Clothes

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 6th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
Do you let your (almost) 5 year old pick their clothes each day? How does morning work in your house?
February 6th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Julka
Easy here since her school has a blue/white dress code. She does care about her clothes so even within her uniform selection, she prefers the jumper-dress or the skirts but it's too freezing out now to go outside in those so we stick with pants. She's not too picky - I lay out her school clothes in the morning and she wears whatever I put. But then she goes in her room and adds colorful accessories, lol.

On the weekends, at home, she can wear whatever she likes. She usually picks a dress out. Outside it's not so important since she's always in a jacket, etc. To go visit family, we usually pick out her clothes together.
February 6th, 2013, 08:38 PM
youngwoman's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I often ask Leah what she wants to wear. Some days, she chooses, other days she tells me to pick. I sometimes guide her based on the weather or something specific we might be doing (park, dance, etc).

February 6th, 2013, 11:06 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I ask Donovin to wear jeans daily but he picks his shirt every morning. He wakes up and gets himself dressed every morning before school. He loves to change his clothes though. So throughout the day he changes his clothes on average of 3 times. It is cute and frustrating at the same time. Everyone told me that it was a phase and yet this has been going on since he was 2. He wants to match his daddy at all times. :/
February 6th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she still lets me pick out her stuff, she's pretty easy going

Lucky mother to five!

February 7th, 2013, 09:08 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ethan lets me pick his clothes. He's very easy going when it comes to stuff like that.

February 7th, 2013, 09:17 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I lay out her clothes the night before and usually I pick. Every once in a while she'll want to run back upstairs and switch the outfit I picked for something else.
February 7th, 2013, 08:32 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I normally have a weeks worth of clothes prepped on Sat or Sun. I just grab something early in the morning and take it to daycare. If they are complaining about it or don't like it I haven't heard it yet.

Plus, many of their clothes are in outfits hanging up in the closet. If the pick something out it's usually pretty safe. Except on days I work and they are with dh. Those days their outfits can get pretty crazy.
February 7th, 2013, 09:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Reid picks his own because he is often up with his brothers before I am. The only thing I'm picky about is he can't wear jeans with holes in them if we are going somewhere.
February 8th, 2013, 12:47 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Keeley has to wear a school uniform during the week but on weekends and holidays she chooses what to wear, and she picks some right outfits lol

February 8th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
For school days we get his clothes out the night before, most of the time I let him pick. When he is at home he picks out his clothes that morning.
February 8th, 2013, 06:11 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Kate picks out her own clothes. We always pick out clothes the night before. I sometimes "guide" Katie with her clothing choices, she would wear striped leggings, a striped skirt and a striped shirt if I let her... because stripes match with other stripes, right? LOL

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 14th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
Jack is weird on clothes. We are in a comfy clothes stage that all he wants to wear is sweatpants. I have bought him some non-jean pants and he will wear those, but doesn't really care about anything else.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search