4th Birthday's

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By LisaB
  • 1 Post By LoveMyFour

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 24th, 2012, 10:43 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
I know there have been a few threads started already on this topic, but what are you planning to do for your Aug/Sept LO's 4th birthday? I haven't decided if we are going to have it be the first year that Josiah invites some of his friends, or if we are just going to do what we have always done and make it a family day. My grandparent's will be here visiting from CA, so I feel like we have to do something a bit more formal than we normally do. I'm thinking if the weather is nice, that we will go to Josiah's favorite beach and roast hot dogs and marshmallows, eat cupcakes, and tell some of his friends families that they are welcome to come by and play with us at the beach. I'm also tossing around the idea of spending the day at the zoo since it is one of his favorite places to go and we have season passes.

April 25th, 2012, 12:01 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't even thought that far ahead!!! Summer has mentioned she wants a Jasmine party! September here is Spring so hopefully it's starting to warm back up!
April 25th, 2012, 04:30 AM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Zip line, pony rides, face painting, mini train ride, jumper, root beer floats. Really! Our local Kiwanis club is doing its annual festival at the big community park two minutes from our house, on the girls' birthday! It's perfect! We went last year and it was amazing, the kids have never had so much fun (though they wouldn't try the zip line). We're inviting everyone to our picnic blanket for cupcakes & then will let the kids loose. You're all invited too!
iluvgummies and Twhylite21 like this.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

April 25th, 2012, 05:05 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we are inviting the kids from sunday school, and since it is a combined party. Adam is inviting a few friends from school.

I'm not sure we are going to invite family or not. I guess I will probably invite them, but I doubt they will show up.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

April 25th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I had this great idea to combine Aaron's birthday party with Aiden's baptism, and when I shared the idea with DH, he thought it sounded good too. So the Sunday around Aaron's birthday we'll have Aiden's baptism at church that morning and then family will come to our house for lunch and Aaron's birthday. I don't think Aaron will feel badly - as long as we have cousins, cake, and presents for him, he'll be happy. We'll probably do something special just the 5 of us on his actual birthday (Children's Museum, Train Store, etc.).

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

April 25th, 2012, 01:57 PM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're doing a combined party for Dom & Ella on Ella's actual birthday (which is exactly 3 weeks before Dom's). It is going to be train themed since it is a common obsession of theirs. There will both mine & DH's extended families. And we're inviting Dom's 3 friends from the neighborhood. I'm going to have a pin-the- caboose on the train game, some coloring pages & tattoos. Lots of sidewalk chalk & bubbles as giveaways. And then I'm also going to have a type of scavenger hunt. I'm going to get those gold foil covered chocolate coins. Each kid will have 5 to find. They'll be hid all over the main level of our house and weather permitting outside as well. Gives the kids lots of things to do, I hope. Oh, and we're going to grill hot dogs with a build your own hot dog set up (different peppers, pickles, onions, relishes, sauces, etc.) I am so looking forward to it, but I bet those 3 months come way too soon!

Cara's sweethearts
April 25th, 2012, 05:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily wants a Disney Princess party. We'll probably have her friends over and family/other friends in the area. She wants tea sandwiches, berries, etc and she wants to have all her friends wear princess attire - but some of her friends are boys, so we'll see about that LOL.

April 25th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grrr, I typed out a response already but then forgot to hit "post." Then it said that the form had expired

Anyway, Jonah found out that he can have a party at one of the minor league baseball stadiums here. It is actually one of the cheaper options for us! $16 a person and includes admission to the game, pizza chips and pop brought to our seats, passes to the kids fun zone, a team logo baseball for each guest, cupcakes, a party room to open gifts and do the cake, and Jonah gets to throw "the first pitch" (not for real, pre-game) and they will flash his name on the big screen and sing happy birthday at the 7th inning stretch. He is SOOOOOO excited. It will be almost all family, and I might let him invite his best friend from school. I don't think his friend will come though, because it is not during the school year when he sees Jonah, and it is pretty far away from where we live, about an hour's drive but very convenient for our family. He will just love having his cousins there anyway!!!

Although, tonight at the dinner table Daryl and I were discussing the plans for both kids' parties. I said "Jonah is going to have his party at the ball field, right Bugs?" and he said "Have the party at home?" I said "Really? You want it at home?" and he said "Yeeeeesssss. At home in my bedroom. And we will be dancin. And we will be eatin cakes. And dancin." ROFL! I think he was talking about an episode of Curious George that he watched yesterday

Shelley, Jonah would absolutely wear princess attire!

Maybe you could write "Prince or Princess attire" Our craft store has really cheap crowns and other "royal" accessories for super cheap (like a dollar each) I would buy for any boys or girls who forget or don't have anything

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
April 26th, 2012, 05:12 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I'm not sure!! I really went all out with his Cars themed 3rd Birthday last year, so its going to be a difficult one to top I have his sisters 6th and 2nd birthday plus a baby to give birth to before his birthday though, so i haven't given it much thought.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (7), Oliver (5), Mianna (3) and Harper (1), WTTC our first together, in 2015.

April 26th, 2012, 09:08 AM
Olivia&DelilahsMommy's Avatar Married to my soulmate :)
We will rent a bounce house again, Delilah loved that. We will have it here at our house and invite our friends from playgroup as well as our family from FL. Our family from FL came up last year for it, even though her party was the same weekend Tropical Storm Lee came through. It was still fun though.
I'm not sure on a theme though, as for right now it would be Tangled. She's obsessed with Rapunzel.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!!
April 26th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Sonshine1296's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have no idea. Since we just moved to a place where we don't know many people we will probably have something small. I'm hoping for at the park but in AZ that wasn't possible so we'll see how the temps are here then.

April 27th, 2012, 07:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think I'm just going to do a cook-out at a shelter house at the lake out here. It'll mostly be a party for Jackson, and I really want it to focus on him since the baby will be a couple weeks old by then. But it will also be a chance for some of my family to meet the baby as well. Like I said though, I want it to focus on Jackson!

Eventually I'll have a siggy.

My Photography Blog

April 29th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Veteran
I refuse to believe she's turning four. <3
iluvgummies likes this.

Coming home after 4 weeks in the NICU!
April 30th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm not sure. I haven't asked her yet! We live pretty far from familly, so we might go to my parents house and have her party there so that our family can all attend. That said, she has a couple friends here, so she might want a party with them instead. Not sure! She does have a couple friends back home as well. I need to start thinking about it

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
April 30th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Ninky's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking we'll do a My Little Pony theme. But her party will be combined with DH's and BIL's (DH is Sept 10, Robin is 11, BIL is the 15).

I didn't think of the bounce house... I'll have to talk with MIL and see what she thinks of doing that... it sounds like it could be fun!

Pounds Lost: 56.8
May 2nd, 2012, 07:48 AM
kalis's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thea wants Rapunzel with a Flynn Rider and a Rapunzel cake! That is what she says she wants as of now.
She did mention owls and I would love to make an owl cake and have a little woodland creatures theme. But I also had some ideas for a carnival theme. It would be fun to do carnival games and food.
I will do whichever one she picks though.
Usually we have it at our house and I like doing that but this year she has more friends that she wants to invite, so I need to decide where to have it too.
May 2nd, 2012, 11:09 AM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalis View Post
She did mention owls and I would love to make an owl cake and have a little woodland creatures theme. .
Evie has been going between fire fighters and owls! I think she will ultimately pick owls, because she has said that one more than fire fighters. I think it's an adorable party theme. I might mix it with an ice cream theme as well.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
May 9th, 2012, 07:05 AM
alicia1984's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just moved into a bigger home with a nice sized yard sor we'll more than likely just have a party at home for the family Not sure if I'm going to combine Dominic and Jordin's b-day party since they're 9 days apart. I think Jordin's b-day falls on Labor day this year. And I think I'm off soooooo we'll see what happens.

May 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Scott wants to go camping so that is what we will be doing

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search