we need more help with names too!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By aprilmiracle
  • 1 Post By worried29

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 14th, 2012, 02:03 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have reservations about all the names on our lists. So lets hear your opinions!

Quentin- DH's not the biggest fan.
Clinton-Will everyone just think of the president?
Lincoln- Worried about Stinkin Lincoln as a terrible nn
Zander/Xander-our least favorite
Carter- we know someone who just named there baby Carter(we're not very close though)

Otherwise, we are having just a terrible time naming this poor baby. So glad we still have 17 weeks to go.
November 14th, 2012, 02:10 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Hate to say it...but I still like Lincoln the best Though I really do like Quentin too, and Carter. I think Linc is a super cute nickname - my brother has a friend named that, maybe I should ask him if he was stinkin. lol

I admit to nixing the name Ella because I was afraid kids would call her Ellaphant or something.

But listen, your kids are gonna be mad cool - no ones going to make fun of them. Keller could easily be called Keller the Smeller, but I'm just not gonna worry about it.

What about Corwin or Corbin? Tristan? I like Clinton too kinda, mostly because I think Clint is a pretty cool nickname. Kinda cowboy.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
November 14th, 2012, 02:13 PM
aprilmiracle's Avatar WTTC #2 in 2015
I prefer Lincoln too out of the names on your list. I know a super cute boy with the name, same age as our 08 kidlets, and never heard the nickname before. If kids want to pick on someone, it doesn't matter what their names are.
worried29 likes this.

November 14th, 2012, 02:21 PM
Julka
I like Lincoln best on your list too Like Julia said, kids will make fun of ANY name. Go with what you love.
November 14th, 2012, 02:49 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My name is pretty tough to mess with, so they made fun of my hair color. lol I believe as long as it isn't SUPER obvious like Dick Rammage (kid I went to school with) then you will be okay...

Of that list I agree I still prefer Lincoln and calling him Linc for short. Clinton does remind me of the president. Quentin has no way to shorten it and for some reason I fear they will just want to call him Q. Carter makes me think of the clothing brand Carters.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

November 14th, 2012, 03:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I like Clinton and Lincoln the best. I didn't think of the president or the nickname potential until I read what you typed after both names. Any name can be made fun of so just use what you like, unless the potential for insults is super obvious (Dick Rammage???? Are you serious??? ).

How about Quin instead of Quentin? I like Quin on a boy. But I am a fan of taking back the boy names that the girls seem to have stolen.
November 14th, 2012, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilmiracle View Post
...... If kids want to pick on someone, it doesn't matter what their names are.
I highly agree.
Bermuda Girl likes this.
November 14th, 2012, 04:51 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ohhhh I love Quin... That is a really nice name.

The sad thing is Dick Rammage has red curly hair. I felt that his parents must have HATED him.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

November 14th, 2012, 05:27 PM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
I like Lincoln -- Linc is an adorable NN!

I also like Carter -- I don't think of the clothing brand (but can see how someone would!) because I know two little boys named Carter and they are sweet and adorable and I think of them before the clothes.
November 14th, 2012, 05:56 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still like Lincoln the best too. And I agree, if kids are gonna make fun, they'll find a way to do it no matter what. I still remember being in Kindergarten and one boy said to me, "A-man-DUH". Lame. I say go with whatever you both like and agree on!

November 14th, 2012, 06:11 PM
Thanks ladies! You made me feel so much better about still using Lincoln. I am going to ask DH tonight if he still is interested in the name.
November 14th, 2012, 06:32 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was going to say Clinton!!
But Lincoln matches your other sons' names well too.

November 15th, 2012, 09:20 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
I agree with everyone, I prefer Lincoln the best, and I think it fits with the boys names.

what does your hubby say?
November 15th, 2012, 07:07 PM
He still really likes the name but doesn't like the idea that someone already pointed out the terrible nickname. So I guess we are going to continue looking through options. But I would be surprised if this sweet baby ends up with a different name other than Lincoln.
November 16th, 2012, 08:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I like Lincoln too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search