January 08 PR - October DDC :)

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree19Likes

Closed Topic Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2012, 07:10 AM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
for nausea!! I love that!

I woke up so hungry..but I could smell our kitchen garbage can from the bedroom even though we emptied it yesterday morning.

My Blog
February 22nd, 2012, 08:28 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
Oct DDC are dropping like flies.
February 22nd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hang in there ladies. I have good vibes for both of you!

I still wish I were joining you!

February 22nd, 2012, 11:00 AM
I saw that Kristen. It is so sad.

It's not too late Holly!

My Blog
February 22nd, 2012, 11:54 AM
Okay so Heather, how did you calculate your due date? I am seeing some women on the Oct DDC saying things like that their doctor is going by their last period but they know they ovulated very late that cycle putting them a week off, etc.

I'm curious because if I go by my last period, my due date is October 22.
If I go by my date of conception, it would be October 25. But it was late at night and the last day I had EWCM, so I am assuming I ovulated the following day putting me at October 26.

I'll probably end up delivering with the hippie midwives at the birth center where I had Sam, but in the mean time I will be seeing an OB here in NY and I have no idea how they'll want to calculate things, and I don't want to be pressured in to having an earlier due date for a variety of reasons.
February 22nd, 2012, 12:10 PM
I think most OBs go by LMP until they have a dating sono. With Meghan I had no idea when my LMP was or when I o'd so I was clueless. I just know she DID NOT show up anywhere near her due date.

If I go by LMP I am due October 26. From conception it shows the same thing based on my O date and my slightly extended luteal phase. For once, something in my life agrees with something else.

My Blog
February 22nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
It makes me feel crazy that so many women go by a doctors date when they know full well they ovulated like 10 days later. And then 40 weeks comes along and they have ants in their pants.
February 22nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
lol.. yea! What gets me is who are so many women going to the doctor already?? I thought only people with issues went before 10 weeks?

I think everyone who attempts to get pregnant should be informed.. and walk in the the OB office with as much of the facts as possible, and understand that what the doctor tells them is only an estimate.

My Blog
February 22nd, 2012, 12:26 PM
I have no idea. Apparently OBGYN's in NY state don't get it either because they pretty much laughed at me when I asked to come in just for a blood test. I never even knew what a Beta was until JM. I have never heard of anyone doing that outside of JM either. And I have no idea what any of my "levels" ever were with any pregnancy. Weird!
February 22nd, 2012, 12:31 PM
I didn't do Beta's until after my 3rd loss. This time I declined. Betas to me are like drama in slow-mo. Makes no sense, it's either viable or not viable. I don't need to get pricked in the arm 3x in a week, and wait 8 -12 hours to know if my baby is growing or not. It's either going to work out or not.

My Blog
February 22nd, 2012, 01:10 PM
you're hardcore. i mean it!
February 22nd, 2012, 02:30 PM
I thought I was just jaded.. but I will take hardcore any day!

My Blog
February 22nd, 2012, 04:47 PM
Ok so I could change my due date but I'm keeping it so we can be the same. I'm pretty sure I am right with my calculations anyway.
February 23rd, 2012, 06:30 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Just wanted to let you both know that I'm totally stalking you here and sending positive vibes daily that you both have nice healthy sticky beans. I have a really really good feeling about this for both of you. I don't think it's just coincidence that you're both preggo and due at the same time. I think you are meant to be going through this together.

My 2 cents on betas are very similar to Heather, they're ******* stressful. And the reality is, you can have perfectly strong and doubling betas one week and then still m/c later on or conversely, have weaker betas and go on to have a perfectly healthy baby. My situation was a bit different and beta is normal protocol after IVF to establish "success" rates, so I really didn't have a lot of choice but to have it done, but useful to me? Not particularly. Even with a history of pregnancy issues, I think a scan at 7ish weeks is the way I would choose to go. By then, your answers will be pretty definitive.

As for the due date calculation. I do think most doctors will use LMP, but if you have a doctor that's not a total dick, then he/she should take into account your ovulation date, if you're pretty certain of it. But like you've said, a lot of woman will have no clue and they'll just take the due date given to them by the doc and take it as gospel and I really don't get that.

Anyway... I'm just super excited for you guys and totally pulling for you both!

February 23rd, 2012, 07:16 AM
Aww Kristen! Thank you.

Gillian.. Thank you too. I really hope this is all meant to be for some crazy reason. I think it is fun and exciting.

Today I woke up and was a little paranoid that I didn't get up to pp at all last night. And my bloated belly is gone. I can cinch my belt back to it's normal place. I have energy and it is all weirding me out a little.

My Blog
February 23rd, 2012, 07:19 AM
Aw Gillian thanks.

Heather, you're good! Symptoms change everyday. We are still super early, I don't think it's common to have any symptoms yet. I think the bloating all depends on what types of food you eat anyway.

As your body adjusts to the hormones, you'll feel more normal for a bit before they spike again.
February 23rd, 2012, 07:22 AM
Happy 5 Weeks!!

My Blog
February 23rd, 2012, 08:21 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
This is so exciting! Add me to those who have a good feeling about everything for both of you.

With Kolbie I had been charting so I had a pretty good idea of when I ovulated. My initial OB kind of scoffed but took it into account. He ended up going with LMP anyway and then still did a scan at 6 and 7 weeks (couldn't measure at 6 weeks). At that point I was due 4/3, 4/4 or 4/7 - he never really told me what date he was using, I assume the 3rd. When I had to switch OBs they asked when my EDD was and I told them I had been charting and was pretty sure it was 4/4 despite not knowing what my old OB was using. So that's what they went with. It was all moot when Kolbie showed up 3/26 anyway! But an EDD of 4/7 would have made her almost 2 weeks early instead of just 8 days.
February 23rd, 2012, 11:56 AM
I bought a Detect5 test. I can't wait until it arrives. After that, I will quit pping on sticks.

My Blog
February 23rd, 2012, 01:06 PM
i considered it too but some of the amazon reviews made it seem like it caused more worry than good so i decided i didnt need that!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search