5th Birthday parties!

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By *Cyndee*
  • 1 Post By spicymustard

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2012, 06:17 PM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Past present and future...
Tell us about your LO's 5th birthday parties, plans and such.
What kind of party? Cake, Where, When and What's in the Goodie Bags???

December 30th, 2012, 08:58 PM
*~~Shannon~~*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Liam's party was almost a month ago. I posted a thread about it (I think I did anyway). It was a Lego themed party. He had a "Lego Fortress" cake and cupcakes. They were devil's food cake with vanilla buttercream (and fondant on the big cake). We had the party here with about 30 people total. Honestly, that was a smaller party for us, even in our 1200 sqft house. I love throwing parties! The goodie bags each came with two lollipops, three chocolate Legos (that I made), an apple juice box, and a kids' size travel cup. The travel cup had a removable insert, so I replaced it with a Lego themed picture with the line "Thanks for building memories with me".

December 31st, 2012, 04:44 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Aidan's party is in 3 weeks. We're doing the in home reptile zoo again this year and inviting about 8 kids. Food will be basic pizza and subs (buying, not making). The loot bags are being made up by the zoo people and will be animal themed. I also bought the package where each child will get their photo taken with one of the animals to take home. I still need to order the cake and it will be a tree frog, as per Aidan's request, and balloons. I already have all the tableware and decorations which are all animal/reptile themed. That's about it, nice and easy and low effort for me this year.

December 31st, 2012, 05:58 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Still not positive, right now Sydney says she wants a Sweet and Sassy party, I was trying to avoid the whole big party scene this year but if it's what she wants then we will do it. I will try to keep it on the the smaller side, maybe just 6-8 girls that she chooses and then a cake and ice cream family party at our house on a different day for the grandparents, etc. I really am trying to sway her to something that her brother could actually participate in but so far no dice, she is stuck on Sweet and Sassy, I am not really a fan of the place but whatever it isn't my birthday
December 31st, 2012, 06:32 AM
Maddie loves Sweet and Sassy! That is mad pricey tho.

We are finally doing a big friends party this year, she's felt left out since we were in Florida with my family and did a shared birthday party with my nephew and she barely knew anyone last year. I know she's dying to be the center of attention.

We are doing a Chuck E Cheese party, she invited all the girls from her class and her other friends. I'm planning for up to 15 kids but so far only 8 have RSVP'ed.

The kids get tokens and 2 slices of and drinks and I ordered a vedgie platter and sandwich ring for adults. Kids get to take home a balloon and a goodie bag with some treats and a few toys. Not sure about an after party at the house yet. Her party is on Sunday and her birthday is on Wednesday so we'll just have cake and icecream and a present and I'll prepare something for her to hand out to her school friends on her Birthday as well.

I think I'm going to make these

December 31st, 2012, 06:07 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Past present and future...

Tell us about your LO's 5th birthday parties, plans and such.

Well, Frederick is having his birthday at Kazoings. http://www.kazoing.com/

It's a Tot Lot/Jump party. The place has bouncey things in it plus the play room. I'm planning for most of the kids in his class to come. So far, I've had about 6 RSVP but the party isn't until the 12th. Planning on about 20 to come.

What kind of party? Cake, Where, When and What's in the Goodie Bags???

Theme is Power Rangers. They will do goodie bags there. Plus planning on a balloon twister as well. Each child will take a goodie bag and a balloon animal home. Kazoing's supplies the cups, napkins, plates, etc.

I'm going to buy two power ranger table clothes and one set of small power ranger plates for dessert. Ordering the cake at Plehns Bakery. Haven't decided if going to have pizza there or not for the kids as well. Will decide that when all RSVP's have finished and talked to all the parents.

On his actual birthday, January 7th it's his snack day and he'll be taking in Power Ranger Cupcakes from Plehns as well.

December 31st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Miranda is having her party at an indoor playground. She is inviting the whole class. (A nice perk about working there.) Planning on 20-30 kids (including siblings)

Minnie Mouse theme. Cake is included at the place.

Goodie bags...I wanted to make Minnie Mouse cookies but, I am working everyday up until the party. So I think I will get Minnie and Mickey reusable cups. Fill them with red/pink/ white M&MS. I'll make little Minnie Mouse ears that says "thank you" or something like that.

On her actual birthday January 17th we will take her out to dinner of her choice and cake. Since we are also going to Disney World the end of January we will have a joint family birthday party for both girls in March.
January 1st, 2013, 04:28 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aiden party will be at our house between 2-4pm. Just letting the kids run around and play. It will be avenger party theme. I'll make Avenger goodie bags and cupcakes and finger foods. Not sure on the type of food yet.
We are inviting his class but not sure if any of them will show. I'm hoping for a few of them only because those are the kids Aiden talks about at school. plus, a few of our friends with younger kids.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Last edited by LisaMarie!; January 1st, 2013 at 04:34 AM.
January 1st, 2013, 08:07 AM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
We're not doing a party since we're going to Disneyland. We'll do a local pizza place for dinner with my extended family the night of his birthday then leave the next morning!
January 1st, 2013, 09:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
We will be combining the girls parties again this year and having it the first weekend in February. We will be inviting both sides of our family and a few friends to the house. We will provide pizza, chips, a vege platter and drinks. The goodie bags will have a few trinkets, a capri sun, stickers and tatoos.

We are going to do a craft at the party and let each kid paint a shirt to take home.

My girls go to an inhome daycare where they are the only kids so Addy has yet to really make any friends her age. Our plan in the future is to have a family party together and then an individual party for each of them separately.

We will take Addy to Chuck E Cheese on her actual birthday.

January 3rd, 2013, 07:30 PM
.Michelle.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are doing a party at a bounce house place this Sat with his friends from school. I don't like hosting parties so this will be nice I don't have to worry about planning or cleaning up.

January 4th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I officially booked Sydney for the Sweet n Sassy party, not cheap but in comparison to other places it is about the same I guess. She really, really wanted it there so there it shall be! Her birthday isn't until 2/12 and the party will be on 2/9 with a family after party at our house for grandparents, etc since it is too crowded there to have everyone come there!
January 4th, 2013, 04:01 PM
I will be your photographer with my new camera!
Can we come to the afterparty? You guys are totally welcome to our place after Maddie's Chuck E Cheese chaos blast.

January 4th, 2013, 04:13 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We just booked Happy Joe's on the 26th for Kaija's party. All we have to supply is cake and a Birthday girl! I'm good with this kind of party
January 4th, 2013, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Cyndee* View Post
I will be your photographer with my new camera!
Can we come to the afterparty? You guys are totally welcome to our place after Maddie's Chuck E Cheese chaos blast.
woot! and absolutely! I think an adult beverage will be required at the after party
January 4th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Cool, I think we will have some family over and wings too. Kids can tear up the house and presents together. Sounds fun!
kimmiejo likes this.

January 5th, 2013, 03:03 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
We're having the party at our house again this year. I'm thinking 10 kids total but most are cousins. She wants a Barbie party. I decided to have everyone come dressed up as their favorite Barbie. I've got a big box that I'm going to decorate as if it was a Barbie box and have the kids take a picture inside the box. Probably just heavy hors d'oevres and a Barbie cake (the kind with the doll in the cake). I may end up making a small cake or cupcakes for the adults. I picked up some pre-packaged Barbie loot bags from Walmart today. It's probably crap but I don't have time to make anything
January 5th, 2013, 04:13 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We aren't doing a formal party. On her birthday we are going to Disneyland and my mom wants to bring her to the Disney hair salon where she will get her hair done, makeup, nails, and a tutu. Apparently my dads employee discount applies to this so as soon as my mom found out about it she convinced the rest of us to take the day off. she is going to love getting done up like that.

We might do an informal get together at our house the Saturday with inlaws, my brother, and a couple of friends.
~Devon~ likes this.

Last edited by spicymustard; January 5th, 2013 at 04:17 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search