How was your Thanksgiving?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2011, 09:41 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Hope it was great! Where did you go, and who was there? Did you cook? Did you host? Did you travel?

Ours was good and bad. We had two Thanksgivings, one at DH's house, then one at my family's the next day. It was nice to have everyone together, there was a big turnout this year, on both sides of the family! DH's entire family was there, minus one sister + her family, and everyone showed up in my family, even a cousin I haven't seen in years. I did not have a good time at DH's dinner, but the one at my mom's was really nice. It was so great to catch up with everyone! I can't believe how much I miss my family, now that we've moved farther away, I hardly ever see them anymore.

I made pumpkin pie and butternut squash risotto, both of which turned out really well. Everyone brought something.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

Last edited by LisaB; November 26th, 2011 at 09:45 PM.
November 26th, 2011, 10:23 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We had a good thanksgiving!

We did end up going to my parents' house. It was nice to see my family, but I really had a hard time being there. I just wish my parents would take better care of themselves and their house. But it was nice anyway.

We went to DH's parents' on Friday. It was really small. Jonah kept asking where his aunts and uncles were. It was just us and the in-laws! It was so weird and we ended up making way too much food. FIL fell ill during dinner, and we're hoping that we didn't catch whatever bug he has. Daryl has let me sleep in on all the days so far, which has been great. Especially since we went to bed early last night and then I slept in, I slept for 13 (interrupted, though) hours!!!! He probably will make me get up early in the morning now, which makes me wonder why I'm still up at 1:30... too much coffee on the drive home, I think.

But yeah, very nice thanksgiving. Definitely reminded us what all we are thankful for!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
November 27th, 2011, 10:25 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
It felt weird to have my Mom out of town this year (she ditched us and went to Hawaii with my Dad's parents!), but we had a really wonderful Thanksgiving. We went over to my brother and SIL's apartment first thing in the morning and had breakfast with them. It was just really laid back... we were all drinking coffee and waking up Then they headed to SIL's family for turkey dinner. We came home and attempted to give Josiah a nap, but after an hour of fighting, gave up and headed to my aunts house about 10 minutes away. We had a great time there with my aunt, uncle, grandma, my two cousins and their husbands, and my cousins two little girls. Josiah loves spending time with his second cousin since they are basically the same age, and the family beagle Boonie! It was a good day all around!

November 27th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ours was boring. It was just us and my SIL/her husband. I cooked everything.

November 27th, 2011, 12:07 PM
kll074's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We spent the morning/early afternoon driving home from Orlando (another trip to Sea World). Therefore, no special lunch/dinner. DH did make sure he and the girls had turkey sandwich meat on his/their sandwiches!
[

November 27th, 2011, 04:32 PM
Caden's MaMa 8-7-08's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08 Send a message via Yahoo to Caden's MaMa 8-7-08
Ours was nice, it was just myself, DF, Caden and my Mom. We cooked the meal for my Mom and it was quiet and nice. DF fried a turkey this year, for the first time, it was okay (didn't notice much difference in this vs. oven shh)

TY for the siggies everyone!
November 27th, 2011, 07:24 PM
MReel11008's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ours was good. We went to my aunts house down the road from us. My dad, uncle, aunt, grandparents, and one sister with her husband and kids all made it. We had a big lunch and did a little birthday party after for my dh and Alex as well as celebrating for Nic's with everyone since we never got around to it in September. I ate wayyyyy too much but it was super good!

We were supposed to do something with dh's family yesterday but they changed it at the last minute for today and we couldn't make it. With dh working nights he has to sleep during the day so it wasn't going to work well. I'm kind of sad we missed it BUT my sister in law did make me a pie anyway. LOL

November 27th, 2011, 10:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ours was fine. The first few hours I was thinking, "this is like the best family get together ever" but then it went downhill when the kids got cranky from not having naps and it just got long. We had everyone here at our house - at least 30 people. I made turkey, gravy from a jar , rice, egg rolls (140 - and we only had one left at home once everyone left), and pork chow fun. Everyone else brought something.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

November 28th, 2011, 07:45 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we had a nice day - a little boring though - I cooked everything (made way too much) for the 2 of us - since the kids don't eat pretty much anything. DH napped, the kids played outside.

it was a nice relaxing day for everyone else, but luckily I was on my feet in the kitchen most of the day :/

then after dinner we watched a movie together and then I fell asleep on the couch during punkin chunkin.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

November 28th, 2011, 08:38 AM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had a GREAT Thanksgiving. DH & I went to Phoenix for the weekend. Lots of fun & relaxing. My cousin's wife & her stepmom did the cooking. Friday night we went by DH's uncle's house & had another awesome meal. Saturday night we went out for dinner & then to a bar for drinks & dancing. Had a blast!!! It's been a long time since DH & I have been able to go some where with just other adults, no kids.

The kiddos stayed behind with various relatives and were on their best behavior. My brother, who's LO will be 1 y/o tomorrow, said now him & his gf want to have another one sooner b/c Ella was so great for them! And after the in-laws went visiting with Dominic, we have a few more aunties who said they would love to watch him any time we need! All good things to hear.

On another note, Ella showed DH & I that she missed up by giving us lots of hugs & smiles. Dominic, on the other hand, was a BEAST last night. The worst I've seen him in awhile. Running around, yelling, hitting, throwing things. Just terrible. I'm sure he's just reacting to us being away, but I sure hope he gets back on track fast.

Cara's sweethearts
November 28th, 2011, 12:04 PM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where did you go? to my cousin's house
Who was there? me, Tom, Abby, my cousin, his wife, 4 of their kids, her parents, and his step-dad with his girlfriend.
Did you cook? I made a sort of sweet potato casserole.
Did you host? No
Did you travel? Just about 40 minutes.

November 28th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Jackson is out of town with Jake's family right now. Despite missing him, I had a pretty great Thanksgiving. We had a good time at my mom's house with the cousins & mom's side of the family. We even finally put together a cousin beer pong tournament we'd been talking about for 4 years It was pretty clear that we're all out of college (or at least past the point of playing beer pong) by the fact that we were all pretty terrible, but we definitely laughed a lot with each other which was the most important part. I bought a pumpkin pie since I was too scared to mess one up by cooking.

Eventually I'll have a siggy.

My Photography Blog

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search