Pregnancy Update

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By 4 boys

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I didn't ever join the May '13 DDC so you ladies get to bear the brunt of all my pregnancy musings.

So I can't get a midwife. A new one started this month but as it turns out, she's picked all her clients for May and I'm not one of them. So oh well. I haven't seen a doctor for a pregnancy since Toby and I haven't had a hospital birth since Ben so this should be interesting. Hopefully in a good way.

Second, sorry to disappoint you all, but we will not be finding out the gender of our baby, unless the local hospital will tell us at my 20-week u/s. So I'm for sure going to ask when we go, and we did find out what Ben was that way, so maybe it'll work. If not, we're all in for a surprise. For the record, DH is convinced it's a girl and I'm leaning that way myself, but you know, who knows!

I'm 14 weeks now and my uterus is higher than my belly button, so it's way ahead of itself, but that happens with all my pregnancies so it may not mean anything. My next appt is Dec. 5 so we'll see what my Dr. says then. And I'm totally showing, but I can still fit into my stretchier jeans, which is good, because I don't really have any maternity clothes currently.

Thanks for letting me share.
Julka, quietsong and Ali15 like this.
November 24th, 2012, 05:45 PM
Julka
I am sorry you can't get a midwife. Do you live in a really small town that looking for a midwife elsewhere is impossible (I'm guessing)? But hey, hospital births aren't so bad! I hope they bend the rules and tell you the gender, but a surprise is definitely exciting as well.
November 24th, 2012, 07:00 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Hope the hospital birth will work out fine!! I had them with both my boys, but a midwife attended. There aren't other options here. They sound kind of strange in your area though... they won't reveal the baby's gender? I hope it will accidentally show itself to you!

November 24th, 2012, 07:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Maybe you'll get to see the gender anyway. I wanted Carrie to be a surprise, but the second the ultrasound image came on the screen I could see she was a girl.
November 24th, 2012, 07:37 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yup, small town where two midwives are serving a huge rural area with many small towns in it. So no, elsewhere is not an option.

And yes, our hospital is the only one I know that doesn't reveal gender. I'm not sure what their hangup is because everywhere else does. Maybe I'll get a sneak peek anyway but we'll have to see. Maybe it depends which tech I get, who knows.
November 26th, 2012, 04:59 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Good luck, Erin! My hospital was fabulously supportive, and I hope yours ends up going well too. My fingers are crossed that you get someone that will tell you gender, though, I'll admit!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
November 26th, 2012, 08:50 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
That is sucky about not getting a mid-wife, hopefully the hospital will be supportive in your choices.

I have heard about other hospitals not giving out gender, but maybe you will get lucky!
December 2nd, 2012, 09:16 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sorry about the midwife not working out! I will also be rooting for you to see the goods. Best wishes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search