Checking In!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2011, 01:13 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi Everyone!

Daryl decided that he did want to try out the verizon Mifi. They have a two week trial period so he just wanted to see if it is something we could use. So we have internet. Kind of.... It is sooo sloooooooowwwwww and flaky. I don't think we'll be keeping it; it's pretty awful for the price, and we don't travel that much anymore. Anyway, but I can at least check in here! It takes about five minutes to load each topic on JM though, JM seems to always be slow anyway, but combined with this slow connection it is even worse, so I won't be commenting on a lot but I'll be around a bit more than I thought

We're in the new house! Finally! It took three days of hardcore moving and about eight trips between the two houses. I am a little mad at DH. I had worked so hard to keep everything organized, and then he just whipped around like a tornado, throwing random junk with other random junk, not using boxes, not putting things where it was labelled to go etc. and plain old not listening to my requests. This is the most disorganized move EVER, and it will not happen like this again, ever. I kind of feel like I'm living in an episode of Hoarders right now, there are just boxes and bags all over the place full of stuff. But it's getting better, we are organizing things one room at a time and getting our lives back in order. We can't get our beds or most of the furniture upstairs to the bedrooms. High steps + low archway= no furniture shall pass. We're going to have to figure out a way to hoist everything up to the second floor balcony. We're all sleeping on mattresses on the floor right now, and our bed frames and box springs are crammed into the dining room!

It was a lot harder on Jonah than we thought it would be. He seemed so excited about it, and it seemed like he was doing okay with it, but then he started having a lot of potty accidents. He even threw up a couple of times and I don't think he was sick; I think he was just really upset. He absolutely freaked out when the guys came and took his bed out of his old room to put on the truck. He told them to "bring that back" and told me he didn't want the bed at the new house, he wanted it in HIS room to sleep in HIS room. He always would get excited to see the skyline of Cleveland when we were in the car (there are several points when we are driving around that you can see downtown, and Daryl's work building) He says "Look at the so so tall sky scrapers and Dada's building! We gonna live here, so exciting!" but then he would get upset again. Today is the first day since Friday that hasn't been one long tantrum. I think he is finally REALLY understanding it and adjusting. This is also the first day that we haven't had anything to do really, so I also think he is finally able to just settle in today. Eve hasn't really blinked about it. She likes that the house has a really long hallway that she can run down.

But in all, it's been good living here so far! We walked to the park today because it's just two blocks down. The kids really enjoyed that! I'm glad I made time to do it before lunch/nap (I was going to do it after) because it is raining now.

Here's a picture of him I took at the park. It was warm enough that he didn't need that hat and scarf, especially while running around on the playground, But it looked cold when we left the house, so....

Okay, so photobucket and flickr are both not playing nice right now, so maybe I will have to come back to add the photo!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
November 22nd, 2011, 01:18 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Glad you got yourself moved, Jess! DH did that to me with our last move too... throwing things in a big jumble at the last minute. I was so mad at him! I'm sorry Jonah is having a rough time. Hopefully once everything is cleaned up and put away he will have an easier time settling in. What a pain that your furniture didn't fit up the stairs!!

November 22nd, 2011, 06:18 PM
Caden's MaMa 8-7-08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08 Send a message via Yahoo to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08
Glad to hear the move went well! And I hope you can get your furniture upstairs!! And lets hope Jonah adujsts more soon!

TY for the siggies everyone!
November 22nd, 2011, 08:16 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Glad the move went fairly well! Hope Jonah fully adjusts quickly!

November 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad the move went well. Hopefully Jonah adjusts soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search