With the next child...

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kallie74
  • 1 Post By Effervescence

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2012, 12:08 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Whether you plan to have more kids or not, IF you had another, is there anything you would attempt to do differently in your parenting of that next child?

February 1st, 2012, 04:45 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not beat myself up if I'm unable to breastfeed. My supply dried up at 6 months with Robin and I cried so hard over it.

That's all I can think of, lol.

Pounds Lost Before Our Second Miracle: 57

February 1st, 2012, 06:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Breastfeeding here too. I've tried and failed twice with it. With Lexy, she had a horrible latch and really damaged my nipples. I just would NOT give her formula, so I pumped for 8 months. With Julianna, she had a great latch, but because Lexy did so much damage to my nipples they healed inverted, so getting Julianna to latch was frustrating for both of us. She lost a lot of weight in the beginning, and my supply just sucked for some reason this time around. I pumped for her for 6 weeks, then put her on formula. I will TRY with our 3rd baby (if we have a 3rd), but I'm really not expecting it to work out.

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
February 1st, 2012, 06:46 AM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think there is to much we would change. After 3 children we pretty much have a good system that works for our family. But every child is different so we would just follow his or her queues and go from there.

February 1st, 2012, 08:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Nikki. I don't think there is much we'd change. With each baby, I'm more willing to let DH help though. With Lily, I wanted it done my way and I'd get really frustrated with him when he'd try to help but not do it "right". With Vi, I kinda just let him do it his way and I'm sure I will this time as well.

February 1st, 2012, 08:30 AM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still wish I would have BF until a year with my kids so I will once again make an attempt at that. I'm ok with Dom's 9 months, but I think Ella was only BF 'til about 4 months or so.
I'm also thinking I should become more of a hover mom. Both my kids are pretty wild and I sometimes wonder if it's because I gave them too much independence early on. As mobile infants/toddlers I let them get out of my sight and explore and get into not-so-dangerous trouble. Now their 'independence' is driving me crazy!

Cara's sweethearts
February 1st, 2012, 09:00 AM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
I wish Tristan were MORE independent - I could never give him the freedom to get into innocent trouble because he would hurt himself trying. But I digress - he needs the supervision. :/

I plan to be slightly more AP with the next kid, try harder to breastfeed and not beat myself up if it doesn't work. No more EP.

February 1st, 2012, 09:14 AM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintana View Post
I plan to be slightly more AP with the next kid, try harder to breastfeed and not beat myself up if it doesn't work. No more EP.
Random question: What's EP? I know AP & TP so where does EP fit in with that?

Cara's sweethearts
February 1st, 2012, 09:24 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure we will do much different, although I think it will be harder to find our routine with the big age difference.

I said when I was pg with Nate that I would cut out night feeding first, and that failed so I'll say it again, but I don't expect I'll be able to stick with it!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 1st, 2012, 09:59 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
For me, I think I would like the next baby to learn how to sleep in a crib LOL! I'll still co-sleep early on, but would like to have them taking naps in their own space, and transition them to bedtime in their own space sooner than um... PRESCHOOL There isn't room in my bed for TWO babies and a husband

February 1st, 2012, 10:31 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know how it would differ! Each kid is so different, I give up trying to plan what I will and will not do.

I know, though, that if we have another child our situation will be VERY different than with both kids. I am going to school, starting a new career, etc. I won't be a stay at home mom, the kids will probably be in day care or a home sitter for at least part of the week. I am a little sad that I already know I won't be with #3 as much as the other two. But I also know that if we have a third, then I would need this career more than ever to keep up with our finances. We just can't afford to be a one income family anymore.

We will also have a lot more in utero testing, and if the baby tests positive for the genetic deletion that Jonah and Daryl have, then we will have a more invasive hospital based birth center birth. Even if the baby doesn't test positive, we might go to the holistic birth center that is adjacent to the hospital, there are too many "what ifs" in our situation right now.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
February 1st, 2012, 06:27 PM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvgummies View Post
Random question: What's EP? I know AP & TP so where does EP fit in with that?
Oops! EP == exclusively pump(ing). AKA Ouchie.

February 2nd, 2012, 05:12 AM
kallie74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't really think of anything. If I had things to totally "do over" I might try to restrict refined sugar more/longer. So maybe some diet changes. But now I feel like it's all over! My kids are candy fiends! (They still get zero to very little on most days, as far as candy, but I swear it is crack to them! They go crazy over dum-dums suckers, m&m's, candy kisses... sigh... )

But if I had a 3rd kid, it's not like I could just restrict that one--or at least it would be pretty hard! So I think it's a lost cause!
RainyDay likes this.

christmas 2011 - so excited for Santa
February 2nd, 2012, 06:10 AM
Resi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by doremi View Post
For me, I think I would like the next baby to learn how to sleep in a crib LOL! I'll still co-sleep early on, but would like to have them taking naps in their own space, and transition them to bedtime in their own space sooner than um... PRESCHOOL There isn't room in my bed for TWO babies and a husband
This and teaching baby nursing manners!
February 2nd, 2012, 06:25 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kallie74 View Post
I can't really think of anything. If I had things to totally "do over" I might try to restrict refined sugar more/longer. So maybe some diet changes. But now I feel like it's all over! My kids are candy fiends! (They still get zero to very little on most days, as far as candy, but I swear it is crack to them! They go crazy over dum-dums suckers, m&m's, candy kisses... sigh... )

But if I had a 3rd kid, it's not like I could just restrict that one--or at least it would be pretty hard! So I think it's a lost cause!
Ugh, that is my kids too! And everyone knows I don't give it to them on a regular basis, so on special occasions (christmas, family events) they "feel sorry" for them and start sneaking them TONS. Evelyn is addicted to m&m's. She calls them just "M's" Jonah did not have candy until the Easter when he was two, and it was practically one of her first finger foods! Drives me crazy. BUT, how easy is it to bribe them? "If you sit nicely and get your hair cut, you can have a LOLLIPOP!!!" or "Let the lady with the camera take your picture, and you can have an M!" oops....
kallie74 likes this.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search