Amazing

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes
  • 2 Post By Effervescence
  • 3 Post By GracieNAmelia'sMommy
  • 3 Post By kallie74
  • 1 Post By Effervescence
  • 2 Post By Sonshine1296
  • 2 Post By Twhylite21
  • 3 Post By RainyDay
  • 3 Post By Toby's-Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2012, 08:34 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What has your little one done or said lately that just amazed you? This is a "bragging rites" thread

Today we were walking home from the park, and Jonah was picking up buckeyes from the sidewalk. He kept dropping them, so I said "You can't carry that many!" So he put some down, and said "I can carry three." a few more steps and he stopped again to pick more up. I said "Honey, you just told me you can only carry THREE. You have three already!" He said "Three in the other hand! I can carry SIX!!!!"
Twhylite21 and Sonshine1296 like this.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
February 1st, 2012, 10:22 PM
GracieNAmelia'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to GracieNAmelia'sMommy
Mimi writes her name now. She know 98% of the letters of the alphabet. She tries to keep up with her big sister and is very smart

February 2nd, 2012, 06:08 AM
kallie74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Some of the obscure words Tommy comes up with are always fun to hear, especially if it's something we don't say, so we know he's picking things up EVERYWHERE. The other night he was eating some fish we'd made (that was a miracle in itself, that BOTH of my kids liked the flounder we made), anyway, I asked, "Tommy, how do you like your food?" And he paused a moment, got this big smile on his face and then declared, "Scrumptious!"

christmas 2011 - so excited for Santa
February 2nd, 2012, 07:34 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kallie, Jonah says Scrumptious too!!!! I think it has been the word of the day on Sesame street, and the "in other words" word on Nick Jr. so if he watches either of those that is where he might have gotten it! That's where Jonah picked it up, anyway!

Mimi's Mommy (sorry, I don't remember your name!) I am trying to teach Jonah to recognize his name right now! He isn't to the point of writing letters yet, we are working on tracing dotted lines and shapes to get his fine motor control down. WTG Mimi for writing!!! Awesome!
Sonshine1296 likes this.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
February 2nd, 2012, 07:58 AM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Abby memorizes stories and then repeats them back nearly word for word as we flip through the pages. I love that she loves to read like me.
Twhylite21 and Effervescence like this.

February 2nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily has started to do basic addition and subtraction a lot. If you give her 2 numbers, she can figure out how much they make fairly quickly, or how many less there are, etc. She was using her hands and toes but now she can usually do numbers under 15 in her head.

I posted on my FB, but the other week she told me "I want 10 brothers and 6 sisters, so there will be 17 of us, ok?" I was surprised she had added that up correctly.

February 2nd, 2012, 10:47 AM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, a lot of what Tyler does amazes me, but it's just the little everyday things that most people take for granted. We have some challenges with Sean and the ASD, so Tyler surprises me all the time by just being a typical kid.

We've recently let him play some games on DH's iPad, and he is really good! I was surprised by how quickly he learned how to play, and now he's trying to teach Sean the right way to launch angry birds And he can score 50,000+ on Temple Run, which is pretty impressive for a 3 yr old that just started playing a week ago IMO.

February 2nd, 2012, 07:39 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Toby has lately become obsessed with figuring out the first letters of words. He already knows he begins with T, and he can type his name on the computer, but now he's obsessed with sounding out words. The other night we were going to bed and it was "p...p...polar bear...polar bear starts with P!" and "G...g...george...George starts with G!" then T for toothbrush, C for cup and curtain, B for bed and book, and M for moon and mommy. Last thing I heard him call from his room was "Mommy, Spider starts with S!" He still confuses K and C (totally understandable) and is working on H and W words.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search