TTC Tips

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 19th, 2012, 01:05 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Besides finding the right O date, is there anything to do to increase chances of getting pregnant? We have been trying, in various stages of seriousness, to get pregnant since last July. The first couple months we just did ntnp. I thought it would happen right away since it happened so easily with London. (For those of you that don't remember, we did it one time unprotected on Spring break with an unpredictable period, no charting, nothing.) On the other hand, I remember when I got pregnant with London, I had this weird feeling that this would be the only time I would be able to get pregnant.

After ntnp for a couple months without luck, I tried (kinda) charting for a while. Still no luck. Then, I bought a digital ovulation kit. We used that for 2 months. We DTD on the smiley face day and the day after. I thought that would be a sure thing. Still no luck. After using the kit, I had a pretty good idea of when I was fertile so I stopped using the kit but we kept ttc.

I really thought that I would be having a Spring or summer baby this year, but it looks like that is not happening. Now the timing is off. London is already 4 1/2 and I don't want there to be a huge age gap. I desperately want a baby but I don't know how it will work if I get pregnant now and then have to switch jobs mid-pregnancy. Also, the biggest challenge of all, dh is now living in LA. I only see him on the weekends. So, we can only get pregnant if O happens to fall on a weekend and luck is on our side. Even if it doesn't make complete logical sense right now, I still really want another baby. If we do continue to ttc, is there anything we can do to increase our chances? If I think O is happening on a weekend, then I want to make sure I do everything in my power to increase our chances. Is there anything at all I can do? I guess I'm pretty clueless on the ttc front. You ladies are the experts, help!
April 19th, 2012, 01:27 PM
IneedCoffee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Instead Soft Cups. Put one in after dtd. Helps the sperm get to where they need to be, and to stay there.

Are you noticing fertile mucus? If not, I would take a supplement for that.

My Blog
April 19th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Ooh, thank you! That's a really good tip, I am definitely going to try that. Thank you so much! I am pretty sure that I have the fertile mucus, I think the issues might be on dh's side. (though he would never admit that) I still wouldn't be adverse to supplements though if they might help. I was taking prenatals for a while but I stopped. Maybe I should start taking them again. I drink a green smoothie every morning that has lots of natural nutrients though.
April 19th, 2012, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Laying still for a good 30 minutes after dtd. I would go back to using the opk's too. Kristen recommended B6 and another supplement to me when I didn't think I was ovulating. I will go look it up. I didn't end up needing it since I got my BFP.

The other was vitex/chasteberry extract pills

April 19th, 2012, 09:59 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
evening primrose oil will help with your cervical mucous. good luck!!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
April 20th, 2012, 06:46 PM
GirliMumi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Calcuim, magnesium.....I can't think of any others right now. Cranberry before O if you are trying to sway girl....and now that I went looking on my phone, I see I have lost all my memos. ****** BB!!!!

If I find more I will post them. Don't remember the site I used off hand but I'll try and dig it up.
April 20th, 2012, 08:39 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
vitacost.com has evening primrose oil on sale for $4.41. the promo code is PA23NA and if you use sign up and use my referral code, you get a $10 coupon...so it would be free.
Vitacost Refer-A-Friend - Vitacost

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search