Homemade Valentines?

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Julka
  • 1 Post By SheilaRN
  • 1 Post By DonovinsMommy
  • 1 Post By 2xPink
  • 1 Post By Bermuda Girl

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 8th, 2013, 05:29 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Is your child handing out valentines at school or mailing to friends or family?

My girls are making homemade valentines for their classmates and for friends and family. We are also doing goody bags for the classmates.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
February 9th, 2013, 09:00 AM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ethan had his party yesterday and we bought Valentines and McDonalds coupons for each kid. He made me a Valentine in class that I love!

February 9th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Julka
We made homemade valentines for the kids in their class. I got 2 ideas from Pinterest and basically merged them into one. The girls were helping put everything inside!

I know they're working on Valentine's in school but they'll bring them home next week! Oh, and they also made a beautiful card for their teacher all on their own.
SheilaRN likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 09:10 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
Julia-I love those cards!! So sweet and such a great idea.

I've been searching Pinterest for a few ideas too. There are a couple that I'm thinking about but haven't decided yet. Hopefully I will figure it out by tomorrow afternoon. That's the only day we have time to sit and be crafty.

The girls will exchange cards with all the kids from daycare. They always have a little party.
Julka likes this.
February 9th, 2013, 09:52 PM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Love those cards Julia. We have to work on them tomorrow and I haven't decided if we are going to go buy some or make them. I also have to make some goody bags for his class on Wednesday. I haven't decided what to put in them yet either. Talk about procrastination.
Julka likes this.
February 12th, 2013, 09:45 AM
MommyToCooper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a loser and am not doing anything for school this year. Last year I went overboard and I just don't have the energy this year. Cooper said he wanted to make one big card for his whole class which I'm cool with. I just couldn't imagine him sitting down and filling out 40 some cards... wasn't going to happen.
February 12th, 2013, 10:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kai wanted to get store bought cards so he did.
We did do personal ones for his teachers
February 12th, 2013, 11:20 AM
KellersMom517's Avatar Emily-Mom to Keller Henry
Keller only has 10 other kids in his class, so we did a mini sand bucket/shovel filled with little toys and candy. And they said "I DIG YOU" haha - Pinterest is so cheesy great.

Isla 10/27/10 and Keller 4/26/08
February 12th, 2013, 01:25 PM
ethansmom0408's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellersMom517 View Post
Keller only has 10 other kids in his class, so we did a mini sand bucket/shovel filled with little toys and candy. And they said "I DIG YOU" haha - Pinterest is so cheesy great.
That is such a cute idea. I've just now had time to check out Pinterest and its fabulous.

February 12th, 2013, 01:53 PM
Mommy2Hunter's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Usually we do homemade ones, but this year my heart just isn't in it..haha. Store bought ones it is!
February 12th, 2013, 06:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Rachel, McDonalds coupons are so cool! Julia, I love what you created! Emily, I bet the buckets will be a huge hit! We are doing store bought for classmates and homemade for teachers. Both classes said only to sign who they are from, which made me a little less in the spirit even though it is easier. I sent treats for the parties, but am not going to attach anything to the cards this year. It doesn't help that we have all been sick the past few weeks and I wound up with pink eye, bronchitis and a stubborn sinus infection that is still hanging on after two rounds of antibiotics. Bare minimum this year for sure!
Julka likes this.

Last edited by 2xPink; February 12th, 2013 at 06:43 PM.
February 14th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
I had every intention of doing homemade Valentines, but really between work, life the kids being sick and sick and sick, I just didn't get it together. So i ordered Plush Valentines Snakes for the kids in Olive and Jack's classes at daycare.

Plush Valentine Snakes, Plush Toys, Novelty Toys, Toys, Games & Novelties - Oriental Trading
clouise likes this.
February 14th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I guess homemade are in style this year. When I was a kid everyone had store bought it seemed, but I saw that most of the ones Carrie got this year were homemade. She did still get a few of those cool store bought ones with the suckers attached - always a hit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search