Heartbeat!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 27th, 2011, 03:45 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 10 week appointment was today, very low-key. Got my flu shot, chatted a bit with the midwife, then she tried the doppler. I told her it wouldn't work. Never works before 12 weeks. Well this one is higher... found it almost right away! Sweet!

I'm also already feeling the little booger move in there, at night when I lay down and am still. Jeez.

I think this is going to be a very low-key pregnancy. Not doing the NT scan, just doing the level II ultrasound at 18 weeks and finding out what it is, and then I don't really want any ultrasounds or NSTs in the third tri unless I have some big issue come up. Last time the NSTs just irritated and stressed me out, the opposite of what they were supposed to do!

It's weird being relaxed during pregnancy.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
October 27th, 2011, 03:54 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
I hear ya on the being relaxed. I think having a "surprise" pregnancy really makes the difference from the start. Aside from my bleeding in the beginning, i have not had any panic episodes like i did with the other two, and my anxiety about pregnancy is at an all time low!!

Im glad you had a good appt. I had a really high uterus with charlie, he ended up jammed in my ribs at 27 weeks and stayed there, hopefully that isnt the case for you!!
October 27th, 2011, 07:05 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
I think skipping the NSTs is an awesome idea this time around, I know they bugged you with Kate. I'm glad for the extra ultrasounds I'm getting, but if I'd been offered, I would've declined NSTs... They are just too much of a pain in the butt, and IMO, I can accomplish enough monitoring like that with kick counts.

(Which reminds me, you totally need to message me or something with the good way to do those, I know I should be starting here fairly soon!)

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
October 27th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Wonderful news! Congrats and enjoy!
October 27th, 2011, 08:40 PM
KandA0418's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats again!! Thats awesome they heard the heartbeat on the doppler so early!!!! I can't wait to find out what your carrying inside <3

[/URL]
October 28th, 2011, 07:13 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Yay for a happy appt.!!
October 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so happy that you heard the heartbeat!! I am hoping that you guys all have stress free pregnancies...

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search