Double stroller?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By kallie74

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 6th, 2012, 02:13 PM
maddy and tommy's mommy's Avatar Lovin my precious kiddos!
Those of you who have two kiddos, one who can walk, etc., did you need a double stroller? Trying to decide if we need one once little guy is born...

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!
May 6th, 2012, 05:06 PM
~Michele~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
When Elliot was 3 and Max was 6 months, we bought a sit and stand. Max was getting to big to schelp in the Moby and Elliot had to get to school 3 days a week and we would walk since it was 4.5 blocks away. I loved the sit and stand in the beginning and Elliot loved it because he could stand (or sit) but it got so hard to push once Max turned a year. My sister had a side by side double jogging stroller that I loved (except when her kids would fight and hit each other in it).

May 6th, 2012, 05:37 PM
doremi's Avatar Team Blue Mama of Two
If I were going to get a double, I think I would want the Baby Trend City Mini Double. I'm still debating too... I think we are going to do without and use the single plus ergo in the beginning, then switch to our double wagon for those rare times when we want a spot for both kids to sit. Josiah prefers riding in his wagon anyways and we rarely use the stroller.

May 6th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Lily and Vi were 19 months apart, so my SIL bought us one of the deluxe sit 'n stands. You could have it with 2 jump seats, or remove the back jump seat and have it be the sit 'n stand. It was okay.

This baby and Violet will be just over 2 years apart and I doubt I'll use it much though. Vi just prefers to walk, and so does Lily, so I'll probably just use the Beco carrier for the baby and then a regular stroller now and then.

May 6th, 2012, 09:39 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jonah was just starting to walk still when Eve was born, so our double got a LOT of use. I have a side by side jogger and I really like it. It fits through almost all doors, because of building codes- although it looks sometimes like it won't fit, I've never not been able to get into a building because of the stroller.

Now, however. The kids do fight. They do the whole "That's my side, that's your side, don't touch me, I'm not touching you, you looked at me..." bit. They also fight over whether or not to leave the canopy open. Jonah hates for the sun to be in his face, but Eve for whatever reason hates the canopy to be open. Whatever. It's so frustrating.

If Jonah were this age when I was having my second, I can't say that I would use it all that much though. At this point, Jonah likes to walk. I've stopped carting it around to most places, and honestly sometimes even leave the small umbrella stroller in the car because Eve often rejects sitting in the stroller too! So I am not sure if we would use it even if I had another baby right now with Eve being younger still.

I know a lot of people like the sit n stands, but I felt it was a little too long. I was really nervous about being able to steer it. The double jogger turns so well, it is actually less cumbersome than our single stroller!

Joovy Caboose Stand On Tandem Stroller

Someone posted that link to a group I am on on facebook. I haven't looked at all the details, but the stroller itself looks like a good size that I might consider if I were having a baby really soon

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
May 7th, 2012, 04:49 AM
kallie74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
With our kids 28 mos apart, we used the SIT & STAND stroller *A TON.* While on maternity leave we went to the zoo about once a week and I used the stroller there every single time. I love the SIT & STAND style when you have an older child because they can sit or stand on the back and easily get off & on by themselves, which was perfect for trips to the zoo, mall, etc. where my older daughter wanted to ride some but also be able to hop off and walk some too.

And when she wasn't riding on the stroller, the back served as my shopping cart at the mall to hold more bags!

We actually just got rid of our sit & stand this week and donated it to our church garage sale. Both of my kids are now plenty old enough to walk everywhere we go...

With your oldest being quite a bit older than when I got our double-stroller, not sure you really need a double stroller... if Maddie likes to mostly walk, then maybe you don't need one.

christmas 2011 - so excited for Santa

Last edited by kallie74; May 7th, 2012 at 02:02 PM.
May 7th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We have a Graco duo glider - hate it, except that it fits our car seat and fits in my trunk and fits through most places okay.
We have a Baby Trend double jogger and it's great except for shopping. Can't get through the aisles too well. It fits through doors though - barely. The boys don't fight much remarkably.
Aaron still likes to have a seat in the stroller, although he's perfectly fine walking unless we're going for a super long walk. I wish we could afford and have room for the Joovy Big Caboose (2 seats and a sit and stand on the back), but we don't.
So you just have to think of what Maddy's going to want and what your needs are based on what activities you usually do.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

May 7th, 2012, 03:45 PM
blondie-lox's Avatar Do NOT feed the Troll
I bought a sit n stand double before Fallon was born. I used it 3 times and then sold it. Lincoln walks just fine, I never used the double.

Huge thanks to *Kiliki* for the FANTABULOUS new siggy!!
May 7th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Diana, I've seen attachments for double joggers for infants. It makes me kind of nervous though, the way they look on there, I don't know if I'd be able to use it LOL but I've actually seen a couple of moms running in the neighborhood with a preschooler, toddler, and newborn! I am pretty sure it is something that can be bought separately and attached to the jogger, but not sure about baby trend brand

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
May 7th, 2012, 07:50 PM
Veteran
My kids are all 13 months apart so our experience with double strollers is extensive. If I was just now having baby #2 I would get a nice single (like Britax B Agile or Baby Jogger City Mini depending on your car seat choice) and a buggy board.

Coming home after 4 weeks in the NICU!
May 8th, 2012, 09:44 AM
Jintana's Avatar Dragoness
It's very pricey, but the Orbit stroller with the skateboard attachment is full of awesome.

May 8th, 2012, 04:39 PM
kll074's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a Phil and Teds and LOVE IT! We still use it alot because we regularly go to Sea World, take long walks on paths around a nearby lake and the zoo. Kaitlin prefers to walk, but sometimes is tired and then hitches a ride. Kendall is just plain lazy!

It is super light weight, easy to turn and small enough to take shopping!
[

May 9th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We bought the Peg Perego Duette. I LOVE THIS STROLLER. It is AMAZING. I can't say enough good things about it. It's expensive, but that's the only drawback to me. The seats both come off and you can face them whichever way you want. Lexy was 2 yrs 4 mos when Julianna was born, and I used the stroller a ton to take them on walks back then. Now that Lexy is 3 1/2, we leave the rear seat on the stroller for Julianna, and if Lexy needs to rest a bit, she just sits on the platform where the front seat would sit. We leave the front seat off because Lexy doesn't rest long enough to require a seat, plus she LOVES riding on the platform, and Julianna can see more because she doesn't have a seat in front of her.

I can't WAIT to use this stroller again when baby #3 comes along!

Thank you Kiliki... for my adorable signature!
May 9th, 2012, 02:13 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a double from when DD was little and Scotty was born...used it maybe a handful of times at best. Used it even less with Scotty and Nathan (they are 27m apart).

When we would go some where I would just take a single stroller and wear the baby and the big kid would ride. When the baby want it's own space the big kid would walk and the baby got a ride in the stroller. Worked for us.

I really feel like we wasted our money on a double stroller. But those buggy board look cool!

May 10th, 2012, 06:38 AM
maddy and tommy's mommy's Avatar Lovin my precious kiddos!
Thanks ladies! Maddy will be almost 4, so I think it'll be a waste of $. I can always get one later if need be.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my awesome siggy!
May 10th, 2012, 09:10 AM
iluvgummies's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
At this age I probably wouldn't do a double. Dominic hates being in the stroller and usually no matter where we go by the time he's tired of walking we're all tired and done. A sit & stand one might be nice, though. Me personally I'd just wait & see if the need comes up.

Cara's sweethearts

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search