Week 4 update

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 17th, 2011, 02:46 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
WEEK 4 - What a week.

Weight Lost this week: 1.5 lbs
Total Lost: 16.5 lbs

So, as you can see, I only lost 1.5 lbs this week. I knew it would happen b/c I was so nervous about this week to begin with. We went up to my moms for a week - which is obviously the place where all of my bad eating habits began and for some reason we always pig out when we are up there. My mom was supportive, but there were still PLENTY of opportunity for cheating and temptation.

Thursday - drive up, fast food for the family's dinner - DIDN'T CHEAT
Friday - good all day, cocktails at a friend's in the PM - ONE DRINK (cheat, but only a little)
Saturday - BBQ @ family's complete with burgers, dogs, chips, ice cream, dip, etc etc...but they also had low fat chicken/veggie kabobs and a veggie platter so I was ok.
Sunday - Good all day, but cooked dinner for family friends who came down. Spinach/Feta stuffed chicken, asparagus, a salad...all ok, but with a little too much EVOO (I"m really not allowed very much at all). BUT - I also made some incredible smelling GARLIC BREAD and CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES from scratch that I didn't even touch. That was SOOOO hard. And they brought ice cream. UGH.
Monday - Did great
Tuesday - Did great, but didn't lose any weight
Wednesday - good all day, went out for pizza and indulged that night on a spinach, tomato, and garlic pie. It was so good, and I planned to cheat that night so I knew it wouldn't knock me completely off course (I usually throw in the towel after a big cheat like that and just give up). Put me up 2 lbs on the scale though.

So, just to give you an idea of everything I avoided this week that was right under my nose:

fast food
wine
hamburgers/hot dogs
chips
soda
ice cream (going out for it and having a whole container in the freezer all week)
Fresh chocolate chip cookies
donut holes (Keller loves these at my moms, there is a bakery there)
Garlic Bread

Things I cheated on
1 drink - a gin/tonic
Pizza

So, moving forward. On track today and just finished the C25K Week 1 Day 1. I'm hoping for a big week this week, but I have to get through a wedding tomorrow for friends (NO KIDS and we are spending the night so I was planning on cheating and drinking, but now having lost not much weight I'm not so sure).

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
June 17th, 2011, 06:32 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Way to go, that's great given all the temptations you have had.

Keep up the good work. The C25K is how I got into running and now I (mostly) love it!
June 17th, 2011, 09:11 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great job avoiding all those temptations!!! You are doing amazing!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search