Log In Sign Up

For the birth junkie in you...


Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
June 7th, 2011, 05:21 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southwest MI
Posts: 11,664
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
This totally made my day!

I bookmarked it for future use...as DH will want to see the link to the actual study!
__________________
Maria

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!


Last edited by blessdmommy; June 7th, 2011 at 05:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
June 7th, 2011, 09:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Andrews AFB, MD
Posts: 15,496
I think it will really hard to find a doctor or midwife to go along with that. It is really too bad though. Several of my friends haven't even been able to find doctors who will do VBACs after just one c-section.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
June 8th, 2011, 05:41 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southwest MI
Posts: 11,664
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by clouise View Post
I think it will really hard to find a doctor or midwife to go along with that. It is really too bad though. Several of my friends haven't even been able to find doctors who will do VBACs after just one c-section.
Probably..but there is always intervention refusal and homebirth! And with the ACOG's new VBAC guidelines...who knows how obstetrics have changed since July 2010. I know that my local hospital had a De Facto Ban on VBACS and that there are 2-3 OBs who've been known to do VBACS.
__________________
Maria

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!


Last edited by blessdmommy; June 8th, 2011 at 05:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
June 8th, 2011, 07:23 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,037
I think the important thing is that this will slowly start to change things across the country. Yes a lot of doctors are still refusing to do VBACs, but a lot of them are going for it. It's not something that's going to change overnight, and people wanting to VBAC right now are going to have to fight a little bit and search for the right doctor. But in 10 years? 20? I bet we see a big difference in what is considered acceptable risk.
__________________



2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
Reply With Quote
  #5  
June 8th, 2011, 09:33 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southwest MI
Posts: 11,664
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarmagic View Post
I think the important thing is that this will slowly start to change things across the country. Yes a lot of doctors are still refusing to do VBACs, but a lot of them are going for it. It's not something that's going to change overnight, and people wanting to VBAC right now are going to have to fight a little bit and search for the right doctor. But in 10 years? 20? I bet we see a big difference in what is considered acceptable risk.
Exactly!!!

I'm sure people were skeptical of the appendectomy when it was first introduced into medical science...It'll take time for this new information to catch up with the current medical care community, but when it does, Wow! I can't wait to see that 32% Cesarean rate DROP!
__________________
Maria

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

Reply With Quote
  #6  
June 8th, 2011, 10:01 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,037
Quote:
Originally Posted by blessdmommy View Post
Exactly!!!

I'm sure people were skeptical of the appendectomy when it was first introduced into medical science...It'll take time for this new information to catch up with the current medical care community, but when it does, Wow! I can't wait to see that 32% Cesarean rate DROP!
Well I think it's going to take a lot more to get that rate to drop more than a bit. Yes, some of those are repeat sections. But a lot of those are c-sections due to failed inductions, which are sadly very common. Whenever my friends end up with an induction I'm always just waiting and hoping that it actually goes well. My hospital actually recently enacted a rule that there are to be no inductions before 39 weeks except in medical necessity. My friend's doctor recently was talking induction with her but told her flat out he couldn't do anything before 39 weeks per the hospital. I bet they see some good results from that, both in the health of babies and in a lower c-section rate!
__________________



2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
Reply With Quote
  #7  
June 8th, 2011, 10:17 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southwest MI
Posts: 11,664
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by lunarmagic View Post
Well I think it's going to take a lot more to get that rate to drop more than a bit. Yes, some of those are repeat sections. But a lot of those are c-sections due to failed inductions, which are sadly very common. Whenever my friends end up with an induction I'm always just waiting and hoping that it actually goes well. My hospital actually recently enacted a rule that there are to be no inductions before 39 weeks except in medical necessity. My friend's doctor recently was talking induction with her but told her flat out he couldn't do anything before 39 weeks per the hospital. I bet they see some good results from that, both in the health of babies and in a lower c-section rate!
That's so great! I've had a few friends be induced and end up with a cesarean. DH's cousin just had a baby less than 2 weeks ago and that's what happened to her. All the hospital protocol, policies, interventions ect really make me nervous about getting pregnant again. I had nightmares and panic attacks after Ben was born (started by the time he was 3 months, ended just after he turned 1). I DO NOT want to go through that again.
__________________
Maria

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:10 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0