6 year old Molars

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 9th, 2013, 10:22 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Maddie broke a tooth or lost a filling and I was checking it out yesterday and I noticed a huge molar coming in (you can see the entire top of the surface of the tooth!) on the bottom and and her gum swollen on the other side in the back too! I thought they were 5 year old molars but they are technically "6 year old molars" So EARLY! Wow, she's not even 5 yet! I'm guessing she will start losing teeth soon.

I take her to the dentist to fix or pull the tooth on her birthday next week, going to take the day off, and ask the dentist about sealing the molars since they are permanent.

Has any of our kids started losing baby teeth yet or have 6 year old molars coming in?

January 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I haven't noticed yet, but now I'm going to look! The dentist told me last month that Kaija should probably lose a few in the next few months. They didn't do xrays in December, but the ones from June had her bottom adult teeth pretty close to her baby teeth. She's been flicking her bottom teeth with her tongue lately too, but nothing is loose yet.
January 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I haven't noticed any new teeth coming in but Syd has been saying her mouth hurts and when I ask where she always points towards that back where the molars will come in so maybe they are working their way up. No lost teeth either but she did break roots on one of her front teeth last year, she fell and hit her mouth on the floor, the tooth is kinda grayish now and the dentist did xrays and said the damage was solely to her baby tooth and since it doesn't hurt her to just let it be but also that it would likely fall out sooner than the norm, I check it but it doesn't seem loose yet....a little boy from Syd's Feb08 PR has lost 2 of his teeth already as did a little guy in her pre k class who is the same age, so it's not too early!
January 9th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I haven't noticed the 6yr molars yet, but I haven't looked either. I will now! He was at the dentist a couple of months ago though and nothing was mentioned then. Aidan has the same issue as Sydney and has damage to his lower front teeth from a fall and banging his jaw/chin. The tooth is greying, but no infection and as long as it doesn't get infected, they just leave it alone to fall out on it's own. Both lower bottoms are a bit loose, but that's from the damage and not from the adult teeth making their way in. There was still some space between the babies and adults on the xray, so we probably have a bit of time yet.

I've heard and read conflicting information on the correlation between early baby teeth and early loss of baby teeth. I was curious about that since Aidan was on the early side for his baby teeth, but my current dentist said that what goes on with the baby teeth (including spacing and alignment and timing) doesn't predict much for the adult teeth.

January 9th, 2013, 03:27 PM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
Gillian, our dentist told me that it was true that the earlier they get their baby teeth, the earlier they will lose them since the start "aging" then, or something...

And Kaija totally has 3!!! of her 6 year molars cutting through. She didn't even notice...
January 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM
GirliMumi's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So you mean to tell me both girls will be "teething" at the same time? great!

A little birdie told me one of our babies lost a tooth yesterday but I'm not sure if his mommy is still on here or not so I don't want to ruin her announcement just incase. It was on fb though
January 11th, 2013, 08:56 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
^^ wait, what?! no fair, no facebook here. i hate that facebook stole the show.

walter has been chewing on his fist for a few months. it drives me crazy, but he has got to be teething. i have asked him a few times if it hurts and he says it just feels good.
January 19th, 2013, 10:46 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Oh you know Lily isn't working on any molars or losing teeth. Wasn't she the last one in the PR to get teeth? Her 2 year molars came in on her 3rd birthday. I didn't lose my first tooth until I was 6 so I think we still have some time to go

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search