Packing travel lists......spin off thread!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2012, 08:43 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
So lots of us are soon off for family vacations, can't wait for ours!

Do you have a packing list that you use for trips? Is it a standard one that you add to each trip and use, do you make a new one for each trip, or just throw clothes in a bags for everyone?

Any packing essentials that you want to share?
June 21st, 2012, 09:41 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I always write a new packing list. I should probably type up a master list for future use, or I think I pinned one awhile back that I should just print out. At least before Disney anyway.

We always road trip now so I make sure I have snacks, a cooler for drinks, cash for any tolls, and chargers for the portable DVD player and cell phone.

June 21st, 2012, 09:57 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I always make a new list. It's quite detailed since I am packing for six people and get confused. I don't think a master list would work for us because every trip is different.
June 21st, 2012, 10:13 AM
I am doing a master packing list as we have a timeshare in BC that we go to for 2 weeks every year. I know it will change if we go camping etc. but I think it is a good place to start.
June 21st, 2012, 10:56 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Oh god. Ummm, yeah I'm a little over-organized! LOL I have a master list - its in Excel. But then I have separate sheets for baby vs. kid (ie diapers or bottles/formula, baby food, etc), I also have sub-lists for Disney, Camping, and ski vacations

Cell phone/camera/DVD player chargers is always something I forget. And I always hand write a note that says LOVEYS/BINKIES on the door b/c I can't get those out of the crib until the day we leave and I do NOT want to forget them.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
June 21st, 2012, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellersMom517 View Post
Oh god. Ummm, yeah I'm a little over-organized! LOL I have a master list - its in Excel. But then I have separate sheets for baby vs. kid (ie diapers or bottles/formula, baby food, etc), I also have sub-lists for Disney, Camping, and ski vacations

Cell phone/camera/DVD player chargers is always something I forget. And I always hand write a note that says LOVEYS/BINKIES on the door b/c I can't get those out of the crib until the day we leave and I do NOT want to forget them.
I seriously LOVE you! I aspire to have lists just like that!
June 21st, 2012, 11:56 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
LOL Andrea, I was just about to reply to Emily that I love her too! That sounds like my kind of list making!! And I always have to make sure I get Leah's blankie at the last minute too.

June 22nd, 2012, 04:49 PM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a master list that I keep on my ipod touch. I have it on there so it's small and portable and I can carry it around in my pocket while I'm packing. There are some things on there (mostly Disney stuff) that I don't always use but I don't delete anything just in case we need it in the future. Well, I guess there has been some stuff deleted like diapers and binkies, but that's about it. And I always pack for any possible scenario that might come up.

One of the things that we always seem to need on every trip are different sizes of ziploc bags. They are great for holding everything from snacks to a camera to dirty or wet clothes. And even though we don't have a baby any more we always have baby wipes in the car.

June 22nd, 2012, 06:47 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a mental list unless it's for several days involving several days of snacks/meals and in that case I just have a grocery list and then load all of the groceries in the car.

The main things on our packing list are the kids/adult clothes, shoes and toiletries, and Hugo's medicine. I am pretty laid-back, and as long as we have Hugo's medicine and a few extra outfits, we are good to go. We can pick up other things along the way if it's crucial... America is one giant strip-mall/Walmart/Kmart almost anywhere you go.

We're going to Disney World in the fall and driving so I will be sure to add a few more things, like their DVD players/DVDs and a huge travel bag that I prepacked ahead of time with entertainment for the ride. If I know we're going somewhere like that, I gather things way in advance so that I can grab the bag and go at the last minute.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search