Mom's of Girlies

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Captain Pieffle
Does she have her ears pierced?
What age did you have them done?

Brooke has been asking to have her ears pierced....but I dunno.....

Thanks to leecat for making my Awesome siggy!
November 13th, 2011, 03:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Both my girls have the ears pierced, we got them done when Hannah was 3 months old and Mackenzie was 4 months old

November 13th, 2011, 05:33 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I got Kayley's pierced when she was 1 1/2. She didn't forgive me for WEEKS! We were allowed to change them for the first time on Christmas Day that year... Nope she didn't let me... for a YEAR!! LOL She's just now getting to where she'll let me change them semi-frequently.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
November 13th, 2011, 01:03 PM
Captain Pieffle
I dunno some days I ask her and she says "yes mommy I want earrings" other days she says "No mommy, it'll hurt me" I don't like where she's so back and forth...if she was yes I want them every day...then I think I could do it...I don't want her mad at me for weeks! lol

November 13th, 2011, 01:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Jess was in 1st grade and she had been asking me to get them pierced so I let her...

November 13th, 2011, 02:47 PM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
Does she have her ears pierced? Nope
What age did you have them done? N/A

Tenli has asked a couple of times too. I have told her she can get them pierced if she wants, but it is going to feel like a shot in each ear. Everytime I tell her that, she says, "Nevermind, I don't like shots."

November 13th, 2011, 04:50 PM
~*Amy*~'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yup, we got Rowan's done when she was 2ish. We went to get Hannah's done, and Hannah chickened out, so Rowan said she wanted them instead. I bought this patch that diabetics use before hand, I think it's called EMLA. It is a topical numbing agent (diabetic kids used it so they won't feel the needle), and I stuck them on her earlobes, she didn't even flinch. SHe loves her earrings.

Thank you cavewoman for my amazing siggie!!

Please don't mention on FB!
2 Angels in Heaven...Always remembered
Wanna go to Florida?>>>> MY FLORIDA GETAWAY
November 14th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Loopy View Post
I don't want her mad at me for weeks! lol
LOL!! Even when she was mad at me for the pain, she loved her earrings. That's when she started primping in the mirror and letting me do her hair (cause she wanted to show off her earrings).

I knew she would be good with the earrings themselves because she never, not even as a baby, pulled on mine. And I would wear some really long dangly earrings. She would touch them, but never pulled.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
November 14th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Cheshire's Avatar Mommy to three beauties!
She's had hers done since she was 8 months old but I haven't done my other daughters' ears..didn't even want to do hers. HOWEVER, she loves her earrings. I think this age is the age I'll let the girls get them if/when they ask.

November 14th, 2011, 08:29 AM
The Carok's Avatar The Cookest Piffle Ever!!
We have 3 girls and none of them have their ears pierced. I wanted to have them done when they were babies, but DH said no... he wants it to be 'earned'... and doesn't want them done until they are over 10 Kaylee has been begging for years now... if it were up to me they would all have earrings already. Oh well.

November 14th, 2011, 10:22 AM
lilly_&_hunter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Molly does not have her ears pierced.

She tells me that she wants it done "when she grows up". If I ask her when that is she says "when I'm 4".

I got my ears double pierced this summer and it hurt! I'm not in any rush for Molly to go through that.
November 14th, 2011, 12:53 PM
SweetWife's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No she doesn't have her ears pierced and she's never asked. I don't have mine pierced so that's probably part of the reason she hasn't asked.

November 14th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Captain Pieffle
I remember the pain of getting my ears pierced...but I wanted to get the girls done when they were babies...but hubby said no....then he said maybe then we were never in the right place or time to get them done. When we were at the mall last weekend we asked if she wanted them done she said yes...and picked earrings out but then there weren't two of them there to do the piercing. so we didn't do it as I'm sure we would have left with only one earring in lol

November 14th, 2011, 07:01 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We got Leah's ears pierced when she was nine months old. She wore earrings all the time until about 6 months ago. Now, she will very rarely let me put earrings in. She's a stubborn one!

November 14th, 2011, 07:58 PM
mommy2tns's Avatar real & spectacular.
Send a message via MSN to mommy2tns
Nat doesn't have her ears pierced and won't until she's old enough to help take care of them. I got mine done when I was seven and it was such a fun day with me and my mom, so I want to have a fun day with nat when she gets it done.

Thank you so much *Kiliki* for another amazing siggy!
November 14th, 2011, 08:55 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
Neither of my daughters have their ears pierced. Caliah has no interest, and Avelina isn't even aware of it, yet.

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
November 16th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Captain Pieffle
I was 6 I think when I got mine pierced. It was my choice, I asked mom I think. It was nice for it to be my choice. Maybe I'll wait and see if she asks me again.

Does anyone know the cost of getting their ears pierced? It was 33.50 for the "Hello Kitty" earring starter kit at the store we went to. I was wondering if it's cheaper down there....I might just wait until we go to the states to get them done! lol

November 22nd, 2011, 05:16 PM
The Jenn's Avatar Waiting for Baby #2!!
Nope. Emma will have the option of getting hers pierced when she starts kindergarten.

*New Siggy Coming Soon!*

Jenn, mommy to Emma and Ruby.

November 25th, 2011, 07:24 AM
Captain Pieffle
I half think it's more me wanting her ears pierced...lol
I think it would be so cute and I'd get to change them and stuff...but in reality, she doesn't even like when I brush her hair so she likely won't let me play with her earrings..lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search