It's been a while....

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2011, 12:57 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How is everyone doing?
September 9th, 2011, 03:05 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Well, I feel like Fatty Fatty Two By Four.

I lost my baby weight. I fluctuate between 130 and 135. I wanted to be 125 on my 30th birthday, two weeks ago, and I wasn't. I didn't even break 130.

I still have two pairs of shorts I can't wear. My belly looks like a sad smiley face (well, my bellybutton does. Maybe it's just mirroring the expression on my face when I see myself naked.) I am also pretty cellulite-y on the thighs, which stinks.

I know in the grand scheme of things I am just dandy, I wear a size M or a 6-8 most of the time. I'm pretty average. I have a space between my legs, and in most clothing my belly doesn't hang over. A pair of Spanx does do wonders for me, though.

Since i wore a bikini in Vegas last month I've been worrying that I looked hideous, that people were grossed out, and that I shouldn't have done it. Isn't that dumb? That's so dumb.

I just don't feel like I look very good, even though I'm doing about 200 crunches a day, and just started running (which is very mysterious, given that I. Hate. Running. with a deep and fiery passion.) I just got a new gym pass, and to be fair, my arms look awesome from hauling around two kids.

I dunno. I guess I thought I'd look better by the time I was 7 months pp, by the time I was 30, by the time the summer was over, by the time the moon was in the seventh house, etc., and I don't. Kind of stinks.
September 9th, 2011, 04:55 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw your pictures though Jill and you look amazing!!!

I am at a stand still!-breastfeeding has been my biggest challenge while trying to lose weight. If I eat the amount of calories to lose weight I am so hungry and my supply drops. Some days I'm not as hungry but I only maintain my weight. I am hoping that in the next few weeks I figure out how to do both-feed the baby and lose weight.
September 10th, 2011, 05:06 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I am hoping my standstill ends this week! I gained 5 POUNDS in 4 days on vacation in August! LOL. So I have lost that now, and I am still hovering at about 42 lbs down total. Which is great! But its been that number for about a month - there are just too many fun things to do in the summer! haha

So I am hoping this week I really get back on the wagon hardcore, I have about 30 more lbs to lose, and I want to lost 14 more by Isla's bday part on Oct 15th

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
September 11th, 2011, 07:18 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've been struggling a lot but am hopeuflly in the process of getting back on track. I got back up to 147 (from my lowest of 133) and hate it! I am doing a cleanse right now and am down about 5 pounds so far and about halfway though the program. I'm hoping I can keep off what I end up losing.

I have started running again, training for a 10k and feeling okay about it. I would feel more confident running without the extra pounds I am carrying but hopefully running will help with that too!
September 12th, 2011, 02:17 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyToCooper View Post
I would feel more confident running without the extra pounds I am carrying but hopefully running will help with that too!

I totally agree - HATE feeling my butt bouncing around when I'm running. Ugh.
September 12th, 2011, 05:38 PM
Mama Theo's Avatar Supermom Extrordinare
I'm trying to get back on track. DH just cut out carbs and lost 14 lbs in about a month and a half. I told him I better get my butt in gear because I'm supposed to be the hot one, lol! Up until a few weeks ago, I've been really good about what I eat, etc, but I fell off the wagon and have been struggling to get back on track. We're having family pictures done in a month, and although I know it's unrealistic to think I'll hit my ideal number by then, my goal is to get to where I'm feeling like I'm heading in the right direction.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search