What would you pack?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By doremi
  • 1 Post By Sonshine1296
  • 1 Post By Toby's-Mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2012, 07:28 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are going on vacation next week to Arizona to visit my best friend. I haven't seen her since we moved to Toledo when Jonah was three months old! I am SO very excited, I cried when DH told me that he found some discount plane tickets and his parents were letting us use their time share!

So anyway, we want to avoid bag fees. We're trying to fit the entire family into one checked bag. I'm using the same backpack that I took to England for a month, which is pretty roomie. I'm making the packing list, and wondering what is reasonable to bring. I always end up overpacking, even though I usually pack very light when I didn't have kids!!!

There is a washing machine and dryer in the hotel room, as well as high chairs, booster seats, cribs and cots.We are arriving on Friday night and leaving Sunday morning. I am thinking (including what we wear to the airport) three pairs of jeans, three long sleeve shirts, a pullover, four pairs of socks, four pairs of undies, two pairs of PJ's, for each person. (maybe one pair of PJ's for just me and DH) It is going to be too cold to swim, so no swim suits etc, but I am on the fence about coats. I don't think the kids will be out during the times that it will be super cold, so I think their pullovers will be alright.

I'm also going to let them each pack a small backpack of toys/activities/books.

What do you ladies think? Too much? Not enough? I always pack too many clothes, especially since there is a washer and dryer in the room. I just always think "Aw, I want them to wear such and such outfit, or this one that grandma bought" etc LOL Then they end up only wearing half of the cute things that I just had to pack!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
February 3rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it sounds good, especially if you will be doing laundry, no reason to bring the whole house!
Effervescence likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 3rd, 2012, 08:20 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I think your list sounds good - I almost always overpack, so I'm not a ton of help

February 3rd, 2012, 10:03 AM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
Sounds like a reasonable list. I'd pack the coats too just in case.

February 3rd, 2012, 01:27 PM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds good. It's been chilly at night but 60-70's during the day.

February 4th, 2012, 07:43 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would cut down a pair of jeans, at least for you and DH, since I'm a firm believer in the theory that jeans can be worn more than once, but that's just me. And if it's going to be 60s-70s, maybe sub out one short sleeved shirt, just in case. My DH would pack all short sleeves and just bring a jacket, but he loathes long sleeves, lol.
Other than that, looks perfect!

February 4th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yeah, me and DH will only bring two pairs of jeans. I usually wear one pair of jeans all week unless something happens and they get dirty (spill, spit up, mud, art project) I think that is all DH actually owns is two pairs! LOL. The kids always get food all over themselves though, so their jeans are a one time wear item. DH will pick his own shirts, and will most likely wear short sleeves because that is what he wears here in Cleveland when it is downright cold outside. I checked the weather report and it's forcasted to be upper 50's. Most of the activities we have planned are outside, and they both seem comfortable in long sleeves in those temps when outside.

Now I just have to force myself to stick to this plan!

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
February 5th, 2012, 06:15 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
remember to plan to have something to wear while doing laundry! unless you like prancing around naked! LOL

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search