Sleep study appt was a bomb

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2011, 09:32 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
so Tyler had a sleep consult today and it was a complete waste!To make a long story short, he was there for SLEEP issues not meds issues or ADHD issues, well she hardly touched on the sleep issues! She was so dang focused on his ADHD and meds! she kept asking me "hmm are you SURE he's really ADHD and it's not juist sleep deprivation that makes him "jittery?" ok...for one!! He has been on meds for 9 YEARS I am PRETTY sure he is ADHD and 2..JITTERY??? really??? is that what you call it???? I'm sorry but spend an hour with my kid unmedicated and you will see he is more than "jittery!" she kept hinting towards the fact that she thinks he is over medicated kept asking..."does he REALLY need that afternoon pill at school?" umm yeah! Ask his teachers how much he has improved over the last month, that will tell you!she made me feel like I was nuts for thinking my kid has a sleep issue! I do think with the new meds his sleep has improved HUGLEY, so pretty much I am keeping things as they are and not taking him back there, she was awful. there is a ton more but just wanted to give you the general idea of the appt. so angry! It's like none of the dr's want to listen to me, I know him best..I am his mother for gods sake! so regardless I am happy with the change I have seen in himin the past month so screw her!! lol I did end up filing a complaint on her as well and it turns out she is the medical director of the sleep dept..lol oh well!

November 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry Angie, I hate it when it feels like seeing a professional about something is a complete waste of time.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
November 24th, 2011, 07:36 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Sorry the appointment was a bust. But glad his current dosage of meds is making him so much better and easier to handle/live with.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search