Night time potty training

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By 4 boys
  • 1 Post By Julka
  • 4 Post By KellersMom517

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 5th, 2012, 11:39 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Rachel's post got me wondering.... am I the only one whose kid is not night time potty trained?

Cooper still wakes up with a wet pullup. There have been a few random occasions where he wakes up dry but not frequent enough to try without a pull up.

Any suggestions on night time training? I don't want to rush him but wonder if he's just being lazy?
December 5th, 2012, 12:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nope, Reid is still in pull-ups too and rarely if ever has a dry night. I really don't know if there is anything you can do for night time training. I think they just have to start doing it on their own and it's sooo hard to judge if they are being lazy or what.

If Reid is still wet I think I might try the bedwetting alarm for him once he's about 5.5 or 6. Until then, we'll see if he outgrows it.

Of course, there are other things you can try, like limiting evening beverages, or waking him up at midnight to go, etc. But I think they just have to outgrow it.
SheilaRN and MommyToCooper like this.
December 5th, 2012, 08:18 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ethan is night time potty trained and just recently started waking up periodically to potty. He basically potty trained himself, day and night. I'm sure Cooper will do it overnight when he's ready. I've been told that it takes some kids longer to pt overnight than others.

December 6th, 2012, 04:52 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I agree, Cooper will probably end up doing it on his own without even realizing it. I think it's related to bladder maturity and each kid just develops at a different rate. Leah was waking up dry before she ever agreed to sit on a potty during the day - we didn't do anything differently, her body was just physically ready before her emotional maturity caught up. I'm sure it's something he'll outgrow.

December 6th, 2012, 10:29 AM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Same here. Brennan still wakes up in the morning with a wet Pull-Up often, too.
December 6th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Julka
Have you ladies who still do a pull-up at night tried putting them without a pull-up? I have heard that often times they pee because in the back of their heads, they *know* they have a pull-up on... & once mentally they know they are in undies, they might stop peeing at night. But that's just something I heard from moms of boys.. not personal experience, obviously, altho. being as Sebastian pees SO much every night that his overnight diapers leak like crazy, we might still be in pull-ups ourselves here at night in like 3 years, lol
December 6th, 2012, 12:13 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Have you ladies who still do a pull-up at night tried putting them without a pull-up?
We tried once. Cooper was adamant that he was not going to pee at night and asked to go to bed with undies and we let him. He was soaked when he woke up, even wetting his clothes didn't wake him up
December 6th, 2012, 12:19 PM
Julka
Awww Well... he'll get there! Prob. just needs a bit more time.
MommyToCooper likes this.
December 6th, 2012, 12:39 PM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
If he is a super deep sleeper, it just might take a while. My poor brother wet the bed until he was about 8 because he just couldn't wake up. But he is happily married now, has lots of friends, and as far as I know, wakes up dry. So it will get better eventually

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
December 6th, 2012, 01:26 PM
happyhme44's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellersMom517 View Post
If he is a super deep sleeper, it just might take a while. My poor brother wet the bed until he was about 8 because he just couldn't wake up. But he is happily married now, has lots of friends, and as far as I know, wakes up dry. So it will get better eventually
LMAO! Good to know he now wakes up dry. haha!!!

For Kate she needed to know the diaper was gone. For some reason it was super important to her that she wake up to pee. She made a few mistakes but they were so upsetting to her that she tried her best not to do it again. Plus I was waking her up in the middle of the night to go potty every single night. I never made it a big deal but to her it always was. Also keep in mind she has a HUGE bladder. The child can hold it forever. It can be that his bladder isn't mature enough, he sleeps too heavy, or he knows he has a pull up. I am sure its that he sleeps too heavy and eventually he will get it.

~Thank you Claire for my beautiful siggy!~

December 8th, 2012, 08:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We are still in pull ups at night here too.
December 10th, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ali15's Avatar LovingMy3Miracles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Have you ladies who still do a pull-up at night tried putting them without a pull-up?
We have tried, too. In fact, Brennan really wanted to try with undies a while ago. DH and I were very supportive of that. But he woke up soaked just as often. He still wanted to go without a Pull-Up, but eventually after a few weeks of this I gently suggested them to Brennan again because while we have a mattress protector it's not COMPLETELY waterproof; and man I got tired of changing sheets so often! Sometimes I'm a little sad that I urged him away from undies at night, but... It's just what we needed at the time. I will say this was a while ago, so maybe undies at night is something we can try again now and see what happens...? He's also a very hard sleeper, so that may be part of it for him, too.
December 11th, 2012, 03:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Addy is also still in pull ups. She had a two week period where she did fairly well, but then started peeing every night again. I was doing too much laundry and showering her too much. I think we may try going without again over Christmas vacation when we don't have to get up for school.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search