Black Friday Shoppers

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 25th, 2011, 06:54 AM
Captain Pieffle
First, I hope you are all safe and sound. I've been reading some scary stuff going on at the sales!

Second, what was the best deal you got?
Did you do all or most of your shopping today?

Most of all I hope you had fun and the crowds weren't too crazy.

Thanks to leecat for making my Awesome siggy!
November 25th, 2011, 02:04 PM
Gray Sea's Avatar I love Disneyland
I seriously don't understand the violence, over a stupid sale?!!
H and I went to Oxnard, 30 mins away from SB, and when we got there, we thought it wasn't that bad. (Went to Wal-Mart, nearest one to us)...but when we walked to the store, the line wrapped around the ENTIRE premises...we were like...heeeeeeeeeeeeeck no. So we left. And got everything we wanted at Wal-Mart online. Should of just done that in the first place

Thank you Tasha_Mae for my spooky siggy
November 26th, 2011, 05:40 AM
Captain Pieffle
Gracie....I shopped it up online yesterday too. I didn't bother buying for the girls as that is something hubby and I do together...but I got Old Navy Sweaters for my brother and his gf for 10 bucks....and I was happy with that purchase. I don't really need anything else...I've bought for everyone else. The only other thing I need to get is ink for my printer so I can print out Christmas photos, and the rest of my calendars for family. I'll have to post an example of my calendars. ohh and cards!

November 26th, 2011, 10:24 AM
The Heather's Avatar Jedi Master of Piffleness
I went out on Thursday evening to Toys 'R Us and then other shopping on Friday. It was crowded, but not too bad.

Second, what was the best deal you got? I got Chase's quad for $50! It is normally $100 and the lowest I have seen it on sale is $75.
Did you do all or most of your shopping today? I was able to get most of the kids shopping done. So all I have left is Tenli's bike and the other family members.

November 26th, 2011, 10:39 AM
Captain Pieffle
Sounds like you got a good deal on the Quad! I'm glad you made it out of Black Friday Shopping unhurt and with a good portion of your shopping completed!

November 26th, 2011, 12:52 PM
*Krissy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't do any of the early morning craziness, but Sean and I did a little shopping later in the morning. We ended up doing really well at Target. The Leap Pad games are normally $25. They were on sale at Target for $15. And we had three $4 off coupons. So we bought 3 of the games for $11 a piece. Really happy with that. We bought a few other things too. We are headed out shopping all day this Friday to do the rest of our shopping for Caiden while my mom watches him.
November 26th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Captain Pieffle
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Krissy* View Post
I didn't do any of the early morning craziness, but Sean and I did a little shopping later in the morning. We ended up doing really well at Target. The Leap Pad games are normally $25. They were on sale at Target for $15. And we had three $4 off coupons. So we bought 3 of the games for $11 a piece. Really happy with that. We bought a few other things too. We are headed out shopping all day this Friday to do the rest of our shopping for Caiden while my mom watches him.

Great job on the leap pad games!!! love coupons!!!

when I first read the end of this I read "while Caiden watches my mom" hahahaha

November 26th, 2011, 06:11 PM
lilly_&_hunter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I got out on Friday at 6am. I had good luck all day and the crowds weren't bad at all. Everyone out shopping was polite and it was a great day! I shop with my mom and my aunts. We do the same thing every year. We shop a bit, eat lunch at Red Lobster, and then shop some more.

I got M and O the toys they've been wanting. I also bought 5 games for $3.88 a piece. I got games like "Cooties", "Memory", "Don't Spill the Beans".

We got a new gun safe for a great price and a new 55 inch LED Tv. It was one of my most successful Black Fridays in years. My van was packed full! It was so much fun!
November 26th, 2011, 06:27 PM
Captain Pieffle
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilly_&_hunter View Post
I got out on Friday at 6am. I had good luck all day and the crowds weren't bad at all. Everyone out shopping was polite and it was a great day! I shop with my mom and my aunts. We do the same thing every year. We shop a bit, eat lunch at Red Lobster, and then shop some more.

I got M and O the toys they've been wanting. I also bought 5 games for $3.88 a piece. I got games like "Cooties", "Memory", "Don't Spill the Beans".

We got a new gun safe for a great price and a new 55 inch LED Tv. It was one of my most successful Black Fridays in years. My van was packed full! It was so much fun!
So glad you had a great experience. Sounds like you found some great deals. Brooke is wanting games this year too. I got snakes and ladders and am on the hunt for hungry hippos. 3.88 a piece is a great price for games!

We got our big screen last year on Boxing day....it was a fantastic price!

November 26th, 2011, 07:24 PM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went out yesterday about 8. I got a few things, nothing major, but it was nice to have the day to shop.

Krissy, so lucky that you obviously got the Leap Pad. They are impossible to find. Leah would love one, but they are out of stock everywhere. Geoff's mom said it's a manufacture thing, and they might not even have more before Christmas. Oh well, maybe for her birthday!

November 27th, 2011, 05:49 AM
*Krissy*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lisa, we bought the Leap Pad back at the end of September, beginning of October. Something told me that we better buy it. So glad we did. The last I looked, they were selling on Ebay for almost twice what you can get them in the stores. Ridiculous. Hope you find one for Leah before Christmas.
November 27th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Krissy~ We bought our Leap PAd in September too...I got it early because it was on the list for HOT toys! I just said to dh the other day...we should have picked up 2 and put one on ebay.....it's crazy that they are going for almost double!
November 27th, 2011, 11:10 AM
LilSunshine's Avatar ♥ Super Moderator ♥
I don't typically shop on Black Friday...there hasn't been anything that I've needed that bad to go out that early with those crowds to get. I did do some online shopping and went out to Target yesterday (Saturday) to get a few things. I'm almost done with my Christmas shopping.

September 2009 @ 6 weeks May 2011 @ 11 weeks
November 28th, 2011, 10:06 AM
lilly_&_hunter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did the same thing with the Leap Pad. I bought mine right after someone posted about it on here. It took longer for Owen's green one to come in than Molly's purple one.

Now I need to get a carrying case for them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search