High fluid levels

Forum: 2008 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2013, 06:11 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did any of you guys have high fluid levels during any of your pregnancy? I did have high fluid with Donovin but not enough to be diagnosed with an issue.

Yesterday I had an ultrasound and was diagnosed with too much amniotic fluid and of course I googled it and read a ton of things that I didn't want to know. I think my fluid was just above the high normal at 25.4cm and normal is between 5 and 25.

Baby is measuring in the 85th percentile and is 6lbs 14oz. I have one month before my C-section so they are predicting him to be between 8lbs 7oz and 9lb 7oz. Everything looked great they said. But after reading all that information I can't help but worry.
February 20th, 2013, 07:31 AM
claire1979's Avatar mummy to a special angel
Send a message via MSN to claire1979
Sorry no advice hun but i hope it settles down and you c section goes smoothly

February 20th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Did they actually diagnose you with anything or tell you something you should be doing about it? If not, then it's probably not a huge deal. You are only very slightly over normal so it's probably ok.
February 20th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
I am sure everything is fine! And stop googling!!!! When I was pregnant with Olive I had some medical issues and google made me feel 10x worse. Enjoy this last month. If the Dr.s aren't worried, I wouldn't be either.
February 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM
DonovinsMommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was diagnosed with polyhydraminos. She just gave me a bunch of "do immediately if you go into labor rules" Which is what made me google. She didn't tell me anything was wrong just insisted I come in if I have 3 to 4 strong contractions in an hour and if my water breaks get to the hospital within 30mins.

All different from there standard rules of wait until contractions start after your water breaks and to go to the hospital if I have 5 or more contractions in an hour as long as they have consistency.

I am going to try and not to worry about it. Thank goodness this has been the worst thing I have had to worry about otherwise I think I would go crazy.
February 20th, 2013, 09:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
My cousin had too much fluid, but all was okay. I agree witthe advice to stay away from the Internet, but I would have looked it up too.
February 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM
SheilaRN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to SheilaRN
I definitely did with my first pg. There were so many other issues that it just pretty much came with the territory.

Ellie and Bella were pretty much normal levels.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search