June Just Chat Thread

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 2nd, 2011, 07:24 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
For those who feel like spitting out random stuff, here you go.

I can't take much more of the waiting game on this mortgage stuff. It's been almost a month since I mailed in a boat load of paperwork. I just want an answer, at this point I'll take a NO so we can plan for the future.

I'm going on a serious ebay rampage and going to clean out my closets, basement, etc. I'm thinking about having my friends teenage daughter come over and offering to pay her $25 for 3 hours of babysitting Maddie while I sort and do listings over the next few weekends. I don't have the guts to do a garage sale. I also want to do a big clean and purge while the weather is nice since I know no matter what, we will have to move come the end of Feb.

June 2nd, 2011, 07:30 AM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Ebay is better than garage sales. People expect low prices at garage sales.

Felissa and I went out last night and had a good time. Pedicures and some good sushi! I got home at 9:30, the kids had been in bed since 8 and the house was a wreck. Why is it that it's impossible for my DH to do any housework? My name is NOT Cinderella. Is it that hard to clean up after dinner? Or put the leftovers of Paiges' dinner into the fridge so that it doesn't go to waste? Ugh.
June 2nd, 2011, 08:17 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Cyndee... I hope you get news soon, I hate waiting and unknowns too.

Devon... I'm super jealous of your night out! I get the frustration with dishes not done. I really can't complain that much about my DH, he's generally pretty good with helping out and doing his share, but when it comes to dishes, he is totally and completely hopeless. It takes a minute to hand wash the couple of plates/bowls from Aidan's meal, yet it'll sit until I do it. Same with any dishes, they just get thrown in the sink and magically they are clean for him the next day.

I'm participating in the Heart & Stroke Big Bike ride again this year with work. I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping to be able to add on a night out with it as well. Maybe a Jays game, I haven't been to one yet this year.

June 2nd, 2011, 08:35 AM
noworries
Gillian, my DH is the same way. He's good about helping around the house but when it comes to dishes, he's impossible.
June 2nd, 2011, 09:00 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
My DH doesn't do dishes either. I hate doing dishes so I procrastinate a bit. Inevitably I end up with a sippy cup of half drunk milk that has turned into cottage cheese. Yuck!
June 2nd, 2011, 09:05 AM
I don't care that he didn't wash them, the sink is full anyway but leaving them on the table is what pisses me off.
June 2nd, 2011, 09:47 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Devon, it's the same here. After dinner I get the girls all ready for bed and DH wanders off to play video games or watch a ball game or something and all the crap is still sitting on the table. We've had multiple discussions about how I HATE HATE HATE getting up in the morning and dinner is still on the table. If I'm giving baths or getting everyone ready for bed, it can't be that dang hard to clear the table.
June 2nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
I really need to be picking up the clutter in my house but I really just want to have a lazy day. Our housecleaner is coming tomorrow after having a month off and the mad dash to pick up the stuff makes me stressed.
June 2nd, 2011, 12:33 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
DH's version of "clearing the table" is moving the dirty dishes, with uneaten food on them, to the nearest kitchen counter. No scraping, no rinsing, not even in the sink. And garbage! Ugh! Anything he opens in the kitchen gets left on the counter. About once a week, he eats these noodles that are basically Korean ramen. He eats two packets at a time and each packets has two small seasoning packets in it. Every flippin' time, there's a trail of 6 pieces of plastic on the counter when he's done.

June 2nd, 2011, 01:39 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When did I become DH's personal secretary? He's always calling me asking me to call someone for him. Every time I try to make a phone call, Liam turns into a howler monkey. I HATE making calls when he's up. If DH can find the time to call me, can't he just make whatever call himself?

June 2nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

My Blog
June 2nd, 2011, 02:41 PM
HI!!! How are you? How is work?
June 2nd, 2011, 03:16 PM
Hey Heather! Let's squeeze in 6pack tonight. It's an easy 15 mins.

June 2nd, 2011, 04:59 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Kolbie bit my knee and broke the skin through my jeans! It hurts!
June 2nd, 2011, 07:45 PM
How has the new job been Heather?

So stressed. I scheduled too much. Lily had casual dance recital run through tonight and then i had to leave half way through to go to my running class. My housecleaner is coming tomorrow morning so we need to pick up more clutter, then dress rehearsal is tomorrow evening. After the girls go to bed, I have to clean up from a junior league cocktail party. Saturday morning I am helping set up for a junior league garden fundraiser, going home to take a quick shower, and then rushing to get Lily to her dance recital in the afternoon. I am looking forward to Sunday.
June 3rd, 2011, 07:55 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm hooked on the Casey Anthony trial. ANyone else?

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

June 3rd, 2011, 08:24 AM
So my period never showed up this week. I'm not sure if I should re-start nuvaring on Sunday or go without it another month. No, I'm not pregnant.

That trial makes me mad, I stopped following it.

Courtney, just reading that stressed me out.

June 3rd, 2011, 09:21 AM
I can't watch that trial. I would be too upset.

Cyndee- I read an article in Marie Claire about NuvaRing having higher incidences of blood clots than other hormonal birth controls. Apparently there are several lawsuits against the manufacturer about to go to trial
June 3rd, 2011, 01:55 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Devon~ View Post
HI!!! How are you? How is work?
Busy Busy.. but good. I am doing good too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyShine View Post
Hey Heather! Let's squeeze in 6pack tonight. It's an easy 15 mins.
I didn't get to. I ended up in the after hours clinic with a UTI last night. Not feeling so hot. I leave town tonight for a family reunion.. but will pick back up next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaMarie! View Post
I'm hooked on the Casey Anthony trial. ANyone else?
I am totally following it. I want to know the moment they fry that little ***** for what she did to that precious child.

My Blog
June 3rd, 2011, 03:18 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My poor dog got into it with a cactus I think. There are spiky things poking out of his face area.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search