What's going on?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
What's going on in your life lately?

We are house hunting and had a big reality check when we found out the private mortgage insurance on all FHA loans with under 20% to put down, it's about $200 a month or 1%. This bumps us down about 20-30k in price range so we have to rethink our entire strategy and consider town homes, but then HOA fee's knock you on your ***. So now we are sacrificing location and driving around checking out areas to consider. It's depressing, stressful, draining, and just pure hell. USDA financing puts out in BFE as well so it's an arm or a leg you lose, you choose. Ugh.

June 14th, 2011, 05:33 PM
.Michelle.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh yeah, I forgot about Mortgage Insurance if you don't have 20% down. We paid that on our first house. It sucks because the money goes no where, like it doesn't go towards your loan or anything so you are basically throwing it away. Buying a house is a big commitment. Would it be better if you tried to save up the 20% for awhile so you don't have to settle for something you aren't completely happy with? I know that is a lot to try and save though. Town houses aren't bad at all. Maybe you can find a place where the HOA isn't that high. It would be less maintenance than a house too.

For us we have Zane's surgery in the morning to remove the seed out of his ear. Should be pretty quick but I still worry about the anesthesia. :-(

June 14th, 2011, 06:06 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I spoke with my Dad today and he's been pretty sick lately, pretty much since his trip to Jamaica in April. His doctor thinks he may be suffering from depression and has him on some new anti-psychotic/anti-depressant that is making him feel horrible. He's stopping that now and they're going to reassess. I think I have him convinced to see a psychiatrist first to try to confirm a depression diagnosis and if so, try different meds. If it's not that, then the physical symptoms he's having we'll need to be evaluated and treated. He sounded so down, defeated and miserable. I don't think I can recall a time he has seemed so vulnerable. It has be totally stressed out.

June 14th, 2011, 06:46 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Depressing, guys!

Walter has a touch of an ear infection. He was up 3 times last night moaning and rolling around with what we thought were maybe night terrors. This morning I asked him why he slept badly and ge said he had an earache. He was normal all day but each time I asked him about it he said it still hurt a little bit, so I decided to take him n considering last night. Sure enough, his first ear infection
June 14th, 2011, 07:51 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Not much here. We're pretty boring. Lily had a great time at the splash pad yesterday. It cost $1 a person to be there as long as we wanted. So worth it.
June 14th, 2011, 08:39 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Pretty low key right now here too. We FINALLY got our tax refund this week. We had to file DH as an "injured spouse" because I had a student loan in default that I honestly didn't even know about... Ugh. (it's fixed now so it won't happen again next year!) So we've been paying some bills and getting a few things. I ordered my new Nook today Happy Birthday to me! And we decided to go ahead and get Kaija a new bike. We got her a 14" with training wheels and she did so awesome on it! We need to come up with a new potty training reward now though. We decided to get it because she's always wanting to go on bike rides and she's just too tall for her little tricycle. I had a Dr. appointment today just for a general check up. We talked about how I need to start finding time for myself, which is very true. I've got orders for blood work to check my thyroid to be sure it's working properly. And I got a referral to a therapist just so I can have someone to vent and talk to that is a neutral 3rd party. I think that will be good, really. Also, Kaija starts swim lessons in 2 weeks! I can't wait!
June 14th, 2011, 11:53 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hugs to you dealing with all the stressful stuff!

we are going to NJ next wednesday - i'm stressing out about about flying by myself with 2 kids! i know it'll work out, but it's a little overwhelming to think about. other than that just settling into our new place. we've been here for nearly a month but haven't fully unpacked yet

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
June 15th, 2011, 06:18 AM
*Mommie2Timmy*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to *Mommie2Timmy*
Wow HOA fees in NJ are so expensive! I don't think ours are even half of that! Hope you can find something you like!!

We are just waiting to hear back on the formal mortgage application, Tim refuses to relax about it and is still driving me batty!! Even though we were preapproved and our mortgage broker reassured us that everything looked great and we shouldn't have a problem! So as soon as we hear back I will start to get things ready to pack and start pack by the end of the month.

Other than that just working on Wedding plans and trying to find a job. I am waiting on a letter of recommendation from my supervisor and then I will be sending out about 20 applications. We shall see...

Oh and Timmy Is doing just fine from his tooth extraction last week... So much so that he was eating corn on the cob this past weekend. He never once complained that it hurt him nor did it effect his appetite beyond this first afternoon where I was being overly cautious and just giving him popsicles and ice cream! He did hit his mouth at the sitters the other day, and gave himself a nice fat lip. My sitter was worried he had dislodged one of the clots. Thankfully I had a drs appointment that afternoon anyways and had her check it out real quickly to make sure it was okay... and it was. She said everything looked great and the clots (Scabs) were still intact. So far so good! He seems to be over the whole ordeal!! Thank God!!

see, no problem! He actually ate two whole ears!

Laura ~ Tim ~ Timmy

June 15th, 2011, 06:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Not much. Kyron is big into baseball, like every summer. Porter is doing home summer school. I'm going to see if I can get him into 2nd grade next year instead of 1st. Donovan is becoming independent and obstinate, but just typical 3 year old stuff. David is crazy busy with school, but enjoying it. Me, I'm just sitting around growing a baby.

My Ovulation Chart

June 15th, 2011, 08:52 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could help everyone who is going through a hard time.

For us..nothing new really. Working alot and getting a little stressed out.. but it's not so bad. The pay is horrible, but we are making it. I started on a special diet last week (not weight loss.. but a health issue diet) to start detoxing my body and sticking to my restrictions for celiac disease. I am trying to get my body as healthy as possible because we will be TTC one last time when September gets here through the end of the year... then we are done for good. Meghan is doing great in school and enjoying the hot weather activities. She loves swimming, gardening and playing in the sprinkler.

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search