Pregnancy Update

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Or maybe it's going to be more of a pregnancy vent.

I'm 24 weeks now. In the last month, I've had a bladder infection, took antibiotics which resulted in a yeast infection, had an ultrasound on my kidneys after which they told me I may have a kidney stone and recommended I go for a CT scan. On top of all of that, I'm pretty sure I have some nasty form of SPD or pelvic girdle pain and I pretty much can't do anything. Some days it's a struggle just to make meals.

On the bright side (the side I'm trying to focus on), the infections are finally almost gone and what they think is a kidney stone isn't bothering me at all (and IMO might not be one at all) so my doctor and I decided that I don't need the CT scan and we'll just wait and see what happens. Also, my boys are SO helpful; they have taken over all the house cleaning and laundry. All I have to do is make meals and teach school. Bailey even comes grocery shopping with me so that I don't have to push a heavy cart.

I never did find out the gender. Seeing as how the heartbeat has been higher than the rest of my boys, and the gender shot on the ultrasound showed a big nothing, I am inclined to think we're having a girl, but we'll just be surprised I suppose. At this point I don't really care. Even if I knew, I wouldn't be rushing out to buy a bunch of stuff anyway, since I have everything I need for the newborn stage.

I'm just hoping that the next few months are better than this one has been!
January 30th, 2013, 12:03 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope the rest of your pregnancy runs smooth. And I'm hoping it's a girl

January 30th, 2013, 07:07 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Goodness Girl!!

I hope that's not a preview of how the rest of this pregnancy is going to play out.
Sounds like you have some pretty good boys. It's nice to know you have someone around to give you a hand when you need it.

I'm thinking it must be a girl. YOu didn't have these kind of problems with the boys , did you?
January 31st, 2013, 06:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope the rest of your pregnancy is easier. I had a kidney stone when I was pregnant with Katy and it was like the worst night of my life. Way way worst than labor. Worse than I broke my lake. Just all around bad!

I can't wait to see what you have. Your boys are so adorable...I know they must be getting so big these days.
January 31st, 2013, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SheilaRN View Post
YOu didn't have these kind of problems with the boys , did you?
I've had various issues with all of them but this is certainly the worst. Actually, I was on bedrest with Ben for a few weeks and that sucked! At least I can still get up right now. I had a bit of SPD at the end with Reid and they say it gets worse every pregnancy, so I was sort of expecting to have something, but not like this!

I'm mostly ok though.
January 31st, 2013, 11:37 PM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Hope the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful x

February 1st, 2013, 05:05 AM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Awww, your boys are so awesome for helping you so much. I hope the remainder of your pregnancy is uneventful!

February 1st, 2013, 01:19 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
eeeks, I am sorry you are having so many issues right now. I hope that they all pass soon and that you go on to have an uneventful rest of your pregnancy. That is awesome that your boys are being so helpful.
February 3rd, 2013, 06:19 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So sorry for all of the issues! Hang in there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search