Valentines

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2012, 09:14 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Do you make valentines cards or gifts for kids in your child's class or teacher?

I was thinking of doing this so I emailed her teacher to get a list of first names of kids in the class but she hasn't replied. I think in the least I will have her make a card or craft for her teacher since she goes to school that day. I'm not too keen on sending candy or treats. Another idea is to get a few things from the dollar store or Oriental Trading Company and let her hand out each one to her friends.

Do you bother with any Vday stuff with your kids?

February 3rd, 2012, 09:24 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yep we do cards for her classmates and usually the class has a party so we take in a treat for the class to share.
February 3rd, 2012, 10:09 AM
.Michelle.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Zane's class has a Valentine's day party. They normally make a bag themselves and then they exchange cards/candy. I normally just buy the valentines for kids and may include a lollypop or something on it.
For the party there is a sign up list on the door and each child brings something. This year we are bringing cookies.

February 3rd, 2012, 10:11 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I like to bake a heart shape cake with Aidan and let him decorate it. We'll probably do that next weekend. I got a little gift for him as well, a Kinder Surprise heart and a little lego set. For his class and teachers, I bought little Valentine's cards for him to hand out.

February 3rd, 2012, 10:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I got Sam a gift "basket" and am going to fill it with dollar store stuff and I will give her a card.

For her class, she is going to give out cards. The teachers sent home a paper with all the kids names on squares so the kids and cut them out and paste the names to the envelopes. A parent is volunteering to make a rice krispie treat for al the kids for V-day, so we aren't doing any gifts, treat, etc... just the cards. We'll also give cards to her teachers.

<3

<3
February 3rd, 2012, 11:39 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Meg's school does a valentines card exchange. We bring a set of cards and they exchange them in little bags or boxes they have made. No candy allowed.

I get Meg a little box of chocolates and get some fresh cut flowers for the house. DH and I usually send each other a box of Tiff's Treats cookies.. they deliver them warm. That's about all I do.

My Blog
February 3rd, 2012, 11:48 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I know Kaija's class is having a Valentine's Day party on the 13th but I have no idea what that entails for me or her... I assume she'll need to take cards. They do a lot of learning about healthy snacks and the only times they "splurge" are on the kids' birthdays. So I'm guessing we won't need to bring treats. It helps that the HS teacher in charge is also the Home Ec teacher and baking is her 1st hour class I hope she sends home a note next week!
February 3rd, 2012, 01:15 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We bought a valentine set at the store. Kate's came with a card and sucker. Addy's with a fun dip.

February 4th, 2012, 07:24 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
At preschool last year the teacher sent home a list of kids and I just sent Lily with cards without candy. I have no idea how her Pre-k class will do it

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search