Anyone think they will NOT find out the gender?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2011, 03:10 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I brought this up to DH yesterday. I mean, i have a boy and i have a girl, so the thrill of will i wont i get the opposite gender is gone. Im totally happy either way. I told him that we have to buy ALL NEW STUFF anyways, since i just got rid of everything last winter. I know as i get closer ill be dying to know, but i just think it would be so cool to wait and see in the delivery room.

Anyone else thinking about it?
September 17th, 2011, 05:56 PM
Julka
We found out There is just not a lot of gender-neutral clothing around here, and everything that is, well most of it is ugly. I am STILL buying all the expensive gear in gender-neutral colours because I am paranoid, but as far as clothing goes, I am very gender-specific... Also, we got a TON of clothing from DH's cousin's boy who was born at the exact time our boy is due, and they gave us lots of clothing which took me a few days just to organize, and I didn't wanna do that with a newborn around... it's just easier knowing!!

But I think if you have the patience to wait, go for it! For me, the surprise of finding out at the big ultrasound is no less than finding out at birth.
September 17th, 2011, 05:58 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I toyed with the idea, but like Julia, there is just next to nothing around here available that's neutral for clothes, even less I actually LIKE...and I don't really want to have to go clothes shopping in the first month of baby's life.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
September 17th, 2011, 06:20 PM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by quietsong View Post
I toyed with the idea, but like Julia, there is just next to nothing around here available that's neutral for clothes, even less I actually LIKE...and I don't really want to have to go clothes shopping in the first month of baby's life.
This was my thought too. Even though I would really like NOT to find out, finding out was something DH really wanted!

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

September 17th, 2011, 06:48 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
i dont know, i think i could handle a few yellow onsies and yellow sleepers ( or maybe just buy one or two or each gender) to get me through the first few days. ill be in florida at the beginning of summer, i cant imagine my baby wearing too any clothes, lol

i doubt ill be getting a shower, so its on me to buy it, and really for some reason, its just not bothering me right now. We will see how i change my mind or not later one, lol
September 17th, 2011, 07:33 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be finding out for sure, as a lot hinges on it, lol. Like the big argument about the name.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
September 18th, 2011, 08:11 AM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
We found out. Wtih David I was team Green, but the first place they put the ultrasound want showed us the gender.

I had so many ultrasound that I didn't even try this time.

September 19th, 2011, 04:30 PM
MyBabyBear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't know that I could ever actually wait till delivery but I think that would be awesome. GL

My beautiful siggy was made by (Heather) Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* - thank you!

September 20th, 2011, 08:00 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Yes do it!!! If I were to have a 3rd, since I have one of each, I would not find out!

I don't think I could do it if I had two of the same already, I would want to know for buying stuff, but in our case it would be the coolest surprise!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
September 20th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Ha - ahem...well, I've waited all three times now!

Since I've never hoped for one gender over the other, that part has never been an issue for me; making me want to know sooner, I mean. Of course I'm so excited to know, but...I just love hearing the chorus of (so far) "It's a boy!" by the doc, nurses, and DH after all my labor and hard work. It works for us!

Plus my babies outgrew their gender neutral clothes so fast that the clothes part doesn't bother me either. They are just clothes. ...And I know that if this one does turn out to be a girl (DH thinks so...I still lean toward boy) I'm pretty sure my mom and MIL will go nuts with girl clothes for me. I won't have to step into a store at all unless I want to.

Good luck deciding!!
September 20th, 2011, 05:07 PM
curlesue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We didn't find out with Ben and it was pretty exciting when the doctor announced it in the delivery room with DH and my mom present...

...that being said, for this time around I definitely want to find out. DH still wants the surprise... not sure what we'll do yet.

We have a lot of gender neutral clothes that I saved with Ben (since we didn't find out with him)... I dont mind yellow or greens ;D

September 22nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
We will NOT find out, we'll be all team green next time. I already have enough baby clothes that are neutral enough to last the first week, and hopefully I'll be as quickly out and about as I was with Birk, I went to the mall when he was 3 days old.

I don't know if I'll have anymore than 1 more kid, so since I knew with Birk, I want to try without knowing

« OMG | 2008 Playroom | Wendy »
Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search