Oh no!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 3rd, 2011, 04:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH came home today and told me that his new work hours are 3pm to midnight....starting Monday. I know I sound like a whiner, but knew you guys would understand how much I like having him during those dinner/bath/bedtime hours. Then right after the kids go to bed is our only time we get to spend alone. It's only for like two months...we're moving to DC in mid August. I'm just overwhelmed thinking about my new summer schedule. I had planned the kids' swim lessons and stuff for the evenings so we could take turns taking them. Now I'm back to doing it all, and having to bring the little girls out after bedtime. Oh well...the best laid plans...
June 3rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, that really does suck! I hope the next few months fly by for you.

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
June 3rd, 2011, 04:15 PM
Julka
I would be upset as well, you're not a whino I hope the two months fly by quickly!
June 3rd, 2011, 04:20 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
That totally, TOTALLY sucks. I would be so bummed to lose that extra pair of hands.

I hope you're pleasantly surprised when the time comes! Is there any way you can switch the lessons around a bit to make it a shared task between the 2 of you before he goes to work?
June 3rd, 2011, 04:25 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I don't blame you. I'd be upset too. I really like having DH how during the evening/night time hours.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

June 3rd, 2011, 04:46 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I totally understand, that will suck
June 3rd, 2011, 08:57 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
OMG 2nd shift is THE WORST! I'm sorry hon, thankful it's not for long though! I was happy that Derek got a 3rd shift on his new job... he was actually able to choose between 2nd and 3rd... It's just fair to anyone with a family to have to work 2nd shift!
June 3rd, 2011, 09:21 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess I just feel bad since he is in the military. It could definitely be worse, you know? Some people haven't even seen their husbands in months...

I am not looking forward to these new hours at all though. I hate being home alone with the kids at night...I get all creeped out.
June 4th, 2011, 03:44 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Aww that shift is hard, but you will do great!! Dh has always worked that shift, and it does take a pretty good routine to have it all go smoothly, but you can do it!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
June 4th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm just having a grouchy weekend. It's 103 degrees, and I am missing Connecticut. I made two friends here, and then they both moved away last week, taking all the kids' playmates with them. That's the downside to military housing I guess....people come and go a lot. And now this....I feel an endless amount of lonely summer nights stretching out in front of me. It's two months though. I can do anything for two months I'm sure. DH used to completely leave (out to sea) for two months at a time.

Anyone want to come over for an extra long happy hour??
June 4th, 2011, 07:11 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
(((HUGS)))

I hope you can get a routine that works for you.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search