Back on the weight loss wagon

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 3rd, 2012, 06:42 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I gained a total of 80 pounds during this pregnancy I tried very hard to gain maximum 25 pounds. I ate two meals a day and they weren't bad meals. Not sure where I went wrong but I can't dwell on it. I've lost 31 since my last doc appointment. I've set mini goals for myself and I have until mid November to get back down to pre preggo weight of 148. I go for my postpartum checkup tomorrow and once she clears me I'm going to get into exercise full swing. I've been walking 2 miles 4-5 times a week for the past couple of weeks. I'm also going to start counting calories. I know I can do it but it's depressing that the only clothes that fit are sweats and maternity pants.

April 3rd, 2012, 07:17 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Aw hon, big hugs to you! I tried to keep my weight gain contained too and still gained 55lb. It's just what my body does though, both of my healthy pregnancies were 50+ pounds. I can't wait to see you lose the weight again, I know it's super important to you!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
April 4th, 2012, 12:44 PM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Hugs, hon. Pregnancy is a temporary state - your body has a memory of being 148 and will totally respond to the changes that got you to that point.

You're still pretty freshly PP - hang in there! You CAN do this!
April 4th, 2012, 05:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've felt that depression too, of only being able to wear sweat pants after pregnancy. Don't worry! It sounds like you are doing all the right things and you'll soon leave those sweat pants behind! ((hugs)) and good luck!
April 17th, 2012, 03:51 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the support So much for kicking exercise into high gear. I have an infection in part of my incision and have to take it easy for a few more weeks

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search