are you SERIOUS????

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2011, 09:10 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are just days away from getting completely the heck out of this house. And guess what. The sump pump completely broke. there was/s water nearly to my knees. And guess what else. The owners aren't answering our phone calls or texts (including pictures of the flood) In case anyone is wondering, they told us not to hire anyone to fix issues with the house because they would do it themselves. I guess they just have a flooded basement now, not our worries right?

I'm over it. DH is taking some days off work so we can hopefully move sooner rather than later this week. Thank goodness all we really have left to pack is our clothes, some kitchen stuff, and a few other odds and ends!

This is just unbelievable.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
November 14th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry Jess! I'm glad you're getting out. Here's to much happier days ahead.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 14th, 2011, 09:45 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
Wow. I`m so glad you`re getting out of there. That sounds awful that the landlord`s aren`t responding. Hope the move goes well.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
November 14th, 2011, 11:02 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Geez, I wish you could sue their butts off!!! Seriously, I can't BELIEVE what they have put you through! If they advertise on craigslist or anything, I'd be putting up a response telling others not to rent from them. I'm so glad you guys are getting out. I hope this new house is PERFECT for your family in every way!

November 15th, 2011, 07:25 AM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ugh! Worst.landlords.ever. Good luck with your move!

November 15th, 2011, 09:29 AM
The thing about the house we are moving to, is that the owners live in Brooklyn NY so if something like this happens, we can call someone to come and fix it and deduct it from our rent. It is in our lease. We have the same agreement with our tenant and it's really nice because she has all of the control over the repairs (she knows best what is going on) and she runs them by us, so she can't just say something crazy like the carpet needs replaced etc. But for example when the thermostat broke she simply called a repairman and told him what problems she was dealing with, and he fixed the thermostat. We've had to make a lot of repairs on that home, all of them necessary, and I actually feel more comfortable with her being the one to take care of them.

So since that is the same agreement we have with our new landlords, we can make sure that things are taken care of to our standards- and really our standards aren't unreasonable, we just want it to be safe for our kids. You know, like no water pouring into their bedroom or mold spores to breathe in etc. Just now both Eve and I slipped on the kitchen floor because the dishwasher leaked (which is something else we've been telling them needs to be fixed) and I swear if any of us get hurt in this house, I WILL be sueing!

Click the blinkies!

November 15th, 2011, 11:02 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
I'm just glad that house isn't yours, & it's the evil landlord's problem now! Thank goodness you're getting out!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

November 16th, 2011, 09:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I second Lisa (I feel like I'm doing a lot of that today!). Hopefully they enjoy their flooded basement & mold problem & leaky dishwasher.

Eventually I'll have a siggy.

My Photography Blog

November 24th, 2011, 05:34 PM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
I hope that you are in your new house and not having to deal with this headache anymore. *hugs*
November 24th, 2011, 09:45 PM
Kristen, thank you! We are in our new house, thank goodness. I couldn't take another day of that other house! They told us that they were going to take a considerable portion of our deposit to have the carpets cleaned (something which we had done about a month ago) and have the whole house professionally cleaned (it was grimy and nasty when we moved in, I spent the first week scrubbing everything clean, it is definitely cleaner now than it was when we moved in!!!) and other things that were in disrepair when we moved in, so Daryl did threaten to take legal action. I am not sure if anything will come of it, I know part of it was just Daryl blowing of some steam and basically trying to get his point across about what a hellhole it was living there. They finally came on Wednesday to pump the water out of the basement, it happened on Monday and we called them right away, the FIL (the guy who basically "fixed" everything and the person I dealt with when it came to maneaging the property) said "Why didn't you call them? Um, we called them at their house AND cell, we texted pictures, and we emailed them, what more kind of communication could they possibly expect. Whatever, we're done.

We had a lot of great memories in that house, we made a lot of wonderful memories. I did tear up a little while pulling out of the drive for the last time. But, there's no way we could live like that anymore, it was deplorable. And I really am finding out that I actually do like living close to the city. The kids LOVE it. Not the lifestyle we've been wanting to lead, but that's okay because this is cool too.

Click the blinkies!

November 24th, 2011, 11:08 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Didn't you know you were supposed to send a carrier pigeon, too? So glad you are out & the kids are enjoying their new home!

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

November 26th, 2011, 08:47 AM
NewportMamaBear's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to NewportMamaBear
I'm glad your out and into your new place. I hope that you guys get something resolved with your former landlords. You may have to take legal action if they try to keep your deposit.
November 26th, 2011, 07:19 PM
I hope we don't have to take legal action, but I also hope they don't think that means they can just keep our deposit! We are so tight for money right now, we were kind of depending on that deposit to offset the cost of moving into another place. If they found damage to their property that was our fault, or if we left it as a disgusting mess (we didn't, I keep a pretty clean house) then I could understand keeping some money from the deposit, but the things they are claiming are not really our fault. Plus we did a lot of cleaning and fixing when everything flooded and when everything molded, AND the FIL really made me feel sexually harassed every time he came over to fix something, so I really think we're entitled to our money. I just worry how much legal action would cost as well.

Click the blinkies!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search