5th Birthday Celebrations and worries?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cesca

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2013, 06:53 PM
Regular
Hi All,

So now that your LO is turning 5 - how will you be celebrating?

Also, Is there anyone out there freaking out about them going to Kindergarten? I know we still have untill the fall... but still!

I have had my LO in daycare since she was 4 months old, but Kindergarten is so "real" school. She seems excited, and nervous when we talk about it. I know she will do great. But still!

I know this board has been quiet, but I hope there are still a few of you out there!
February 6th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Platinum Supermommy
just logged onto JM for the first time in probably a year! HA! This is the first year I'm like wow, she's getting big!! when she turned 4 it wasn't much of a big deal to me. But I guess turning 5 is kind of like a milestone! I'm looking forward to her starting kindergarten! She is so ready for it and so excited for it. Plus I'll be able to start working and not have to worry about full time child care.

LOL The picture in my profile is like 2 years old!

February 19th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Velveeta's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Velveeta
WI just logged in for the first time in forever, and saw we'd been merged! SO SAD, but it totally makes sense!

We're celebrating big time for Trevor's Birthday tomorrow. First going to Jump Planet (which is a warehouse full of bouncy houses, then a movie, then family dinner at Red Lobster, because Trevor LOVES seafood.

February 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We're having a party at the house in a week or so.

I am freaking out about Kindergarten. I teared up when I scheduled the screening. I'm probably gonna bawl during it. LOL She's the baby so this is the last time going through this stuff. Makes it all the harder for me.
February 20th, 2013, 03:22 PM
irishblessing's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
5 does seem like a big birthday! She want's a zebra theme so I better start hunting stuff down. Other than that I might do a birthday party for both kids together considering their birthdays are so close. This would be the only year I would likely do a combined party.

I'm not too nervous about her starting Kindergarten. I think she will love it as she's very social. I'm sure it will be a big adjustment for all of us though having to get to sleep and up earlier.

Thank you Vicki for my new siggy!
February 22nd, 2013, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Logan's party is tonight at Chuck E Cheese!!!I can't believe he is 5 and I am not freaking about about kindergarten but it does make me a lilttle sad to think of him going to school.It will be a huge change from daycare/preschool

March 1st, 2013, 05:49 PM
The Lesha's Avatar Avada Kedavra
Send a message via Yahoo to The Lesha
hello welcome to the board!!!

My 08er is Mason and he will be 5 March 31st. My oldest son turned 6 on jan 5th and we decided to do a joint party this year which will be held on march 24th. Its a Mario & Luigi party and I am sooo excited about it. IVe had to do superheros for the past 3 years... lol

Mason is in PreK right now and its in the same school as my kindergartner, they both go full days. Mason goes 8-2 and Stone gets out at 2:45. I was scared at first with stone going into prek last year. I was terrified when Mason went to PreK this year and even more so that Stone went to K. Its a feeling we all have, but something that subsides eventually exspecially with the excitement they have in going. .

Thank you *Kiliki* for my gorgeous siggie!
March 2nd, 2013, 12:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kayley's party is in 9 hours. Wish me luck as it's 4am and I've been awake since 2:30am and have a major cold!
The Lesha likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search