Here we go!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2012, 01:00 PM
Joliving4Jesus's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
My period started today, I go in on Saturday morning for my baseline ultrasound and blood work and will be getting an endometrial biopsy, then I start my meds the same day to begin our IVF cycle, I am excited and nervous, thoughts and prayers are much appreciated, I will keep you all updated on the process!

May 31st, 2012, 09:24 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Prayers being said. Good luck!!!
June 1st, 2012, 03:35 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Good luck!

June 1st, 2012, 07:35 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Wish you all the best and success!

June 1st, 2012, 10:59 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Do you have your protocol yet or will you get that after your Day 3 tests? Just curious what stims and dose they're going to go with for you. I'll anxiously be waiting on your updates as you go!

This is bringing back so many memories that seem like a whole lifetime ago. I'm really really hoping for positive results for you.

June 1st, 2012, 11:11 AM
Nekinna2402's Avatar Anniken <3 Tanja
Send a message via MSN to Nekinna2402
Good luck

June 1st, 2012, 01:48 PM
Send a message via AIM to Joliving4Jesus Send a message via Yahoo to Joliving4Jesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMommyProject View Post
Do you have your protocol yet or will you get that after your Day 3 tests? Just curious what stims and dose they're going to go with for you. I'll anxiously be waiting on your updates as you go!

This is bringing back so many memories that seem like a whole lifetime ago. I'm really really hoping for positive results for you.
I get my dosages tomorrow when I go in for CD 3, but I know I am doing a flare protocol, I believe I am starting with 200 mg of follistim a day and thats the extent of what I know until tomorrow, I know I am starting lupron with the follistim.

Thank you everyone, I am excited and really praying this brings us good results we have been waiting for, for years!

June 2nd, 2012, 09:44 AM
GirliMumi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Fingers crossed!!!
June 5th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thinking of you Jo!!! Sending heaps of p&pt your way!!!

<3

<3
June 5th, 2012, 12:02 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
exciting!
June 5th, 2012, 02:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hope our appointment went well and can't wait for hopefully good news!

June 6th, 2012, 06:57 PM
Things are moving along sooo fast! I went in on CD 3, had an endometrial biospy (helps implantation), got my ultrasound where they seen 19 follies, I started my medication, 5 units of Lupron once a day, 150 IU follistim once a day, and 1 dexamethasone once a day since I know you were wondering Gillian!

I went back in yesterday CD 7 to see how things were going and they were quite impressed, I have 7 follies over 10mm, with my biggest 14.5mm (they take them between 18mm 20mm), and 5 more almost 10mm, as well as so many smaller ones they couldn't count them all, they said this was awesome after only being on meds for 4 days. Due to the quick progression they have backed my meds down to 75 IU of follistim and added another med called menopur, 75 IU once a day with the follistim for only 2 more nights, I go back Friday morning, they are thinking I may already be ready by then to trigger Friday nignt and have egg retrieval as early as Sunday morning! Eeek, thats way sooner than I thought but I've turned out to be a super good responder to the meds and I'm on very low doses.

The injections haven't been too bad, I thought they would be much worse but I have tiny pin dots all over my lower tummy, totally worth it if this works! I started a blog about my journey if any of you want to follow it, here is the link:

A mothers struggle to beat infertility

I will let you all know how things go Friday!

June 6th, 2012, 08:06 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Oh wow CD7 already! The follie count is sounding really good. I had similar counts and always ended up with a dozen or so good eggs. If memory serves me correctly, I think it's about 2mm growth per day. My guess would be a Monday retrieval, but I'm no RE.

I'm glad you're doing well with the injections. They really aren't so bad. The first one took me an hour just to get up the nerve, but after that it was easy.

Keep up with the great progress and let us know how the retrieval goes.

Oh, and one other curiosity question... Have you discussed if you'll do day 3 or 5 transfer yet?

June 6th, 2012, 08:51 PM
We will be doing a 5 day transfer if possible which they feel we'll have no issues getting to. We wanted low doses of meds for the risk of OHSS and not wanting to have too many left over embryo's as in our Christian faith there isn't anything we believe in doing with them besides using them all, and we don't want 10 children either well I actually see nothing wrong in donating embryo's to an infertile couple if someone can live with that, but we couldn't live with knowing we had a biological child out there with another family...so we're hoping we'll get the perfect amount to transfer and then freeze. There is a strong chance of twins the first time so I am hoping to have 2-4 embies to freeze in case we were to fail and wanted to go back for another child/children in the future, hoping and praying it all works out!

Last edited by Joliving4Jesus; June 6th, 2012 at 08:54 PM.
June 7th, 2012, 07:00 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Aidan was a day 5 transfer of 2 embryos... hopefully you will have the same good fortunate I did with that combination!

The lab technology to get from Day 3 to Day 5 is so good now, that I think it's pretty rare to not go to that stage. I remember my first fresch cycle (this would be 7 years ago), there was still a lot of debate about going beyond Day 3 in lab, but even once we got to my 2nd and 3rd rounds, they were already well into Day 5 becoming the norm. So, I can only imagine how much better it is even now, just 5 more years later.

I'm really excited for you. I guess becaues of my own story, I really take so much interest in others going down the same path and I am always particularly pleased when it comes time to celebrate success!

June 8th, 2012, 03:16 PM
13-15 large eggs were seen today with several small ones, E2 levels 3135! They want the levels between 2000-4000 for egg retrieval, they have taken away my follistim completely, only menopur tonight, back tomorrow, high chance of triggering tomorrow and ER Monday, here we go!

June 9th, 2012, 10:43 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck. Sounds like everything is going well... I hope we get exciting news in the upcoming few weeks...

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

June 9th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Follies grew quite a bit more in just 24 hours, I am triggering tonight at 11:45pm, egg retrieval is 11:15am Monday morning, its right around the corner! So excited, they think I am going to have several to freeze and that all is going to go super well, thoughts and prayers that this is successful!

June 9th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Good luck with the retrieval!

June 10th, 2012, 09:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! Everything sounds so positive!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search