What size bike?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2011, 02:59 AM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For those whose 3 y/o's have a bike or will be getting them for Xmas, what size bike do they have? My neighbor is getting her son a 16" & it just seems so big. Granted, here in WI they won't be used until May or June. For what it's worth, I don't know Dom'a current height but he's always been 70th percentile.

Cara's sweethearts
November 24th, 2011, 05:35 AM
~Michele~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Max has a 10" bike and it is perfect. the seat has to be all the way down for him to touch the ground. I found out with my older son that if the bike is too big and they don't feel comfortable, they will be afraid to ride it. My oldest got 2 years out of his bike, we also bought it on Craigslist for $10 and it was in perfect condition.

November 24th, 2011, 09:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily's is 12" I think. We bought it for her last Christmas and it was a little big for her. Now she fits it really well.

ETA: Lily is about 39" tall now, she was around 36" tall when we bought the bike.

Last edited by Twhylite21; November 24th, 2011 at 12:20 PM.
November 24th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
We are getting a 12" bike for Delilah.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
November 24th, 2011, 11:24 AM
kll074's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kaitlin has a 12" bike and it is the right size for her. She is tall for her age and I think it will last her another 12 months or more and then we can pass it onto Kendall . I chose a 12" because I found a website that gave size recommendations.
[

November 24th, 2011, 01:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for posting this. I saw a 16" on Walmart's black Friday add and wondered if that would be tge right size for Aaron. Guess not.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 24th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Caden's MaMa 8-7-08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08 Send a message via Yahoo to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08
I am getting Caden a 12" bike for xmas this year We thought about 16" but I don't want it to be too big, and I think the 12" will be fine. He has a bike at my grandmas house and it is either 8" or 10" and it is right size, so when this summer comes I know the 12" will be great!

TY for the siggies everyone!
November 26th, 2011, 07:57 AM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We just got Abby a 12" bike. It seems to be the perfect height for her.

November 26th, 2011, 10:40 AM
Jenna's Avatar AWESOME!!!
We're waiting to get Caitie a bike. She fits a 12" bike well right now, but at the rate she grows, I'm not convinced it'll still work for her in the spring (May-ish). We're making it a Spring Holiday present. I actually think a 14" bike would fit Cait best - she's just shy of 40 pounds, probably about 42" tall now - but they're so hard to find. So we figured waiting for spring and measuring again would work best.
November 27th, 2011, 05:12 PM
~Michele~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I should have added that my kids are SHORT. Max is only 36 inches right now.

November 28th, 2011, 08:31 AM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for all the input ladies! I think if I can find a nice one at a reasonable price I'll do the 14 inch. Otherwise I'll go with the 12". I don't want him to outgrow it one summer, but even more so I want him to be able to ride one next summer. It sounds like the 12 should for sure work next year, even if he outgrows it by the following summer.
Now my next decision is whether or not to get pay the extra money for a Cars themed one or just get a plain one...hmmm...

Cara's sweethearts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search