Thought you might like to know...

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 1st, 2011, 06:33 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
I had posted in the flower pot a while back, ranting about my cesarean experience with Ben and the psychological drama afterward.

I sent DH the new ACOG VBAC Guidelines and through the university he was able to read the entire 14 page document. Sorry, I can't share...it's copyrighted.

I called the L&D floor this AM and asked if they had a VBAC Ban...the nurse said, "No!"
I asked if OBs there "do" VBACS she said, "Yes!"
I asked if the OBs are aware of the new ACOG Guidelines and she said, "Yes!" Woot!

So, then I called a Doula I had emailed the other day asking about her experience with Clients seeking a VBAC. She said that one thing she liked about our local hospital was that they "do" VBACS! So I asked her if there was a ban, if OBs "do VBACS and she confirmed what the nurse had said. I also asked about multiple cesareans, she said she hasn't had any clients who've had more than one. So then I asked about telementary monitoring (because being that I want a VBAC I'll have to be on continuous monitoring - She said they offer it and you can walk and use the tub! Yay! THE TUB! I'm really excited....is it April yet?!

Now, all I have to do is find a supportive OB. So, I've got about 11 phone calls to make! lol I looked at our insurance and they only cover the OBs at the office I went to with my pregnancy with Ben. I am not going to discount my current OB, but I still want to call everyone and have a phone interview type thing. Hopefully nobody will be flaky or call me small...I hate being called small!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

August 1st, 2011, 07:43 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
YAY!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you !!

BTW:

I think it is sooo odd that I had my pain med free Vaginal birth and am REALLY looking forward to having a c section, and you are fighting so hard for a vaginal birth.

August 2nd, 2011, 11:16 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Good luck!!
August 2nd, 2011, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OurSweetLabs View Post
YAY!!!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you !!

BTW:

I think it is sooo odd that I had my pain med free Vaginal birth and am REALLY looking forward to having a c section, and you are fighting so hard for a vaginal birth.
Oh, I didn't realize you were having a cesarean. I wish you all the best with recovery and your experience. Ben's wasn't bad or anything, I just think that I wanted a VBAC so badly that I felt like I'd failed or something.

August 3rd, 2011, 07:21 PM
Julka
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...shes-here.html

Thought this (first post) might be encouraging to you
August 5th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Thanks, Julia!!!

August 7th, 2011, 05:18 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
That's great Maria!! I know it means a lot to you!!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
August 8th, 2011, 07:56 AM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
That is great news Maria.

But if i could just offer some friendly advice. Ive saw you go through your pregnancy with Ben, and you were very obsessed with getting a VBAC, that i feel like that is all you talked about. I just want you to enjoy your pregnancy, and not feel like if you dont get a vbac, or do get a vbac, that it makes a difference.

While i can completely understand the want for a VBAC, as i went for it myself. I can also say that i wouldnt have cared one way or another if i actually go it. I did have a very "go with the flow" attitude about it, and i think that actually helped me when the time came.

My advice, is find a doctor who will not make you schedule a repeat csection ( even a just in case one) That should always be your LAST RESORT. I would schedule an induction before i would schedule a repeat section, and i wold only schedule that AFTER 40 weeks. No need to rush something that shouldnt be rushed.

Hope im not out of line.
August 8th, 2011, 04:43 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Good luck, Maria. I hope you can find a supportive OB so you can put your worrying about a VBAC to rest for a while

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
August 8th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream2bemommy22 View Post
That is great news Maria.

But if i could just offer some friendly advice. Ive saw you go through your pregnancy with Ben, and you were very obsessed with getting a VBAC, that i feel like that is all you talked about. I just want you to enjoy your pregnancy, and not feel like if you dont get a vbac, or do get a vbac, that it makes a difference.

While i can completely understand the want for a VBAC, as i went for it myself. I can also say that i wouldnt have cared one way or another if i actually go it. I did have a very "go with the flow" attitude about it, and i think that actually helped me when the time came.

My advice, is find a doctor who will not make you schedule a repeat csection ( even a just in case one) That should always be your LAST RESORT. I would schedule an induction before i would schedule a repeat section, and i wold only schedule that AFTER 40 weeks. No need to rush something that shouldnt be rushed.

Hope im not out of line.
No you're not out of line. I understand where you're coming from, more now that I'm pregnant than I did before hand. My worry right now is finding the supportive provider, because I know that just because the ACOG says it's a good idea for a woman with a history of 2 cesareans should be given the option for "trial of labor"..doesn't mean that OBs are going to take that recommendation and run with it. I think once I have a supportive provider, I'll feel better. As for another cesarean, if it happens, it happens. BUT I will do everything in my power for it not to happen! I don't want it to be this kind of thing that is resorted to because someone (namely my OB) gets scared or nervous or whatever. Surgery should be a last resort (as you said), the ends to a dangerous situation. Not just because I'm 40w3d pregnant and "not progressing." I'm not sure if I could even find an OB who'd induce me...it's risky but CAN be done...but some OBs just don't like the liability issue.

I appreciate your concern/advice. I feel like I'm much more at ease about everything now...then before. I can only do whatever I can do to prevent having another cesarean, and if something leads to me the OR for some other reason...out of my control...well then....sharpen the scalpel!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search