Have any of you experienced this....

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 19th, 2011, 06:49 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sure you have seen my posts on Facebook, but I'm at a loss, and I just feel like a horrible mother.

I've had to begin taking Leah to a babysitter. The first week she went one day of the week, then we skipped a week because Leah had a cough. Last week she went one day and this week, she has gone two days. Each day I leave her, Leah is having a harder and harder time adjusting.

As you know, Leah is my only child. So far, we have had grandmas babysit while we work, and my sister. Well, my job told me that I now have to work all five days of the week, versus the four and a half that allowed me to be home on Fridays. She has never really had opportunities to socialize with kids without me around, until now. She is clingy, hysterical when I leave, will not play with the kids when I am gone, whines for me, and all out, does not want to go. Pam, the babysitter, watched me when I was a kid, so I trust her, and I know her house is safe. I try asking Leah what is going on, and she just says "I don't want to go to Pam's. No reason, just that she does not want to go.

What can I do? The mommy-guilt is over-powering, and I just want to take her home, and not take her anymore. I found myself getting frustrated this morning at her, which I know is not the correct response. She is supposed to start preschool the 30th, and she is telling me she does not want to do that either. She loves kids, and normally wants to play with them all the time. I don't want her to be uncomfortable. BTDT moms, have you experienced this? How long will this go on??

August 19th, 2011, 08:35 AM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
I have no experience nor advice

I do know that Stone was nervous about school until we went to the parent teacher conference and he got to see all the stuff there and he met a friend. He cried when we had to leave. Now he cant wait to start.

Since you've already tried talking to her about the babysitter, Im not sure what else you can do. Maybe you can do something fun on the weekends, like a reward or something? I dunno.. I sure hope someone can give you some advice.

Much wubbies!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
August 19th, 2011, 09:04 AM
ACJmomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kaitlynn just started preschool last week and they told us it is normal for it to take 3 weeks to a month for most 3 year olds to adjust, and that is going 5 days a week so with her only going a day or two a week it will probably take a little longer.
they also told us that it is very important for you to act excited about it and talk it up as a great thing, they can sense when you feel guilty or sad about it and that makes them more nervous. like when she says she doesn't want to go etc just make sure that you tell her it will be so much fun and she will make lots of friends etc. don't tell her you are sorry or explain to her why she has to go (so you can work etc)

I would just give her a little more time and she will come around, it is a new and nerve wracking experience for her but I think she will feel better about it in no time, and when it comes time for her to start preschool hopefully she will have a much easier time

August 19th, 2011, 09:22 AM
The Katieann's Avatar Jedi Dropout :(
Alex started last November. He would scream and scream when I left. He got beter by the week before christmas break. Then after Christmas break it started all again. He got much better once I let him bring his bear and laney (blanket). He loves it now and is excited to go everyday.

Thank you sooo much tasha_mae for my siggy!
August 19th, 2011, 12:16 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope with time she improves. I have heard that it does. I know I am guilty of telling her I am sorry for leaving her there, and even got frustrated with her. I will keep trying to "talk it up". Thanks, ladies.

August 19th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I suck at reading replies when I really just wanna answer the OP's question. LOL So if this has been said, ignore me.

I used to work daycare and honestly the best thing is just to continue having her go. The more frequently in a week you can take her, the quicker she'll adjust.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
August 19th, 2011, 07:17 PM
suusssannn's Avatar funky monkey
No advice, but my almost 2 year cried the entire 2 hours 2 separate times I've have to drop him off at day care. (((hugs))) I hope she'll get used to it and be happy at day care. Maybe letting her buy a special "take to daycare toy" would help? Really, no real advice- just a throw it out there, came to my mind just now 'advice' ...my kids are at home mostly.

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy!

September 2nd, 2011, 08:53 AM
The Rikki-Lee's Avatar Super Mommy
Talon goes to a home daycare and has been going for nearly 2 years now. For probably the 10 months I left him, he would whinge and cry for me but eventually just got better and better. Once I got to work I would call the lady and she would say he was fine a few mins after I left. I think just continuing to take her would get her used of it, and eventually it will just be a normal thing. Good luck

Thank you kyleighsmom2008 for my siggie
September 2nd, 2011, 06:54 PM
Dan's wife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How did she do starting preschool?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search