5th birthdays

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By SheilaRN
  • 1 Post By youngwoman
  • 1 Post By claire1979
  • 1 Post By 4 boys
  • 2 Post By Bermuda Girl
  • 1 Post By aprilmiracle

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Can you believe our kids are turning 5?? It's only a few months away! Has anyone made any 5th birthday plans?
January 26th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Julka
We don't throw birthday parties, but we definitely celebrate as a family. I'll be making her a cake and we'll either go to a restaurant of her choice or she'll get to order whatever food she wants. I'll also be making goody bags to bring to school
January 26th, 2013, 06:21 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
No clue yet. Katie will have a party, but not sure where or what she wants to do. We have a couple of family birthday parties in February we need to do first.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
January 27th, 2013, 05:23 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We're taking Ethan to Disney for his 5th birthday. We will be home a few days before his actual birthday. I'm sending him to school that day with cupcakes. We're picking him up and taking him to the Museum of Natural Sciences (Dinosaur museum) and lunch. I'm thinking of having a small party the next day. Just grandparents and a couple of friends. I'll order pizza and get a cake.

January 27th, 2013, 10:59 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We don't have big parties either but I'll make a cake and we'll have balloons and presents. I was thinking of making his cake to look like a caterpillar but we'll see. Grandparents usually come for pizza and such too, but it's all pretty low key. I'm going to be very pregnant at the time and I can't imagine I'll want to do a whole pile.
January 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
We normally invite family over and have some cake and ice cream.
I'm kind of thinking about having a "kid" party. Ellie loves her friends from daycare/preschool. I was thinking this might be the year we throw a real party with her friends. I'm still on the fence about it but I know she would love it.
I have a month or so to still decide....
Bermuda Girl likes this.
January 27th, 2013, 04:21 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm thinking the same as you, Sheila. This is the first year that Leah has a few friends from homeschool groups and dance class, so she's talked about wanting to invite them over for a little party. Leah's birthday falls on a Wednesday this year, so right now we're thinking small party with her friends the weekend prior, then maybe taking her to the aquarium on her birthday, and then all her grandparents will come down the weekend after to celebrate. Busy week, but it'll be fun!
SheilaRN likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 01:21 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Keeley really desperately wants to go to disney she keeps asking when she can but with money tight i'll be throwing her a disney princess party.
SheilaRN likes this.

January 28th, 2013, 06:34 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Claire, how far are you from Disney? I have some friends who were station in Germany for the military. I know they went a few times.
January 28th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm thinking of making Reid a cake like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3GLXILA2RT...llar+Cake2.JPG
Julka likes this.
January 28th, 2013, 03:47 PM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 boys View Post
I'm thinking of making Reid a cake like this:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3GLXILA2RT...llar+Cake2.JPG
Adorable cake! Good luck!

We're doing a surprise trip to Disney for Cooper's birthday. We're actually leaving a week before his birthday and will spend the majority of the week in FL. Three of his six grandparents are going with us. On his actual birthday we will be flying home.
January 30th, 2013, 06:54 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Big year for birthdays at Disney Keller will also be spending his birthday with the Mouse! We will have a family party on the 20th, the weekend before because my mom will be here that weekend. Then I think I will send cupcakes to his school on Tuesday (his bday is Thursday), and then we leave Wednesday night and will be in Disney April 24th - 30th.

Keller is a late birthday (26th) so probably no one else will be down there that late in the month, but if anyone IS - let me know and we'll do a meetup!!

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
February 1st, 2013, 01:44 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having the baby on March 19th if not sooner so I am trying to decide how ready I will be when it comes to throwing parties. I think I may just do friends/family for cake and pizza and then maybe a fun play date at the local bounce house.
February 3rd, 2013, 06:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I do not want to do a party, but since we always have we probably will again. Most likely she will have a party at the park. I still have to decide what to do for Brad this month...I dread party planning!
February 4th, 2013, 11:52 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaRN View Post
Claire, how far are you from Disney? I have some friends who were station in Germany for the military. I know they went a few times.
I'd be taking her to the Paris Disney, even thou i don't mind travelling its the cost lol

February 4th, 2013, 01:32 PM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
We are doing a 'kid' party this year. But I honestly don't know many of Jack's school friend parents and not really excited to have them in my home, so we are going to a local play center that puts on birthdays. It is like 3 hours and a couple hundred dollars, Jack is excited so that is all that matters!
SheilaRN and youngwoman like this.
February 6th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
that cake is too cute!

I just looked, E's birthday is the Saturday after Easter break, maybe we should do Disneyland, too! I'm not sure what theme she wants, probably princess or Jake something or other, she's not picky. I bought her a new wooden kitchen and I think she's ready for a purple Leappad 2. She's been wanting one forever like her older brother
February 9th, 2013, 06:35 AM
aprilmiracle's Avatar Single Mom to Birk
We're doing a family party and kid party. We've always had 2 parties. Not sure where we'll host the kid party yet, I'm not sure I want it in my house lol Think he wanted a monster theme, but it might change again.
SheilaRN likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search