded pretty fun. I also loved the show derby girls that was on what, 5 years ago now on one of the cable shows. Wish they would bring that show back actually.

Yesterday was awesome. It started with running, then I ripped off my clothes and jumped in the pool to swim a few laps. Watched a parade. Then concert in the park at the cherry festival while stuffing our faces with cherrys. Loved it.

Last edited by spicymustard; June 5th, 2011 at 06:50 AM.
June 5th, 2011, 07:58 AM
Yesterday was kind of stressful but went perfectly! The weather wasn't too hot for our Junior League garden tour so I didn't have to rush home to shower before Lily's recital. Lily was so well behaved despite not having her nap. She looked so cute in her costume with her makeup on. Her group was the first ones to go at the recital. I was so worried because she did not dance at the dress rehearsal. She did fantastic though! It was so cute because all the little girls were looking off stage where their teacher was showing them the steps. At one point Lily's friend stopped dancing and realized there were decorations on the stage. She tapped Lily's shoulder and pointed so Lily stopped and looked too. It was so funny! DH dropped the ball and forgot to bring the camera. I did get some shots on my MIL's camera that she needs to email me.

I swear there is nothing cuter than tiny little girls wearing big pink fluffy tutus and trying their best to do ballet!
June 5th, 2011, 06:53 PM
I think they need to creat some sort of husband boot camp!! OMFG!!! After being home with Timmy all day! You think the least Tim could do is entertain and control him while I cleaned up after dinner... But nope sitting in the bedroom watching Ice Road Truckers is more important. so I dealt with Timmy running laps around our island and trying to drag the cat to his room, by his neck So.ready.to.castrate.that.man!

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

June 5th, 2011, 09:12 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Today was very rough here. DH went up to the other house to get some toys and my clothes and the kids were rough. Jacob was exhausted and I know that's why he was misbehaving but I just couldn't control my temper. I yelled and threw a plastic cup into the bathtub. I feel horrible. I apologized to him and he said he forgives me but God who yells at their 3 year old? I feel really bad and I just wanna cry.
June 6th, 2011, 03:51 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Devon, I think a few of us has. It happens. I have done it but then I also tried to gain myself and apologize to him too. If Aiden doesn't get his attention or he is hungry, he will start misbehaving really bad. It sucks.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search