Paying Bills

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 1st, 2013, 11:40 AM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Who does it in your house?
If you have 2 incomes do you have seperate accounts? Or do you share all your $$.

I pay all the bills. It's just easier. Plus, I'm a bit of a control freak and want to know what is coming in and going out.

We do have 2 incomes and all the $ goes into one account. I prefer it this way. Especially now that dh makes more than me....I love spending "his" money.
February 1st, 2013, 01:31 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I pay the bills.

All of our money goes into the same account. I have been trying to decide on a different way to do the bills just because I know DH doesn't enjoy always having to check if he can spend money or getting an "allowance." I am not sure that there is a solution since we live on a set budget though.
February 1st, 2013, 05:43 PM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonovinsMommy View Post
I pay the bills.

All of our money goes into the same account. I have been trying to decide on a different way to do the bills just because I know DH doesn't enjoy always having to check if he can spend money or getting an "allowance." I am not sure that there is a solution since we live on a set budget though.
We live on a set budget too and "allowance" is essentially what we give each other each month for free-spending. So say it's $200 this month then that's all we each can spend on whatever we want; we don't need to look at the bank account, just at the Excel spreadsheet.. so if DH buys something for $50, he writes it down and it automatically shows he only has $150 left. We have like a detailed spreadsheet all set up, but it means we NEVER go under or don't have enough. We adjust it as needed monthly and add the varied expenses; the fixed ones are the same. Works for us.

I mostly pay the online bills, but DH pays off his own credit cards and adjusts the spreadsheet monthly and weekly, while I key in the daily spendings like groceries and random things we buy.
February 2nd, 2013, 12:19 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
i pay all my bills online and Lee does his at the moment but we just applied for a joint account so we can just have the one account and know where we both are.

February 2nd, 2013, 09:52 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Shawn pays the bills. I get an "allowance" every month. I have a small part time job that gives me a little spending money every month too. It's about 15 hours a month. Most of my money goes to extra things for the kids (toys, clothes, etc). He buys all of the big stuff. We have one account that his pay goes into. We have several savings accounts ( car maintenance, kids savings accounts, college funds, general savings). I also have a checking account and Ethan has a birthday money/piggy bank savings account attached to my account. It works for us.

February 3rd, 2013, 06:29 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Joint account and he usually pays the bills because he set up online pay and I cannot remember the password half of the time.
February 4th, 2013, 01:35 PM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
We have a joint bank account, however I have a separate Visa, savings account and RRSP to keep my credit active. We sit down every 2 weeks and pay bills together.
February 6th, 2013, 10:22 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I pay all the bills out of the joint account, otherwise they wouldn't get paid
February 8th, 2013, 05:20 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Joint account, and all money gets deposited there. Paul pays the bills, but I have access to all the accounts. Our money really varies as to how much overtime Paul works, so some weeks we don't have a lot, some we have extra, etc. We always have enough to pay our bills, but sometimes we aren't able to put as much into savings as we'd like.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search