Christmas presents for Grandparents

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
I struggle every year with gifts for Jack to give his grandparents.

What do you do? Does your 4 year old make something, buy something, or do you forget the special presents for grandparents?
November 27th, 2012, 03:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I have often done photo gifts. Like, mugs with the kids' pictures on them, and more recently I've been making them calendars of the kids every year. It's not too expensive and it's personal. Plus, you can make one every year.
November 28th, 2012, 04:51 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do calendars each year with photos of Leah. They all loved it the first year I made one and now they pretty much anticipate their new one! Snapfish always does a Buy 1, Get 2 Free deal so I also send one to my own grandparents.

November 28th, 2012, 05:03 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You can go to a pottery painting place and make a trivet or platter with their handprints on it and get it glazed. Those come out cute, or ceramic ornaments of the same.

This year I framed a photo collage. Then we just get them other stuff they want.

November 28th, 2012, 07:10 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Photo Calendars are pretty popular for the girls G-parents. I was thinking of doing a stepping stone for each of them this year. I thought it would be cute to have the girl's hand or foot prints on them.
November 29th, 2012, 06:38 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We do a photo book for them. That is all they get from us. We're not big on exchanging gifts.
November 29th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Julka
Not sure.. they have a "kid-only" thing this year, no presents for adults.
November 29th, 2012, 10:13 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
The grandparents actually get presents from DH, not the kids. He uses Christmas as an excuse to do some woodworking in his garage usually. LOL - this year they are getting BEAUTIFUL cutting boards from exotic wood..I made sure I am getting one too. Last year it was a calendar combining Eric's photos and my recipes, and the year before it was a 3 bottle wooden wine holder.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
November 30th, 2012, 12:14 PM
alanahs_mama's Avatar Veteran
I actually got the idea off here from someone who had made a post earlier this month or maybe last month to do a calendar for the Gparents. We have never done them before so I am so excited to give it to them. Walmart charged us 15.00 per calendar but we got 13 months on it.

Plus to boot, I had my daughter decorate glass ornaments for them as well. I think the crafty gifts to the grandparents are a great touch

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search