Cold Enough For Ya?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 10:29 AM
*Cyndee*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via ICQ to *Cyndee*
It's a high of 19 degrees, low of 15 tonight. FREEZING COLD! We got a dusting of snow for the first time the other evening but nothing since. Might get some more on Friday.

What are you doing to keep busy while it's really cold out this winter?

January 23rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
mylene169's Avatar Kaija and Kolbie's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to mylene169 Send a message via Yahoo to mylene169
We're going nuts over here. Today it's 19 but feels like 8. At least it's positive for both today!! Yesterday we went to lunch at BK with a play area so the girls could run around. But the heat was broken in the play area so they were freezing anyway!
January 23rd, 2013, 10:39 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Last night was our coldest and went down to -25C/-13F and right now it's up to -13C/8F. We've had hardly any snow, which sucks and cuts down on our normal outdoor fun stuff. The really cold snap is only a couple days long, so we are pretty much just doing our regular stuff and riding it out.

Last edited by TheMommyProject; January 24th, 2013 at 07:27 AM.
January 23rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
kimmiejo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
it's def cold but really doesn't effect anything for us we still go about our normal things, I guess living in the NE all my life cold is just eh cold haha, it doesn't really bother me. My kids also will still bundle up and play outside, maybe not when it's THIS cold but if it's in the 30s they go out and play sometimes. I do wish it would snow though, I mean if it's going to be cold please at least snow! Friday isn't looking all that promising for a good snow, a dusting is just boring and a tease if you ask me LOL....I am ready for a blizzard!
January 23rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
LisaMarie!'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, its 70 degrees here... I'm loving it. I hate snow and the cold.

<
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

January 23rd, 2013, 02:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I know you guys will laugh because our temperatures aren't as cold as yours, but it has been way, way colder here than what I am used to. The last few weeks, our highs were in the upper 30's/low 40's and our lows were dipping below freezing. We were also getting strong wind gusts so it wasn't exactly park weather. We were going crazy stuck inside. This week, the weather is finally back to normal. We are back to the 70's (although it feels a bit colder than that) so we can finally go outside. Ironically, we have been busy with indoor activities the last couple days but I definitely plan on taking her to the park this week and to the beach whenever we make it to the 80's.
January 23rd, 2013, 03:00 PM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
it was 9 this morning. when its cold like this, we go to the library or museums. today they took an hour long sensory bath with this gooey bath barf we have and bowls and spoons. we watch more tv too.
January 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It was 24 out here about a week ago. It was hell. I don't know how you guys do it. I didmt want to leave my portable heater. It's been back to upper 60s with rain on the way maybe for the weekend.

January 23rd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Destany's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's been pretty cold here, the same as most of you. Teens to twenties.
We've been stuck inside mostly. The lack of exercise is what's getting to us the most.
January 24th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
This is when I should be posting that you're all wimps.

Not as bad here today, it's -19C/-2F, but it's really sunny and no wind, so it's actually not that bad (all relative, I know). It's definitely well below normal for here though, our usual January temps should be around -8 to - 10C (high teens F). The weather is so crazy though, they are calling for it to be back up to +5C/41F early next week. I really dislike the fluctuations and lack of snow. I'd be much happier with normal winter temps and snow.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search