Potty training check-in

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 30th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Julka
So... is everyone potty trained? Anyone wearing night-time pull-ups? Anyone still having occasional accidents? Just curious.
May 30th, 2012, 09:37 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cooper is day trained but not yet night trained (he wears a pull up).

I figure we can focus more on the night training over the summer when we can control how much he drinks during the day and start cutting fluids earlier. If he doesn't make progress I'm not concerned though, I know some kids take longer to night train.

He's only ever had one accident that I know of and it's because DH was tickling him and he was laughing so hard he couldn't hold it in!
May 30th, 2012, 09:48 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Leah is fully trained. I think it was back in November that we finally got her to poo on the potty and she's been great ever since.

There was one time in the last month or so that she had to go pee so bad that she forgot to pull down her underwear before sitting on the potty. Oops.

May 30th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngwoman View Post
There was one time in the last month or so that she had to go pee so bad that she forgot to pull down her underwear before sitting on the potty. Oops.
We had that happen here too she was so embarrassed, she cried & cried! LOL

Veronika is both day and night trained and has been for nearly two years. Her issue is she sometimes waits tooooooo long to go and ends up jumping up & down or running to the bathroom and sometimes doesn't quite make it. But I know it's because she's just being lazy. It only happens once every couple of months.
May 30th, 2012, 10:04 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I think Keller is the same as Veronika. He is day and night trained - it's pretty funny actually to sometimes here him patter down the hall at 2am and tinkle and patter back to his room. LOL

Sometimes if he is doing something really fun he will delay going and I can tell he's doing the little potty dance so I make him go. He usually makes it anyway, but he's gotta learn that he can just go and then come back and toys will be here still!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
May 30th, 2012, 10:07 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Carrie's been done for probably a year and a half. She day and night trained at the same time. I've been thinking about giving Miss Katy a shot this summer, but we'll see. She's pretty young, but I am looking forward to a day with no diapers.
May 30th, 2012, 10:13 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Keeley is trained fully and has been for 18 months, she has the odd accident when she's too busy and goes at the last second.

May 30th, 2012, 10:18 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yeah, Leah's another one who waits until the last possible second. She almost always makes it but when I see her "dancing", I know it's time to tell her to just leave the toys and GO!
KellersMom517 likes this.

May 30th, 2012, 10:41 AM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kate has beenday and night trained since she was two. Although I agree there are times when I see her running to the potty. lol All I can say is she has a way bigger bladder than I do. The child drinks plenty of fluids yet she can hold is far longer than me!

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

May 30th, 2012, 01:01 PM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
Birk is fully trained but still has occasional accidents every now and then.

May 30th, 2012, 01:07 PM
TwoSweetGirls's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All trained here, day and night. We trained Marleigh last January I think it was. She was way ready so we got lucky!
May 30th, 2012, 01:17 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think it's been over a year and a half now since Mia has been potty trained. She was night trained long before day trained. Her thing right now is wanting DH or me to take her to the bathroom. It's not like they are far away or anything, she just doesn't want to go alone. This has only been going on the last couple months. Before that she would go on her own just fine.

May 30th, 2012, 01:55 PM
Julka
Tanya, Veronika has those phases too. It's this, "I need someone to come with me to the bathroom" deal. So frustrating! She would do it for 2-3 weeks, then be fine going alone, then do it again. We usually send Natasha with her.
May 30th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Carrie can hold it sooo long. Forever...to the point where I wonder if it's healthy. She is scared of public toilets, so won't go when we are out, even if it's the entire day. Never has an accident either. Once on a road trip she held it for 18 hours even though I was pushing fluids. I was practically begging the kid to pee, lol. She's never had a UTI though, so I guess she's okay.
May 30th, 2012, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Addy is only day trained. She will also sometimes wait until she starts grabbing herself. I don't think she will night train anytime soon either. Her big sis night trained way easier. I wish she was ready for night, but even with us stopping fluids at dinner and having her go before bed, she is always wet in the am.
May 30th, 2012, 03:37 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
No.

Sigh.

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
May 31st, 2012, 11:09 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Kate is night and day trained and has been since the day we started.... I didn't even train her, Lily did.. LOL

Julia on the other hand will be 6 in July and still wets every night. She is starting to get really embarrassed about it and we have been trying to deal with that recently.

Now that Paulie is 2, I keep thinking about trying to potty train him, but he's a BOY, what do I do with him!!!!!
TallyGirl22 likes this.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
May 31st, 2012, 11:20 AM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle View Post

Now that Paulie is 2, I keep thinking about trying to potty train him, but he's a BOY, what do I do with him!!!!!
Yah, that worries me too down the road since I only potty trained girls. What I've been told so far is to get DH to take him to the bathroom and demonstrate how it's done LOL. Not that I have experience to say whether it works or not, just what people keep telling me!!
May 31st, 2012, 11:25 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Just let him pee outside - it will fascinate him. LOL

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
May 31st, 2012, 12:16 PM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Outside and down a drain in the laundry room are great for teaching them to aim while standing up. Otherwise, honestly, I taught Eric to sit down and tuck his penis down... He didn't start standing up to pee until he saw other kids doing it at preschool, and then he taught himself.

Then again, I'm the potty training failure with one kid that took until 3.5 and the other that still isn't at 4...so maybe you don't want my advice

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search