Christmas shopping

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By youngwoman

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 10th, 2012, 05:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Carrie has already been saying for weeks that she wants a fur real pony for Christmas. Matt and I talked about it, and decided that they just cost too much. $120 for a stuffed walking pony? Come on now!

DH saw them on sale for $100 yesterday....and now there is one hiding in my garage, lol.

Spoiled Carrie....I should have known we'd give in!
Amazon.com: Baby Butterscotch My Magical Show Pony Figure: Toys & Games

Still left to do for the kids:
Three new bikes, and some kind of trike or ride-on for Katy
four of those light up pillow pet things
A voice activitated journal for Beth
One more small toy for both Matt and Katy

And that's it...at least for the kids.

How is your shopping coming along? Do the kids have a list together yet?
November 10th, 2012, 07:12 AM
Julka
I think it's funny you bought one for $100 but not for $120? lol, to me that's not much of a difference!

The only thing Veronika has been asking for is this:
Hungry Hungry Hippos - Hasbro - Toys "R" Us

They haven't really asked for much this Christmas. We don't go crazy for Christmas, a few small things each. The family goes crazy and so it's just ends up being too much stuff. I'll probably get each a few small toys, maybe an outfit, and some craft type stuff.
November 10th, 2012, 07:39 AM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post

The only thing Veronika has been asking for is this:
Hungry Hungry Hippos - Hasbro - Toys "R" Us
We have it and B loves it!

Haven't gotten B anything yet but he'll get some Legos, either from the superheroes line or the monster line. Must see some in the store before deciding just what he'll get.

He will also get some small things, a new pair of PJ's which is tradition. He really really really wants a new game for our PS3, and I'm not decided what to do about that yet. I'll see what I come across I guess.

November 10th, 2012, 09:52 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I need to find Christmas jammies...

Isla will be getting, I have no idea since she just had her birthday. Some play food for the kitchen definitely, maybe a scooter though she'd probably kill herself.

Keller will be getting some Legos & Playmobil stuff, a scooter, and an ironman transformer.

I'm trying not to go overboard like I did last year...it was too much.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
November 10th, 2012, 01:08 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just bought all of Ethan's big items yesterday. He is very spoiled but he's such a good kid, it's hard not to spoil him. I still have to get him stocking stuffers and stuff. I have to get Mason a few more toys but he's easy. I can't wait to see Ethan's face on Christmas morning

November 10th, 2012, 09:29 PM
We finished buying their gifts last week.

We bought Aizen:
Nerf N-Strike Stampede ECS-50 Blaster
True Heroes AB-115 Shark Plane
The Learning Journey Techno Gears Marble Mania Extreme 2.0
Fisher-Price Jake and the Never Land Pirates - Musical Pirate Ship Bucky

We bought Avery:
Peg Perego Raider Princess Motorized Tricycle
American Plastic My Very Own Nursery
Powell Craft — Red Girls at Play Doll

For both they got this:
KidKraft Uptown Play Kitchen, Espresso
KidKraft 27-Piece Kitchen Play Set
Learning Resources Rise & Shine Breakfast Pretend & Play Game
One Step Ahead — Can Opener & Play Can Set

Avery is still missing a present and I want to buy her this but my husband is saying no because the doll is $50 and she will just throw it around and write on it:
American Girl Itty Bitty Baby Doll
November 11th, 2012, 12:52 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
I have got all but one present for all kids and i'm so glad, and organised this year.

Keeley has this year a ipod touch, build a bear, a brave bow and arrow, a merrida doll and a few other things that i forgot what they are lol...ooops

November 11th, 2012, 08:59 AM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
We already gave our little girl her xmas present lol. We got her a blue eyed seal point himalayan kitten that is 7 weeks old. She named him Peaches. I'm sure we'll have 1 or 2 small things under the tree but that kitten was 150 bucks. It's full blooded himalayan so we thought we got a pretty great deal (we've seen them as high as 400).

Her Grandparents are loading her up this year (like every other year) so we typically spend around 200 on her for xmas.
November 11th, 2012, 05:55 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I have pretty much all my big stuff for the girls. Mainly just stocking stuffers.
I have learned over the last 10-15 yrs if I don't shop by Halloween it wont get done.

Most of the girls things are alike. That way there are fewer fights.

2 boxes of Disney wooden puzzles
2 games-1 fish game and chute and ladders. We bought Hungry Hippo last year. The girls love it.
2 dream lights
2 Loving Family cars. Well, 1 car and 1 van
2 leap pad games
and pjs and 2 outfits each.

We are also making them a Lego table. 1 small Ikea end table with lego base plates glued to it.
Dh will pick out some legos and something else from HIM.

Other than that I just have to pick up dh's gift. I have the $$ for it, know where to buy it-just need to pick it up.
November 12th, 2012, 05:37 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man, I loved playing Hungry Hungry Hippos when I was a kid! Fun!

I'm almost done shopping for Leah, just some stocking stuffers at this point. Her big gift is a dress-up rack for all her princess/fairy costumes as well as a few new dresses. I also bought the Tinkerbell fairy dolls, a couple movies, books, and the usual Xmas jammies.

I haven't bought a single thing for anyone else though. Shopping for Leah is way more fun!
SheilaRN likes this.

November 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty much done. Cooper is mostly getting books and a few movies from us. He gets a ton of toys elsewhere so I've restrained from going overboard.
November 12th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Brennan wants Hungry Hungry Hippos, too! So that will probably end up under the tree this year.

We don't go overboard on Christmas gifts either. Brennan also wants a doctor kit, so we're planning to get him a white lab coat with his name on it and some instruments; walkie talkies; maybe an outfit; some stocking stuffers...

Can't believe it's almost here! What I really need to do is figure out what Grey's getting for his 1st birthday since that is five days before Christmas...
November 12th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I haven't even started yet...

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 12th, 2012, 05:12 PM
lindseyp1019's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't even thought about starting yet. Kyle will get some sort of science kit. That kid is some sort of mad scientist I think! He'll get some Skylander games as well for the Xbox. I'm not sure what else, besides science he really isn't into anything perticular.

*Lindsey, proud mamma to Kyle and Cade!*
November 13th, 2012, 12:21 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I also haven't even started... I am behind this year because I am trying to finish my degree. Things are tight this year for everyone, so it won't be crazy like it has been in the past. At the moment she is hoping for anything My Little Pony related. I really want to get her a nice bike with training wheels since she loves to ride her trike so much. Then a few books and a big thing of new play-doh.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

November 14th, 2012, 12:15 PM
I ended up getting her this doll: Little Bailey Light - Middleton Playbabies I still haven't bought anything for anyone else though.
November 14th, 2012, 05:37 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My kids have way too much already and they have a lot of relatives that buy them gifts. I'm going to get them one big thing each and then stocking stuffers like a DVD each and allergen free candy.

Hugo's big thing is a student baritone horn. He's been asking Santa for a tuba since he was 1. It's time to give it a rest. I'm caving in this year since he's big enough.

Sergio said he wants nothing (what a great kid) but I'm getting him a Leap Pad set.

Last edited by HS&Fsmom; November 14th, 2012 at 05:40 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search