Teachers / bus drivers

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By KellersMom517
  • 1 Post By Bermuda Girl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 11th, 2012, 07:17 AM
Julka
What are you giving your kids' teachers and school bus drivers (if they ride the bus) this year for Christmas? Are you doing any Christmas goody bags for the kids?
December 11th, 2012, 10:24 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
I'm not doing goody bags but I will bring in a treat for their Christmas party at the end of the week!

His teachers are getting gift sets of wine charms, cocktail napkins, and a cute little spreader knife for cheeses and stuff. I just found them on Zulily and they looked cute, just came today! yay!
Julka likes this.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
December 11th, 2012, 11:10 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
I don't know what to do. As they go to daycare and Jack goes to pre-school, we have like 10 gifts to do.

Last year I bought them all picture frames, thought I might do mugs with coffee/tea packets this year, but might just make a donation to a local charity in their name.
Julka likes this.
December 11th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Julka
I have 2 teachers and 2 bus drivers to do.

The only thing I bought is a $15 gift card to the movies for Veronika's teacher; she's younger and I think she might enjoy something like that.

No idea what I'm doing for anyone else. It's hard shopping for people you don't know!
December 11th, 2012, 01:07 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Cooper interacts with many different teachers (9 I think!) so I organized a group gift from the families that wanted to participate in order to try to give the teachers a little more than they may otherwise get from individual families.

So far we've collected enough for a $25 gift card for each teacher.

Last year I did $5 gift cards for iTunes and/or Starbucks for his teachers.
December 13th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I have 4 Girl Scout leaders, 2 bus drivers and 5 teachers to buy for. I'm doing hand soap and hand sanitizer from bath and body works along with a little candle for each of them.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
December 15th, 2012, 01:23 PM
HS&Fsmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love my mom for thinking for me this year. I really needed that. The boys are giving their teachers, assistants and director a cute napkin holder with seasonal napkins.

I love the idea of giving the bus drivers a present. I know they are underappreciated!

December 15th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did goody bags and cards for the two classrooms. Teacher and busdrivers get a gift bag with card, goodies and an ornament
December 16th, 2012, 06:51 AM
Julka
I did a giftcard to the movies & chocolates to teacher 1, giftcard to a department (Marshalls/Winners/Homesense) and a box of assorted teas to teacher 2. Then pine-needle scented hand soap and chocolates to bus driver 1, and a giftcard to Canadian Tire and a box of Irish Cream chocolates to driver 2.
December 22nd, 2012, 06:14 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ordered Christmas ornaments that say "World's Greatest Teacher" and their name and year. I gave one to each teacher. We gave his computer teacher (he has her for a half hour once a week) a jar candle. They are the only people he interacts with often. Next year will be a different story.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search