Potty training check-in

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 01:29 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Keller started sitting down too, unless he was outside. Silly kid would sit on the potty and bend all the way over until his hands were practically on the ground in front of him. LOL

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
May 31st, 2012, 02:42 PM
MyBabyBear's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Michaela is day trained she still wears a pull up at night and it's typically dry in the morning but I just like that added security and not having to wake at 3 am to change sheets.

My beautiful siggy was made by (Heather) Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* - thank you!

May 31st, 2012, 08:49 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post

Now that Paulie is 2, I keep thinking about trying to potty train him, but he's a BOY, what do I do with him!!!!!
Alexander was actually a lot easier to train than Mia. I don't know if it's because he is a boy or just his personality but he just didn't freak out about it the way Mia did. But in the end they both trained around the same age, just with a different approach to it.

June 1st, 2012, 08:35 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post
Kate is night and day trained and has been since the day we started.... I didn't even train her, Lily did.. LOL

Julia on the other hand will be 6 in July and still wets every night. She is starting to get really embarrassed about it and we have been trying to deal with that recently.

Now that Paulie is 2, I keep thinking about trying to potty train him, but he's a BOY, what do I do with him!!!!!
Have you considered getting Julia a bed wetting alarm? We have one for Ben and while it hasn't completely fixed the problem, at least now he doesn't ever have to wear pull-ups to bed and he is dry at night probably at least 75% of the time. I almost never change his bedding at night either because the alarm wakes him up before any of it gets wet. Might be something to look into.

I've trained 4 boys and no girls, so I can't really do a comparison, but I would say you could probably approach it the same way. I trained all my boys to sit to pee and if they want to figure out how to stand they can figure it out later. They can always learn on their own to stand, but I figured they should all know how to sit!

Reid is day trained but he still wears a pull up at night. I was going to start working on that once Ben was done with the bed wetting alarm but I'm not in a rush at this point.
June 1st, 2012, 05:13 PM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Brennan is fully day trained, but not night trained yet (wears a Pull-Up). He recently said he wanted to stand up to pee and I asked why and he said because a friend at school does it that way. Oh, okay!

He doesn't ask me to help now unless it's to help with wiping after #2...... Do you all still help your LOs with that, too, or should I be trying harder to get him to do this on his own?
June 1st, 2012, 05:31 PM
Julka
Ali, I actually help both my girls with wiping #2. They are both capable doing it on their own and sometimes do, but at home it's just easier... we also use flushable wipes only, not toilet paper for #2.
June 1st, 2012, 05:36 PM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Ali, I actually help both my girls with wiping #2. They are both capable doing it on their own and sometimes do, but at home it's just easier... we also use flushable wipes only, not toilet paper for #2.
Okay, thanks -- I honestly can't imagine not helping him with this still! LOL And, yep, we use the flushable wipes only, too.
Julka likes this.
June 1st, 2012, 05:59 PM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Kyle has been day trained for almost 2 years, but he still has to wear a diaper every night. I think he has only woken up dry like one time ever. I imagine him being 8 by the time he is night time trained! I wonder if its genetic or something, I remember my brother having a really hard time with it, and also my niece. Both of them had to get the alarm thing and were like 8 by the time they were trained. Ugh, it sucks!

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
June 1st, 2012, 06:26 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Elizabeth is dry day and night, my only one of five lol
June 2nd, 2012, 10:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali15 View Post
Do you all still help your LOs with that, too, or should I be trying harder to get him to do this on his own?
I usually started teaching my guys how to do it on their own at around 4 years old. Right now I'm working on this with Reid. Some take longer than others to get it right!
OurSweetLabs and Ali15 like this.
June 2nd, 2012, 06:16 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Elizabeth is pretty much day trained. In the past couple weeks she's been having accidents but she is FULLY capable of not because if shes wearing an outfit or a dress she really likes she won't pee! Night time - we're working on it, but not pushing it. Still in a pullup.

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
June 2nd, 2012, 07:27 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Eric just recently got the hang of wiping #2 - I started teaching him around 4, but it took a good while!
Ali15 likes this.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
June 3rd, 2012, 05:09 AM
curlesue's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ben has been day trained for 1.5 years... but only just recently night trained... (more because I didn't want to wake up in the night to change the sheets... his pull up was always dry, ...I was lazy). We ran out of pullups and didn't have a choice but to stick him in just pjs... he's been fine. Figures.

June 12th, 2012, 06:22 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
David is day and night trained, but still has the odd accident every 3-4 months. He had a night accident after crawling in my bed while I was preggo, after that I got him a cloth pull up type thing.

As for wiping I am glad to hear they don't all know how.

June 13th, 2012, 10:07 AM
blessdmommy's Avatar Happy mama to 3!
Send a message via AIM to blessdmommy
jack is completely potty trained day/night. It took forever though ( or what I thought was forever) because at the time, he was nonverbal.

Mama to 3, expecting #4 in December!

June 14th, 2012, 12:30 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have to help with wiping. I make Mia wipe first and then I'll make sure she is clean. My goal is to have her completely independent by the time she starts kindergarten, so a little over a year now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search