Gifts

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheMommyProject

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Platinum Supermommy
What Christmas and birthday gifts have been a hit this year? Addy's birthday is in 5 days and I am still trying to figure out what else to get her for her birthday.

My girls do not like dolls, barbies, My Little Ponies, Polly Pockets, or really anything very girlie. All they seem to want to play with is dress up (which they have over 30 costumes) and stuffed animals (which we have too many of already.)

I have picked up a farm set and a kids MP3 player.

Neither of our girls have played with anything they got for Christmas so I am at a total loss.

January 14th, 2013, 08:40 PM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Jacob is in to Lego's
January 15th, 2013, 02:38 AM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My boys love their firetrucks, ironman, batman and hotwheel cars.

I had bought Preston a firetruck and then we found out that Aiden told Santa he wanted a fire truck. So Ryan went looking for one and only found a 3foot long fire truck. It is so big.... but they both love their trucks.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

January 15th, 2013, 03:51 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Aidan loves his Playmobil wild life sets and it was such a hit that I got him their pirate island set for his Birthday. Books are always a hit with him, he got the last few Dr. Seuss he needed to complete his library. He also loves his Lego and any of the craft stuff (paints, markers, etc...) that he got.

January 15th, 2013, 06:20 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Syd does love Barbies so that stuff is a hit, she got the camper for Christmas but for her birthday I got her an MP5 player, she wanted an ipod but I found a cheaper alternative and it works great (once I figured out how to transfer all the music and video which took me forever cause I am a tech dum dum haha) I think she will love it. So for her birthday she is getting that and then some necessities like clothes, boots and a new alarm clock. Syd also loves crafts and lately science stuff, like those science experiment kits you can buy, she is fascinated!
January 15th, 2013, 06:28 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
Tea sets (she got 3), markers and craft kits like sticker mosaics and scratch drawings, sticker books, playdoh toys, and GAMES omg she loves strategy games.

January 15th, 2013, 06:54 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
my boys wont play with toys but they have been playing with a trilobite fossil and 25 cent vending machine duck for an hour. i dont know why i buy them toys. walter did get this from me for his bday, its a big hit.

Little Tikes Junior Inflatable Sports and Slide Bouncer - Walmart.com
January 15th, 2013, 08:01 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
I'm a little relieved to see that Kaija's not the only one who got an MP3 player for her birthday! My mom wanted to get her CDs but not have DH and I be tortured in the car on long rides, so she got her a cheap one and she uses it in the afternoons during Kolbie's nap.

Other stuff Kaija's been using a lot is her art supplies. That kid will turn a scrap of cardboard and Scotch tape into almost anything.
January 15th, 2013, 08:28 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristenpie View Post
my boys wont play with toys but they have been playing with a trilobite fossil and 25 cent vending machine duck for an hour. i dont know why i buy them toys. walter did get this from me for his bday, its a big hit.

Little Tikes Junior Inflatable Sports and Slide Bouncer - Walmart.com
I can relate to this! My house is full of pine cones, rocks and sticks with scattering of cut up card board. I buy so many toys, because I'm a shopaholic, and he only plays with actual toys about a quarter of the time, if I'm lucky.
bostoncreampie likes this.

January 15th, 2013, 03:27 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The biggest hit was their kitchen. I bought her a Melissa and Doug cookie set to go with it. Lilly also really enjoyed the necklace making kit she got for Christmas.

January 15th, 2013, 05:30 PM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids love art supplies.
January 15th, 2013, 07:57 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
how about cash and a trip to the toy store?
January 16th, 2013, 05:26 AM
Leah1216's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Miranda is really into making her own arts and crafts. She will literally spend hours with construction paper, scissors, and a glue stick.

Other then that I bought her a few new pieces to her loving family doll house and she has been playing with that. She also likes the fisher price princess castle I bought her sister for Christmas.

For her birthday I bought her the Minnie Mouse rain coat, boots, and umbrella she has been wanting. Along with tickets for her and I to see princess' on ice in February!
January 17th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mommy2lilman Send a message via Yahoo to mommy2lilman
Frederick is into spiderman, laser peg light up construction sets , ninja turtles, etc.

For christmas/Birthday he got: art supplies, children's computer tablet, rollar skates, 2 leappad gift cards, movies, race track, lase peg construction sets, squinkies, spy set, remote control car, books, leap tag, new suitcase, another construction set, guitar, etc.

January 19th, 2013, 09:49 PM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
Crafts! Lily got a headband decorating set for Christmas that she's had fun with. My friend just sent her a kiwi crate set with fairy and fairy wand decorating for her birthday. Anything with rhinestones and glue is a hit

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search