Another little win... we have a plan.

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 7th, 2011, 12:18 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well the low progesterone is improving dramatically. Good stuff. And DH and I have finalized the plan. We will try until February.. then it is over, for good. But before we throw in the towel, we will be doing one round of IUI in February. I have tried to get my hopes up, but I can't. They just don't work anymore.. but that is ok. I will be positive that no matter what, I gave it my all.

DH and I go in for genetic testing.. some sort of parental chromosomal testing to make sure that all the miscarriages aren't due to our genetics being opposite of each other. I know there is a scientific word for it, but I am drawing a blank right now. We do this next week.

So, maybe with the testing ruling out anything, the progesterone supplements and the blood thinners counteracting my blood clotting during pregnancy, we might have a chance.

The good news.......... my OB/GYN does IUI's in house. Meaning I don't have to go back to that dreaded fertility clinic. And maybe some of it might be covered by insurance. I found this out today.. and am happy about her doing it herself. I love my new OB/GYN.

Anyway... that is where we are right now. I am looking forward to March.. either as a very happy pregnant woman, or as a person that can make plans and not have to worry about the what ifs anymore. I am ready to be off of this roller coaster for good.

My Blog
November 7th, 2011, 12:50 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds like a great plan!
i reeeeaaaally hope you get pregnant...like right away!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
November 7th, 2011, 02:47 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Good luck! I think it's a great plan and will provide a happy end either way.

I feel you on needing closure. For now I'm in a 2 year hold no matter what, since Depo take about 8-10 months to even become fertile again. I am kind of happy to not have it hanging over my head and just be done with for now.

November 7th, 2011, 03:02 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Sounds like a wonderful plan!!
November 8th, 2011, 08:28 AM
Thanks ladies. Its nice to know after this long bumpy road, I still have support here.

My Blog
November 9th, 2011, 06:17 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Sounds like you have a really good plan in place! I think one of the most important things you can do for yourself when you're struggling with fertility and/or undergoing treatment is to set limits for yourself before you really get into it because once you do, it can become very compulsive and not always easy to know when enough is enough when you're in the thick of it.

I really really hope that the changes that have been made are enough to make the difference for you guys and that we hear some happy news from you by February. Good luck!!!

November 11th, 2011, 11:45 AM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I swear I already replied to this, but oh well.

It sounds like you've got a solid plan in place and I truly hope with the steps you've got planned that you'll have great news to share with us in the next few months.

November 11th, 2011, 11:48 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Do you need to borrow my "lucky bed" when you come to town?
November 11th, 2011, 11:51 AM

My Blog
November 11th, 2011, 01:01 PM
GirliMumi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That sounds like a great plan Heather! I truly hope you have good news by February, you deserve it!!! Hang in there Mama
November 13th, 2011, 06:12 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
I am wishing Ancona hoping with everything in me that you are pregnant soon. If not, I know you'll find peace with some closure.
November 14th, 2011, 10:31 AM
noworries
Sounds like a good plan. Hoping to hear baby news from you soon but if not, I'm glad that you have a plan in place that will let you move on without thinking of all the what-ifs.
December 1st, 2011, 08:44 PM
Iluvmybabies*'s Avatar Proud Mama to 5 girls
Send a message via MSN to Iluvmybabies*
I am sooo happy you have a plan I will be praying good things come in the form of a baby or closure(preferably a baby)
5 time HG survivor , AP Mama to 5 GIRLS
Karrara 9 1/2 01/11/05, Kaiah 8 07/1/06, Kayda 6 1/2 01/12/08
Katara 2 1/2 02/10/12, Korra 9mo 10/10/13

December 1st, 2011, 09:34 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
So great to hear an update from you Heather, I am praying that you get pregnant and have a healthy pregnancy before March...you sound like you have a great plan in place, I wish I could set a limit like that but I truly cannot...but while we have similar situations, I know you've had losses and I can completely understand why you wouldn't want to keep going through that.

Its beyond an emotional roller coaster 2 weeks out of every month, trying to conceive, then waiting those long 2 weeks to either be bummed and depressed or joyous over good news...it seems like a never ending battle, I hope we both have much to celebrate soon, if we're not pregnant by March we're going for an IUI as well...and our OBGYN does them too, love that, I hate going to the fertility center!

December 5th, 2011, 11:08 AM
Jo, I think my age really helps me set that limit. It isn't easy, but it is necessary.
Best of luck to you as well. I hope you get that positive very soon.

My Blog
December 14th, 2011, 06:01 AM
WineKeepsMeSane's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
How'd the genetic testing go? Do you have results yet?

December 14th, 2011, 07:20 AM
Mine came back awhile back.. and it came back fine. Mikes got lost in the system.. but we finally received his on Tuesday and it was fine too. We are normal humans!

I guess we are at the end of the testing sheet. They don't have anything else to test for. Thank God! lol

My Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search