June Just Chat Thread

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2011, 06:32 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Devon don't feel too bad. I've yelled before too. In my rational mind I know it really doesn't accomplish anything, but I just have gotten so frustrated that she keeps doing things that I tell her every day not to do.
June 6th, 2011, 07:04 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Devon~ View Post
I apologized to him and he said he forgives me but God who yells at their 3 year old? I feel really bad and I just wanna cry.
I yell. At least twice a week. It's not the most logical way of dealing with things but when nothing else works, it's the end of the line. They are going to test us, every step of the way. Yelling doesn't always mean losing it - I do try to keep anger out of the picture.

Being a mom we take on a lot of guilt. Situations like this, you just have to let it go. It's going to happen and it's not always a bad thing for kids to see what "enough" is. Especially when you both ended up reacting with compassion and understanding.
June 6th, 2011, 07:26 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I yell daily. Devon, we're in similar situations I think - we're alone, all day with our kids, and when our DH is around he's not always the most helpful. Right? For me, I know it's just DH not seeing there's a problem and I tend to be more "strict" on things. Or rather, I have rules about things and he may not know that for some reason. I tend to lose my **** around 4:30-5 every.single.day. I'm trying to make dinner. Kolbie is climbing up my legs. Kaija is trying to play games with me and have fun. DH is off playing video games or watching baseball completely oblivious to what is going on in the kitchen until I scream. Then he comes in and scoops everyone up and takes them downstairs. I've had plenty of days recently when after everyone is in bed I just cry.

Cyndee nailed it I think. It's definitely not a bad thing for our kids to start understanding what "enough" is. Right now I'm working on expanding my "enough" limit because I find myself snapping over less and less. You both ended with a new level of understanding. Though if Jacob is anything like Kaija he'll remind you over and over about "that time you threw the cup in the bathtub" and make you relive the guilt long after you've all moved on...
June 6th, 2011, 07:43 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Don't feel bad Devon, we all have our limits. I've yelled on several occassions when I felt at the end of my rope. I really don't think it's that awful, especially if you follow it up with an apology and explanation as to why it happened and some hugs and kisses. I've had to explain that mommy just gets frustrated sometimes and that sometimes that makes mommy want to yell. I also tell him it's not necessarily the right way to do it, but mommy's are human too. The guilt is tough though, I know. Even if I show a hint of starting to raise my voice, he'll call me on it and ask me not to yell. Oy.

June 6th, 2011, 07:44 AM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
(((HUGS))) Devon, it happens. When I do it I apologize to Mackenzie for yelling, but then discuss WHY I yelled at her, and what she needs to do differently. It helps me the next time she starts doing it, because I'll tell her that I don't want to end up yelling at her. This makes her stop and remember, and results in better behaviour - from both of us.

June 6th, 2011, 08:28 AM
noworries
Today Eva starts her new "amazing athletes" class. We stopped doing dance class for a while because Eva was getting bored with it and so I signed her up for this amazing athletes class. I hope she loves it. It's only 4 weeks and they explore a bunch of different sports (soccer, baseball, basketball, tennis, etc).
June 6th, 2011, 08:31 AM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
That sounds fun Carrie!
June 6th, 2011, 09:45 AM
That sounds like a fun program Carrie! That is a really great idea for younger kids so they can try a bunch of different things to find what they really like.
June 6th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Cynd... was up with the new name?

Carrie... that sounds a lot like Aidan's "Playball" classes and he loves them. I hope Eva has a great time!

June 6th, 2011, 10:39 AM

there are others in that album where I'm ref'ing the scrimmage. If I look awkward, it's because I'm skating backwards in that shot

June 6th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Nothing really, just wanted a change. I need a new siggy too.
June 6th, 2011, 01:45 PM
noworries
Just got back from Eva's sports class and it was sooooo cute and she loved it. This is so much better than her dance class was. The coach is really great and makes it tons of fun. They did football and hockey today.
June 6th, 2011, 05:51 PM
We're troll hunting in the April 10 PR if anyone wants to play
June 6th, 2011, 06:36 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Ashley is good at that!! Trudy too I think.
June 6th, 2011, 06:40 PM
It is pretty entertaining. She is all over JM with a totally convoluted story
June 6th, 2011, 07:03 PM
*Mommie2Timmy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Mommie2Timmy*
Ohoh oh sounds like fun!!

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

June 6th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Not interested this round. Trolls on mommy boards just seem really sad to me.
June 6th, 2011, 08:45 PM
We're not that good. We're just good a math and her story just doesn't make sense.
June 7th, 2011, 07:06 AM
screen name? you can pm me, or send it to me on FB. Or will it be obvious when I look over there?

oh, and I can't take credit myself for the troll hunting, but I know some ladies who are excellent at it.

June 7th, 2011, 07:12 AM
It's in our private forum. I'll pm you the sn. Beth has said the off-JM HD board is checking her out too. She hasn't said if they've found anything yet though...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search